30.

"You can be so stupid sometimes."

Quiver

Chapter 30; Fallout

As Charlotte waited in anticipation for Barry to respond back to Dr. Wells who was continuously calling out for him through the mic, her heart was beating rapidly. It was worse than all the other times that Barry hadn't responded to them because Caitlin was also there with him, and she couldn't lose two friends at the same time.

"Barry, what happened out there?" Dr. Wells demanded.

"Are you guys okay?" Cisco asked them with worry lacing his voice. Charlotte didn't blame him; she was just as nervous as he was.

"I think so," he responded after checking on Caitlin.

Charlotte let out a deep breath before she heard Caitlin say, "Oh, God. The nuclear explosion."

"There's no telling how much radiation we were exposed to," finished Charlotte with a grim look. She looked over at Cisco who looked down at the monitors.

"Wait wait, wait, wait, wait, this can't be," muttered the long-haired male. "The Geiger counter in the suit it's reading less than one millirad."

"But that's normal," Barry said.

"There's no radiation," concluded Dr. Wells. The three people in the Cortex shared a look before turning their attention back to the computers. There was a pause before Cisco asked Barry if the device worked and if they were separated. Barry said he didn't know as he moved closer to the place where 'Ronnie' was before the explosion.

Overhearing the conversation through Barry's suit, Charlotte led out a large grin as she heard both Ronnie and the Professor talking separately. Barry then announced that they were coming home. Charlotte grabbed Cisco's hand and dragged him over towards the elevator when she heard it ding. They let go when the doors opened, and the two started walking closer when they saw Ronnie walk towards them.

"Ronnie Raymond," Cisco grinned as Ronnie walked over to him. They high-fived before hugging each other. "I missed you so much, man." Ronnie looked over at his blonde friend who looked as if she were about to burst from excitement. He held his arms open, and Charlotte rushed over to him with no hesitation.

"Careful, Blondie," he chuckled as she hugged him tightly. She let go with a large smile plastered on her face. She looked over at Caitlin who was staring at Ronnie with adoration.

"I'm so glad you're back," Charlotte smiled.

"I shouldn't have locked you in there," frowned Cisco, causing Ronnie to look back over at him.

"Hey don't," he scolded.

"Welcome back, Mr. Raymond," Dr. Wells said as he wheeled over with a smile.

"Dr. Wells," Ronnie greeted. "Caitlin told me what happened to you. I'm so sorry."

"I'm responsible for putting myself in this chair. You are responsible for my still being alive - thank you."

"You said you'd bring him back, and you did," Caitlin praised Dr. Wells as she wrapped an arm around Ronnie. He did the same thing when she thanked the man in the wheelchair.

"Excuse me?" a voice interrupted causing the whole group to turn around. There stood an older man with glasses and dirties clothes. "Are we all planning to sing Kumbaya next?"

"Professor Stein, I presume," Wells guessed.

"Harrison Wells," he stated, knowing who the man was. "Do you have somewhere I can freshen up and get a change of clothes?"