26.

As she swept some hair from near her eye, a random guy in the bar took the liberty to take his hand and sweep away hair from the other side. She turned towards him, grabbed his head with one hand, and slammed him towards the ground.

Quiver

Chapter 26; Crazy for You

"Dude, that was insane," Cisco chuckled as he cleaned Barry's suit. He had come back from rescuing two people from a car that exploded the second that Barry grabbed the woman inside. "I mean, even I'm having a hard time getting mad at you for dirtying up my suit."

"Okay, when are we going to start considering it my suit?" Barry asked him. Charlotte turned in her swivel chair to face Cisco with a small grin together.

"I'd be comfortable calling it our suit," he replied causing Charlotte's grin to widen.

"'Our suit'," Barry repeated with a small smile.

"Tonight was the fastest you've ever run," Caitlin recalled, walking into the room from her lab.

"Yes, your training is paying off," Wells told him. "That couple is alive tonight because of you."

"I can still get faster," proclaimed Barry. "I know I can."

"And you will one day, I'm sure. But for today, I'd say you've fulfilled your save quota. Proper rest is what you need, as do we all."

"Better yet, what we all need is a proper drink," Cisco proposed. "Who's up for a round?"

"Oh, dude, it's - it's movie night with Joe. I can't. But I'll see you guys tomorrow, all right?

"Bye," Charlotte said over her shoulder.

"Night."

"What about you two?" Cisco asked, turning to the two females. "Drinks on me?"

"I think I'll pass," Caitlin told him as she dug through her purse.

"Are you okay?" Charlotte asked. She raised her eyebrow when Caitlin hesitated to answer her. Caitlin looked over at Cisco and inhaled.

"I was looking for my tablet at your workstation, and I found this." Caitlin grabbed a tablet and lifted it up to show the two of them. Charlotte looked closer at the article and saw that it was about F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M.

"I can explain," Cisco said, walking towards Caitlin. "I know you said we should stop looking for Ronnie, so I didn't stop looking for Ronnie."

"Why?" the brunette asked.

"Hartley. He said he knew what happened to Ronnie."

"Oh, Hartley Rathaway, who is currently locked up in our super-villain basement jail for going psycho with sound waves?" Charlotte asked, putting a hand on her hip. She jutted out her hip and glared at Cisco who shrunk under her harsh gaze.

"Yeah," he muttered. "He's made some poor choices. There's no argument there. But I looked into what he was saying and -"

"Cisco," Caitlin interrupted. "Ronnie's gone, and it's time for me to move on with my life." She grabbed her purse and started walking out.

"Doesn't seem like it," he called out after her. Charlotte turned to look at him with her eyebrows furrowed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Caitlin asked after she turned back around.

"Look, I'm not an expert on love, but I think in order to move on from Ronnie, you actually have to move on."

"Cisco..." Charlotte groaned when he turned around to finish cleaning his suit. She pinched the bridge of her nose - carefully, seeing as it was still bruised from Hartley - let out a deep sigh. "I don't understand him sometimes."