32.

(3.27 update: i had to change things from their conversation in the beginning to make it fit the episode. nothing else changed)

"Do you remember yesterday when you told me to follow my heart and be who I want to be with?" he nervously asked her with a shy smile.

"Yeah?"

Quiver

Chapter 32; Out of Time

Barry smiled down at Linda as they walked through the bowling alley. He was joking around with her about how bowling is a sport, and she was having a great time. Until he mentioned that he was going to go to Charlotte's house after their date. Her smile dropped at the mention of the blonde. She didn't know why she was jealous because she knew that he only thought of her as a friend.

Or at least that's what she hoped.

After their date, Linda was still in a bad mood. She couldn't shake away the jealousy when Barry talked about Charlotte. He dropped Linda off at her apartment - she didn't kiss him goodbye - and he ran off to Charlotte's house.

He knocked on her door, and she opened a few seconds later. She furrowed her eyebrows at his attire before she remembered that he was just on a date with Linda. She remembered that because he had to change the time according to the date... several times.

"Hey, Bar," she greeted, opening the door wider for him. Charlotte suddenly felt very uncomfortable in her short, athletic shorts and oversized t-shirt.

"Hey," he smiled, looking down at her. He tried not to look down at her bare legs because he already felt guilty for going over to her house after a date with his girlfriend. He knew that he shouldn't feel guilty. Charlotte was one of his friends.

She walked over towards the kitchen and opened up her freezer. She pulled out two tubs of ice cream and then went over to the silverware drawer. After grabbing two spoons, she walked into her living room where Barry was already putting in her favorite movie, Hercules. She loved that movie since it first came out, and young Charlotte aspired to be exactly like Megara.

"I have chocolate chocolate chip ice cream for you," she stated, handing him his ice cream and spoon, "and mint chocolate chip for me." She sat down on her couch and pulled her blanket over her legs.

Her eyes stayed glued to the t.v. the whole time, and it wasn't until Megara started singing 'I Won't Say (I'm In Love)' that Charlotte looked away.

How ironic, she thought, glancing over at Barry.

"What do you think of Linda?" Barry asked suddenly. Charlotte whipped her head around to face him with furrowed brows.

"Why?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "It doesn't seem like anyone likes her." Charlotte took a deep breath before glancing down at her ice cream.

"I really don't know her well enough to say anything, but she seems really sweet. I just... I don't think that she's the right one for you," she blurted out. Barry furrowed her eyebrows at her before looking down at his hands.

"Then who is?" he asked her. He hoped that she would say something about her being the right one, but he looked dejected when she shrugged her shoulders. 

"I don't know. Besides, you shouldn't care what the others think about Linda. You should follow your heart and be with who you want to be with." He stared at her for a little longer causing her face to heat up. Barry realized that he was staring and teared his eyes away from her to face the t.v.