38.

As she stared at herself in the mirror, she wondered how the night was going to go with Barry's attitude towards everyone lately.

Quiver

Chapter 38; All Star Team Up

*long chapter!! 4.9k words!*

"Death by apotoxin," Caitlin announced as she walked into the Cortex from her medical lab. Barry and Joe had come back from a crime scene were the victim was covered in puncture wounds. They had brought back a blood sample from the victim to S.T.A.R. Labs because the technology there was faster than in Barry's crime lab.

"Honeybee venom," clarified Dr. Wells who seemed deep in thought about the situation.

"Bees," Cisco breathed. "Why did it have to be bees?" Charlotte snorted at her friend, thinking of a reference to Harry Potter with Ron and spiders. "Y'all, I don't do bees. Ain't nobody got time for bees.

"But when a honeybee stings, the stingers are literally torn from their abdomen, and they die," Charlotte thought aloud.

"But there were no stingers in the body and no dead bees in the car," informed Barry, shaking his head.

"A honeybee can only deposit .1 milligrams of apitoxin when it releases its stinger," Caitlin added.

"And yet, Ms. Kang was found with enough venom in her system to kill a herd of elephants," Dr. Wells finished, staring at the screen in front of him that showed her picture and name. "It appears not only is a meta-human controlling these bees but also increasing their toxicity."

"Bees communicate by releasing pheromones. Maybe this meta's controlling them through secretion?" suggested Charlotte, who earned a nod from Barry in agreement. Cisco looked around at the people in the room with disgust.

"Anyone want to join me in getting a beekeeper suit?"

"I'm pretty sure I can outrun a bee," Barry told Cisco.

"Just don't run into a lake," a familiar voice spoke from the Cortex entrance. Charlotte and the rest of the group turned around and saw Felicity. She grinned at seeing another member of the 'Blonde Squad'. "Bees will wait for you to come up for air and then they'll sting you. Discovery Channel. Turns out there's a lot to discover."

"Felicity, what are you doing here?" Barry asked, taking a few steps forward.

"Can you guys come outside for a sec?" She gestured towards the door as the group looked around at each other in confusion. They all followed her out to the front of the building and waited. As they were standing there in confusion, Felicity was staring up at the sky.

Caitlin looked down at her watch as everyone else was also looking up at the blue sky of Central City. Charlotte turned to Barry who gave her a shrug, as if to say that he didn't know what was going on either.

"What exactly are we waiting for, Ms. Smoak?" Dr. Wells asked, voicing everyone's thoughts.

"Up there," she exclaimed, pointing at a moving dot in the sky. Charlotte took a step forward and squinted her eyes to try and see what it was.

"Is that a bird?" Caitlin wondered aloud.

"It's a plane," stated Cisco, also taking a step forward.

The tiny dot grew bigger as it grew closer to the building, it's shape becoming more recognizable by the second. It was indeed a man; however, he was inside of a metal suit which crashed down onto the ground in front of the group, breaking the cement underneath.