42.

Charlotte, who had a frown etched on her face, stood away from the group. 

Quiver

Chapter 42; The Trap

"'Flash missing. Vanishes in crisis'," Cisco read the title out loud. The four stared at the hologram of the newspaper in shock. They all started slowly walking towards it as Barry continued reading.

"'After an epic street battle with the Reverse-Flash, our city's very own Scarlet Speedster disappeared in an explosion of light.'" Charlotte let out a shaky breath as she continued reading but in her head. 

"Barry, look at the date," Caitlin pointed out.

"April 25th, 2024," he announced to the group. "Guys, when I fought the Reverse-Flash at Christmas, he said that we'd be fighting for centuries."

"Wait, you can't really think that this is from the future," Caitlin spoke with skepticism. 

"That would means Dr. Wells, or whoever he is, is also..." he trailed off before Barry cut in.

"- from the future." Charlotte shook her head in disbelief. The situation that they were in was way too much for her to handle at that moment.

"I have to say, I'm really digging the brighter red suit. And the white on the symbol? That's dope. Wait a second." Everyone turned to Cisco. "Suppose we now change the color on your suit. Will it be because we got the idea from this picture? That would mean we're living in a causal nexus. This... wow. This is so trippy. Like, Marty and the Polaroid trippy."

"Oh, my God," Charlotte whispered as she read who wrote the article. Her blood boiled at the name. "Evan Gibson." Barry turned his head sharply towards her after hearing that man's name slip from her lips. 

"What?"

"Evan wrote this article," she stated. Caitlin's jaw dropped after she read a few more paragraphs in the article.

"You know what's even more trippy than Marty?" she asked, causing the other group members to look at her. "The lead detective." Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows as she read on. She glanced over names in the article such as 'Green Arrow', 'The Atom', and 'Hawkgirl' before noticing her name near Joe's - who was the C.C.P.D.'s chief. 

"Charlotte Allen," Barry whispered, glancing over at the blonde who was frowning. As much as she loved the idea of being married to Barry, she didn't want it to be true. She didn't want her future to be written for her, and she especially didn't want to know about it ahead of time. Now she knew that her and Barry were going to marry, and it ruined the surprise of it all.

She was very disappointed, and her face showed it. Barry took it the wrong way and assumed that she didn't want to marry or even be with him. He frowned at her reaction. 

"Mazel tov?" Cisco said, noticing their reactions. It was a very awkward moment for everyone in that room. Before anyone could say anything, another voice spoke from inside the room.

"Hebrew," it said before Caitlin gasped. The four jumped and glanced around to see if they could find whoever spoke. The newspaper hologram was taken down as they all turned away from it. "Ancient language of the Jewish people."

"What the hell was that?" Charlotte asked even though she knew that no one else knew.

"Is someone here? Hello?" Barry called out which Charlotte thought was a stupid idea. She couldn't help but wonder what they would do if they were caught in that room. The Reverse-Flash already proved that he is better at fighting than Barry, and she couldn't fight anyone with super speed. They were going to die.