15.

Quiver

Chapter 15; Super Sonic Punch

I quickly ran out to my car, and hopped inside. I raced off to where Barry was, not caring about the speed limit. Once I reached the building, I swiftly turned off my car, and ran inside, almost tripping over my feet.

"Barry!" I called out, not knowing if he'd respond. This reminded me of when I first met Barry, and it was Oliver who was in a warehouse, unconscious and dying. I shook the thoughts away when I called out his name once again.

"Barry, where are you?" Cisco called from behind me. A few seconds later, I heard Cisco shout, "Charlie, over here!" I ran over to where Cisco and Caitlin were. They were huddled around Barry who was underneath a shelf.

"Barry? Please say something," Caitlin demanded as I ran closer. "Say something so we know you're okay."

Cisco pulled him out before he managed to say, "Ow."

"Get him out of there!" I went over to the shelf and lifted it up--it's heavier than it looks--and Cisco pulled Barry out from underneath.

When we reached S.T.A.R. labs, Barry was nearly healed, but he was still very bruised and bloody. I stood off to the side, crossing my arms in annoyance, as Caitlin was fixing him in the medical area.

"What were you thinking? What were you thinking?" Dr. Wells shouted. "I told you that we would figure out a way to deal with him."

"I'll heal," Barry responded.

"You can't heal when you're dead. He could've killed you." Dr. Wells started to leave when Barry stood up, clearly frustrated.

"I know, all right? I know! In the past 36 hours I've had my ass handed to me twice by the guy that tortured me as a kid. I couldn't stop him then, and I can't stop him now! Even with my powers I'm still powerless against him."

"Not necessarily," Wells said. "Cisco? Any material, if struck at a high enough velocity can be compromised."

"We ran an analysis on the metal in Tony's footprint. Based on its density and atomic structure, if you impact it at just the right angle, at just the right speed, you could do some serious damage."

"How fast would I have to go?"

Factoring in the metal's tensile strength, estimated dermal thickness, atmospheric pressure, air temp, you'd have to hit him at approximately Mach 1.1," Cisco said, after making the calculations on the computer.

"You want Barry to hit something at eight hundred miles per hour?" I asked.

"Eight hundred and thirty seven, actually," Cisco corrected.

"That's faster than the speed of sound," Caitlin said, her temper rising.

"I know. He would create a sonic boom, which, as I've said before, would be awesome."

"I've never gone that fast," Barry pointed out.

"Yet," added Dr. Wells.

"I can't believe we're actually entertaining this idea," Caitlin exclaimed. "I mean, he'd need a straight shot from miles away."

"Yeah, 5.3 miles, theoretically."

"Do it right, you'll take him down."

"Do it wrong, you'll shatter every bone in your body." Uncrossing my arms, I walked out of the Cortex with the clicking of my heels being the only sound in the building. Soon enough, there were footsteps behind me and I turned around to see Barry.