24.

"I like you. I hope we become friends."

Quiver

Chapter 24; The Sound and the Fury

"Barry, there's an intersection coming up," Charlotte reminded the speedster as he was running after two motorcyclists that were riding away from the cops. Charlotte was still in her wheelchair - a non-electric one, much to her dismay - from the burns she received on her legs from the last attack from Captain Cold. She kept telling everyone that she was fine, and that she didn't need for them to baby her, but Barry saw through her. He knew that she was frustrated with being confined to a chair all day.

"Hurry," added Caitlin. Caitlin had been very shaken up since the accident involving Snart and his new accomplice, Mick Rory. She thought her best friend died, and she was almost in hysterics before she found out that Charlotte was, in fact, alive. She blamed herself for Charlotte's injury not realizing that the blonde blamed herself for not being able to protect Caitlin.

Cisco, who had been typing away at his computer, was able to hack into the stop lights and turn the green light to a red. "This should slow 'em down." The motorcyclists, who didn't care for the safety of others, turned different ways at the stop light; one went left and the other went right.

"Guys, which way?" Barry shouted into his microphone in his cowl as he skid to a stop at the light.

"Left," Caitlin informed at the same time Cisco said, "Right." They looked at each other before spitting out the response of the other person from the first time.

"Stop! You both hear you're telling me two different things, right?" Dr. Wells, who had been observing the young adults decided to step in and give Barry real directions.

"Barry, listen up. Listen carefully. Here is what you're going to do." Charlotte watched Barry's signal marker take off down the street as he listened to Wells' directions. "Now, the Queen is trying to make it to the bridge, but I have a shortcut, wait for it, and left. Left. Right."

"I see her!"

"Make her go west before Fremont."

"Okay, how?"

"I'd recommend a detour. Now, the King is headed for the entrance to the interstate." With everyone watching the screen intently, Barry blocked off the three motorcyclists and was able to make them all turn back to where they all met at an intersection. Barry swiped the keys from them just as the police arrived at the intersection.

"Check Mate," Dr. Wells smiled.

"Give me some! Yeah!" Cisco exclaimed when Barry strode into the Cortex. They high-fived each other and they both wore large grins on their faces. Barry walked over to Charlotte and rested his hands on her shoulders.

"Efficiently done, Mr. Allen," praised Dr. Wells.

"We need a picture," Cisco announced as he went to grab his phone. Charlotte rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I'm pretty sure rule number one of having a secret identity is not taking pictures of yourself in your super suit without a mask on," Barry told him.

"That's is rule number one," Charlotte hummed in agreement.

"Oh, come on, please!" Cisco begged. "This is just for us. This is to document all this."

"Who knows? Maybe people in the future will want to know how all this happened." Charlotte and Caitlin looked at the doctor with wide eyes. They didn't think that he would agree to something like that.