49.

Charlotte watched from afar with tears falling down her cheeks. The scene was all too familiar with her.

Quiver

Chapter 49; All Good Things Must Come To And End

The group convened in the Cortex where they immediately contacted Joe. The older man came back to S.T.A.R. Labs as fast as he could without going over the speed limit and breaking another law. After everyone was together, Cisco pulled up the video feed from Wells' cell. He made it so that they could communicate with him and vice versa.

"Well, sure, there's a bit of a risk," the evil speedster commented after they told him that they found a risk. Everyone glared at the TV in front of them - Cisco projected the video feed from the computer to the TV. 

"I would hardly refer to possibly causing an extinction-level event as 'a bit of a risk'," Professor Stein countered. 

"Yeah, and your accelerator's been about as reliable as the beater I drove in high school," commented Joe which caused Wells to chuckle.

"Let me ask you a question. How many meta-humans - how many dangers have we faced this year together? Or did you forget that was me fighting alongside each and every one of you? I have been planning this for almost two decades. It will work."

"And how do we make sure we don't open a black hole in the middle of Central City?" Charlotte asked with a deadpan expression on her face. She was getting really annoyed with hearing his voice, but she needed to make sure that Central City was safe.

"So, once the wormhole stabilizes, Barry will have one minute and fifty-two seconds to alter the past and return to this time." The group exchanged exasperated looks with one another because that was not a lot of time. "If and when he does that, you can close the wormhole, and we can all live happily ever after. Almost two minutes. More than enough time to save Nora."

"But not enough time to stop you from going home?" snapped Barry , causing Wells to raise his arms up in a large shrug. 

"Everything's a choice."

"And what if I'm late?"

"You won't be," insisted Wells. "I believe in you, Barry. Always have. So I guess the question is, do your friends and family believe in you as much as I do?" Charlotte grabbed the remote and turned off the security monitor in an aggressive manner. Barry stood up and walked into the treadmill room with Joe following behind him.

___

Ronnie and Caitlin had decided earlier that day that they were going to get married. Not knowing what the future held was terrifying for all of them, and so they came to the conclusion that Professor Stein was going to officiate their wedding. So everyone went home to put on their nicest attire.

Caitlin and Charlotte were in the restroom at S.T.A.R. Labs when everyone returned, preparing for the wedding. The two couldn't stop smiling as the blonde pinned and curled Caitlin's hair. Once the hair was finished, Charlotte moved on to makeup. It was very simple, yet elegant. Charlotte thought that it fit Caitlin very well. 

"Are you ready?" Charlotte asked as the two stood by the door together.

"I'm terrified," admitted Caitlin, linking hands with her female friend. She turned to face Charlotte with a grin. "But, it's a good terrified."

"C'mon," the blonde smirked, gently tucking on Caitlin's arms. "Let's go get you married." The two walked out of the building together, and Caitlin made her way over to where Ronnie and Professor Stein were standing as Charlotte stood next to Barry and Joe.