Chapter 5

"Why don't you come here..~?"

~

     The immediate thud of his body against the concrete jerked Kuro from his sleep. Still dazed from the rude awakening, he found himself on a sidewalk not too far away from the apartment complex.  (Y/n) was no where to be found.
     Kuro took his human form and stood alone on the street. He looked all around him for any traces of the girl but there was nothing. 'Did she ditch me..? What time is it anyways..? Maybe-'

     "KURO..!" A distressed voice shouted from not too far away.

     The vampire's eyes shot open and he turned towards the direction of the scream. Something was wrong. Without any thought other than that he darted in the direction of the voice.
     There wasn't another scream to help guide him, so he relied on small sounds to find her trail. It lead him to an alleyway close by, and he rushed down it. He turned the corner and there she was, but getting her wasn't going to be easy.

     The one that had attacked (y/n).. was a vampire. He stood attempting to keep her under control in the alleyway. Her clothes were torn and she had visible cuts indicating a struggle.
     "Hush, don't worry~ you're safe, I'm just looking for a bite~" the attacker cooed in an evil tone. He held her still with one arm and kept his hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming again.
     She moved as much as was physically possible but nothing would free her from the vampire's grasp. She tried her hardest to keep from panicking but she could feel tears trying to form. She was near her limit but as soon as she would have reached it Kuro had appeared in the alleyway.
     "Ku- mmph.!"
     He stood with wide eyes at the far end of the alley. He was nearly frozen not knowing what to do but then he saw something that brought him to his senses. It was her expression. Those eyes, that face. It was the same expression from that night, the night he first met her. The one that started this entire mess in the first place. He never wanted to see this expression again.
     He glared at the vampire that held (y/n) captive.
     The other vampire smirked at kuro evilly once he saw the look on his face, "sorry fella, She's taken.."
     Kuro felt several emotions build up inside of him. Anger, fear, disgust. He had limited options, and he never thought he'd ever choose this one.

     "You're so troublesome I could just die..." he mumbled.
     The other vampire laughed and held a hand to his ear, "what's tha- ugh!"
     His foolishness was interrupted by Kuro, who had successfully landed a kick in the vampire's neck sending him flying. (Y/n) would've fallen if it weren't for Kuro being there to help her up. He quickly grabbed her wrist and ran, pulling her along to get out of the alley.
     Nearly at the end of the alleyway Kuro looked back towards the girl to make sure she was okay, slowing him down slightly. This gave enough time for retaliation.
     "Hey! That one's mine!" The devilish vampire yelled as he landed an attack knocking down both the boy and the girl.
     (Y/n) watched in shock as Kuro kicked him off and stood ready to attack again. Her body ached and her breathing was heavy. When she looked up again she saw that the two were fighting, Kuro taking many hits. It wasn't long until he was knocked down next to where she sat.
     He was hurt. She also had injuries but seeing Kuro like this was worse than physical pain. She watched him bring himself to his feet, wincing slightly at his injuries. The other vampire's injuries were minor, as if Kuro wasn't really doing anything. 'He's not even attacking, what is he doing?' She thought. She needed to help him before things got worse but what could she do? She couldn't sit there and do nothing, but she couldn't do anything. How was she supposed to help him?

     'Vampires receive their power from blood...'

     Blood, that was it. The one thing she could do in this situation. She placed a hand against the floor to help push herself into a standing position, looking up to the vampire in front of her.
     "Kuro!" She yelled out, gaining his focus.
     He had only a moment to process what was happening before he found that (y/n) had forced her wrist to his mouth, his fangs piercing her skin.
     It was done, the contract was and their fate was sealed. Kuro's hands transformed into huge claws on energy and he stood beside the girl. 'I can't believe it's come to this... but whatever I do isn't my fault'

     "So what are we going to do?" He asked tiredly.
     His question was met with a confused expression, "what? Why are you asking m-"
     "You're the eve, you make the decisions. I'm your responsibility now" he huffed.
     With this comment she remembered what he had told her about a vampire contract. She had to decide his actions, but with everything going on she couldn't get her mind to focus.
     The other vampire went in for another attack causing the girl to panic and blurt out the first words to come into her head, "just stop him!"
     Kuro sighed and countered the vampire's attack with his weapon, slashing through him easily. The vampire fell to the ground immediately, landing in front of (y/n). His body laid there only for a moment, before there was nothing but ash floating in the air.

     (Y/n) stood speechless, her hand cupped over her mouth as if to hold something in. She couldn't decide whether she was terrified or relieved.
     "Oh my god..." she breathed out, her voice muffled by her hands.
     After a second, Kuro finally realized her state. He approached her with a worried face, "hey-"
     "No, stop" she interrupted and swatted him away. She found herself backing into a wall. "J-Just... give me a second..."
     The vampire sighed and stepped back from her, turning the other way as if seeing her the way she was would hurt him.
     Now that everything had stopped (y/n) could feel that something wasn't right inside of her. She was breathing heavily. Her body felt weak and her skin paled. She knew on the inside what was happening to her but in this state she wouldn't be able to express it. She was on the verge of a panic attack and wanted nothing more but to hide it but he body wouldn't easily let her. Slowly, she slid herself down the wall to sit leaning against it. She finally brought her gaze from the spot where her attacker had disappeared, and up to where Kuro stood.
     "I-I .. we.. killed someone.." she stuttered.
     Kuro felt a pit inside of him as he heard the girl's shock.
     "O-oh my god.." she whispered as she bent forwards to cover her eyes with her hands. She was shaking, she didn't understand why she couldn't get herself to stop.
'This is my fault...' Kuro thought. 'No.. she told me to stop him... she told me..' he couldn't let himself take the blame for this. "You... said to stop him.." Kuro mumbled.
     He stood waiting for some sort of reply but to no avail. The girl wasn't capable of speaking in her state. She sat on the cold ground holding her head in her hands, it felt like her blood was freezing although her skin was on fire. She felt sick to her stomach and short of breath. She attempted to slow her breathing although nothing was working.
     The vampire felt awful. He couldn't face the girl, thinking she would come to hate him. But he had to do something, say something. He knew she wasn't going to. He listened to her behind him. Her breath, the slight sounds she'd make. She sounded so shaken up, and he hated himself for it.

     "..ku-ro.." she mumbled. It was her only possible plea for help.
     Her tone managed to snap him out of his thoughts and turn around to face her. As if he were acting on impulse he rushed over to the girl, kneeling by her side.
     "(Y/n)..." he mumbled. He watched her with wide eyes seeing that her chest  was unable to rise and fall normally. He didn't know what was happening to her, he had never seen it before.
      The girl held her head in her hands. She felt like she couldn't breath yet she tried to get herself to slow down. "I-.. I can't-" She stuttered
     Kuro looked at her worriedly as she fumbled to stay calm. He needed to get her home. The vampire let a soft sigh escape his lips before bringing his arms around the girl. He lifted her trembling figure with no opposition from the girl, and began to walk home. (Y/n) had already allowed reality to get away from her and never took notice to the vampire's actions. Not more than a few moments after, she had found that a peaceful darkness was consuming her.