39.

Charlotte's smile faded as she looked over at Felicity, trying to forget about what she had just said, seeing as the other blonde was talking about the guy that she likes and her brother.

Quiver

Chapter 39; Melissophobia

Charlotte groaned at Barry before walking inside. He knew that she didn't like being picked up and rushed to places with his superspeed. It quite literally took her breath away whenever he ran with her in his arms.

She rushed into the building as fast as she could in heels, which was quite fast seeing as she has gotten used to running in heels. When she reached the Cortex, she noticed the group standing in Caitlin's medical area. She assumed the worst and automatically thought someone was hurt, until she heard Caitlin speak.

"That is one odd-looking bee," she commented. Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows and walked closer to the group. She stood next to Barry as Cisco examined the bee closer in the microscope.

"That's 'cause it isn't a bee at all." He glanced up and looked over at Caitlin. "It's a robot." Caitlin gently nudged Cisco over so she could look through the microscope as Barry and Charlotte leaned over to get a closer look at the mechanical bee.

Charlotte called Felicity and Ray and told them to come over to S.T.A.R. Labs as soon as they could. She explained what was going on as they were rushing out to their car. Everyone was standing by the monitors when the two arrived.

"Unbelievable," Cisco said, staring at the bee on the monitor. He had taken some pictures, as well as scans of it, to get a better understanding as to what they were dealing with. "This bot's got a 360-degree vision system. I mean, we're talking multiple micro-cameras all coming from various angles at the same time. Which means -"

"It can see all around the room at once," Ray finished with a grin. "That is -"

"Amazing," they said together. Charlotte looked between the two of them before corrected them.

"Disturbing."

"It's also next-gen hardware that nowhere near the market," Dr. Wells pointed out.

"So we're not dealing with a meta-human?" asked Felicity.

"It's just a mad scientist," Barry answered.

"Cisco, you said the second victim, Bill Carlisle, was a robotics engineer. Let's cross-reference his previous employers with those of Lindsay Kang," Dr. Wells suggested, but Felicity cut in before Cisco could do anything.

"Allow me. Mama's been away from a keyboard for far too long." She started typing erratically on the keyboard, or that's what Charlotte thought, but soon the victim's faces showed up on the screen.

"They both worked at Mercury Labs," Barry read off the screen, turning towards Dr. Wells.

"Let's call Joe. I think it's time we pay a visit to an old friend."

___

A few hours later, Caitlin and Charlotte were waiting for Felicity to come back from Jitters. SHe had called Barry over there to talk about what he shared while they were at dinner. Felicity tried to convince him to share his theory with Cisco and Caitlin, but Barry was still to nervous about telling them. He didn't know if they were working alongside the Reverse-Flash, or not.

Once the other blonde arrived, the three of them watched Cisco and Ray upgrade and improve the latter's suit. They kept chuckling at their facial expressions whenever they geeked out about something.