27.

"I hope next time I see you, it'll be under better circumstances."

Quiver

Chapter 27; Some People Are Worth Being Crazy For

Charlotte arrived at her house, and she wanted to punch something - or someone. She didn't want to get drunk, but Barry let her and Caitlin both go way over their drinking limit.

"Some hero," she muttered as she walked into her kitchen. As she pondered on the thought of hitting Barry, she remembered that he was with a girl at the bar. Ideas started circulating in her head until she was left with one thought that she didn't like. Barry and the girl from the bar going on a date. She didn't know she was so repulsed by the idea of Barry going out with someone so she disregarded it. Charlotte knew that there was no possible way that she could be jealous - right?

She grabbed pain killers and a glass of water for the morning before marching upstairs to her bedroom. She slammed her door open and then flinched at the loud sound that her door made. Charlotte ripped her grey dress off, along with the rest of her clothes, before sliding on one of Tommy's old t-shirts that he used to wear as a lounging shirt. She smiled slightly at it before crawling under her covers and falling asleep.

Charlotte woke up the next morning and was automatically reminded of how Barry failed at keeping her and Caitlin from getting drunk. She slowly crawled out of her bed and praised herself for putting out pain killers and water the previous night. After she took the medication and drank all of her water, she decided that she should probably get ready for work at S.T.A.R. Labs.

She changed into a light blue button up shirt with black cropped pants. She paired it with black pumps and a black blazer. Charlotte added makeup to her face in order for her to not scare anyone on her way to work from the raging bags under her eyes.

She arrived earlier at work than what she anticipated and was greeted by a cheerful Barry who held two coffees with one in each hand. He handed her a cup when she stepped out of the elevator, and she hummed with happiness as she grabbed the warm drink. She took a sip and closed her eyes in satisfaction.

"Thank you," she told him.

"It's the least I could do after letting you get drunk," he smiled earning a glare from the blonde. She punched his shoulder as hard as she could. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"For not stopping me," she exclaimed with a tone that was too loud for her, but she didn't care. "Besides, you'll heal."

"Just because I heal fast doesn't mean that you should treat me like a human punching bag!"

"Well, just because I shouldn't, doesn't mean that I can't," she grinned largely, earning a smile from the lanky brunet. She took another sip of coffee as the two of them silently stood there.

"What happened last night?" he asked her, his green eyes sparkling with wonder. After the blonde raised an eyebrow at him, he clarified. "You just left with no explanation."

"I told you a while ago, I'm an angry drunk. I probably punched someone and decided to go home before I hurt anyone else. I don't completely remember. My memory is hazy." Barry nodded her head before she looked up at him. "But, I do remember that you were talking to some chick at the bar. Did you get her name?"

"Yeah, her name's Linda. She gave me her number, too." Charlotte didn't know why, but she was suddenly angry again. She inhaled sharply at his comment and pursed her lips. She didn't understand why she acted that way seeing as her and Barry were only friends, and she didn't have any romantic feelings towards the speedster.