47.

"You know the difference between right and wrong. And you weren't willing to blur the lines between the two."

Quiver

Chapter 47; A Failed Mission

"Please tell me this is a joke," Charlotte stated as she stood across from Leonard Snart and his sister Lisa. Barry had come back after destroying every piece of evidence the C.C.P.D. had on Snart, but came back with a surprise. Lisa was going to be working with them too, and the blonde was not happy. Cisco, Caitlin, Joe, and her were all facing Lisa, Snart, and Barry who were directly across from the four.

"There is no way that we are working with them," Caitlin frowned with her arms crossed. Lisa put on a fake pout.

"Oh, you were right, Lenny. She is very uptight," she said, looking at Caitlin whose face turned sour.

"I am not uptight," snapped Caitlin. She glanced around at the others' expressions before changing her previous statement. "You can't call me uptight." Lisa raised her eyebrows in amusement.

"Look, guys," Barry started with a sigh, "we need their help if we're going to pull this off."

"Why are you wearing your mask?" Caitlin questioned him. "Snart already knows who you are."

"And I promised I wouldn't tell anyone. That includes my sister," Snart announced. Charlotte clenched her jaw. His monologue-esque voice irked her to no end.

"Jerk," she insulted before he shot back, "Trainwreck."

"Don't look so surprised, Detective," Snart told Joe. "I am a man of my word."

"You better be," glowered Joe, his arms crossed as well. "Or I'm going to make sure you're on that damn plane, too." The group separated into different areas of the Cortex. Charlotte followed Barry over towards the monitor station. Lisa moved over towards Cisco, and Charlotte blocked out their conversation to have one of her own with the man in red.

"I don't like this," she commented, not removing her eyes off of Captain Cold. Barry turned to face her. She couldn't really read his facial expression with the cowl pulled over his head, but she did notice the slight frown on his lips.

"I know you don't, but what other choice do we have?" he asked. "We need their help to save the metas."

"Do we?" She snapped her head up to look at his face fully. "How do we even know what the device will do? What if this plan fails? We don't know what's going on. How can you be so sure that everything will turn out in our favor?"

Barry continued frowning at the blonde in front of him as she continued, "Look, I'm just trying to be realistic. I don't want to offend you, but this plan is insane."

"You kissed her?" Caitlin shouted gaining Charlotte and Barry's attention. Caitlin's gaze was on Cisco and Lisa, and Charlotte's face scrunched in disgust and confusion.

"You did what?"

"Under duress," he reassured the two females, not removing eye contact with Lisa. "Calm down." Lisa moved closer to Cisco and muttered some words to him that Charlotte couldn't hear. As she walked away, Cisco inhaled deeply.

"Really not enjoying being one of the good guys this week. Really not." Barry walked over to Cisco with Charlotte in tail.

"Hey, dude. Have you figured out a way to get the meta-humans to the airport?" Barry asked him.

"I have, actually." He turned to face the two with a dorky grin on his face. "And it's pretty dope."

The whole group moved down into the parking garage of S.T.A.R. Labs where there was a large truck waiting there with the back door open. Charlotte stepped inside as Cisco and Joe walked around the truck. Snart followed in after Charlotte while the others waited by the back door.