02.

"What are you going to do? Put an arrow through him?"

Quiver

Chapter 2; Secrets

Back at the Queen Manor, I changed into a long, white dress with a slit down the side. I put my hair into a braided bun and put on red lipstick before walking into Thea's room to help her get ready. Once all of the Queens were ready, we all walked down the stairs together where Felicity was waiting at the bottom.

"Hey," Oliver said. "How's everything going in there?"

"Good evening, Queens. May I have a word?" Felicity asked Oliver. Thea, Mom, and I walked into the other room where there were barely any guests.

"I guess these days, I only draw a crowd when I'm on trial for murder," Mom said, with a hint of sadness.

"Mom, you don't have to-"

"We have guests," she cut Thea off. "However few of them there are." She walked into the room and started greeting people. I looked over at Oliver who had a look of guilt on his face.

"This is not your fault, Ollie," I said, putting a hand on his shoulder, ignoring the anger that I still had for him. Thea walked over in the direction of Roy and Oliver walked in another direction so I was left by myself. I looked around and when I spotted Felicity, I walked over towards her.

"Is it bad that I'm still angry with Oliver?" she asked me as we started walking towards him.

"No, not at all. I'm always angry with him."

"Time for a dance?" Oliver asked, looking at Felicity.

"Not really feeling like dancing with you, Oliver."

"I know. That's why I called him." Felicity and I turned around and saw Barry standing there in a suit. "FYI, they will card him at the bar." And with that, Oliver walked away.

"Excuse me." I walked away from the two of them, not wanting to third wheel, and went over towards the bar where I ordered a water because I didn't feel like getting drunk at a gala.

"Why are you sitting here all alone, Charlie?" I turned around and saw Thea. I smiled and looked down at my feet as she smirked at me. She sat down and also ordered a water, knowing that I was going to scold her if she ordered alcohol.

"Well, seeing as you left me for Roy, Mom is socializing, and Oliver is talking to Isabelle, I feel like being alone was my only option."

Once the party ended, Oliver, Thea, and I went looking for our mom. Thea was still wearing her party outfit, I had taken off my heels and put my hair down, and Oliver's tie was undone.

"He said to tell you that your information was gratefully accepted," a man's voice was heard.

"Thank you," Mom responded. The three of us walked into the room and stopped in front of her.

"Who was that?" Oliver asked.

"Nothing to worry about," our mother responded quickly, making me narrow my eyes at her. "Thank you for tonight, Oliver. It was a lovely party."

"I'm so sorry that I put you through that."

"Oh, listen. I don't care what anyone else in this city thinks of me. I only care what you three think." Just then, Oliver's phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Felicity.

"And, I've got to get back to the office," Oliver said. "Charlie, can you come with?"

"Yeah, sure."