04.

"What a dork," I muttered.

Quiver

Chapter 4; The Particle Accelerator

The next morning, I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock. I am normally a morning person but there are some days where I cannot get out of bed. Today was one of those mornings. I slowly climbed out of bed and dragged my feet to the shower. I turned the water on and went back to my closet to pick out an outfit while the water warmed up. I went back to the bathroom and hopped into the shower. I took my time, not remembering that today was a day where I didn't have time to waste.

I grabbed my purse and put my phone and wallet inside. I grabbed my keys and drove towards Jitters which was my new favorite coffee place.

I parked outside of Jitters and stepped into the coffee shop, the aroma wafting around me. I walked up to the counter and order my favorite drink: a vanilla latte with caramel and cinnamon.

"Thanks," I paused to see the barista's name tag," Iris." Iris smiled at me and went to take the next order. I went to start walking when I bumped into someone, spilling the burning hot latte onto my bare arms causing me to yelp out in pain.

"I am so sorry! I didn't mean to," I heard him say.

"It's alright," I said while walking over to the napkins. "No harm done." I looked up and saw who I had bumped into.

"Barry?" The young man looked down at me.

"Charlie? What are you doing here?" He asked, laughing a little.

"I told you that I moved to Central City for detective business."

"Oh, right." I laughed at him as I confronted to dry off my arms and clothes. "Anyways, again, I'm really sorry about spilling all over you," he apologized.

"I told you that it's fine," I said. He looked at the clock and his eyes widened.

"Oh, no. I'm going to be late again," he muttered. He started walking away in a hurry. "I have to go. I'm sorry again for-" he bumped into someone, apologized and turned back to me," burning your arm. Sorry." He ran out of the coffee shop. I started laughing and looked down at my feet.

"What a dork," I muttered. I grabbed my latte, threw the napkin away, and walked out of Jitters.

My first day as an assistant at the magazine company that I worked for was very boring. I didn't realize that being an assistant for the CEO was going to be so awful. During lunch break, I went over to Big Belly Burger, something that I was grateful for having over in this city.

As I sat eating my lunch, I received a text from Thea.

Why did you have to leave?
I'm so bored without you.

I smiled down at my phone before responding.

Sorry, Speedy. Starling City
was just getting too boring.

Starling?? Boring? That's
hard to believe seeing as
you're a detective and also
Quiver.

Okay. It was also hectic
as well.

I just miss my big sister
telling me what not to do.

I can still do that even
if I'm a few hours away

"Got room for one more at this table?" I looked up from my phone and saw Caitlin Snow.