Chapter 14

Kuro awoke from a long slumber with a tired yawn. He realized he was still in his cat form and changed back to his human one with a sigh. The vampire groaned and rubbed his shoulders that had grown stiff from sleeping as a cat. He stood up groggily from the couch.
Now that he was fully awake the found the apartment to be much quieter than usual. He checked the time seeing that it was a little past eight, (y/n) should've been up by now. Kuro looked around with a yawn before heading into the other room.

There weren't many places in the apartment to begin with, so when Kuro found that (y/n) wasn't in the bedroom he grew slightly concerned. He checked around more only causing his concern to grow as the girl was nowhere to be found. Kuro stood feeling a sense of anxiety rush over him.
'Did she not make it back..?' He thought, his feet carrying him to the front door. He opened it without hesitation to look for her, only for the sun to force him into his other form. The unexpected change nearly startled him, but he was quickly distracted by an envelope that seemed to have fallen from the doorframe. He didn't even have to read to know where it had come from, wax seal it carried was unmistakable. But his heart sank at the thought of it. After all those years they had confronted him again? He wanted more than anything to ignore them, but with (y/n) gone and the organization's sudden contact, he knew she was there. And she was in danger.

~
~xx:xx~

The streets were cold. (Y/n) walked near her building making sure not to go too far off, although she wished she could've. She held a familiar silver object between her fingers, gazing down at it longingly, but not doing any more than that. She took slow deep breaths to calm herself as she needed, and just let her feet take her wherever they wanted to.
She kept her gaze down as she walked, that is, until she found herself running into something.
"Pardon me." A man's voice rang above her.
Great. That something was a someone, again.
"Ah, I'm sorry.. I wasn't-"
"Don't fret, (y/n)"
She looked up to him with a shocked face. "How do you.. know my name.?" She asked in a stand-off way.
"Oh my apologies, I work for a research organization on a somewhat.. secretive, field. I'm actually glad I ran into you, you are the eve of sloth yes?"
"..yes..?" She hesitated.
"I'm sorry if this seems unusual. It's just my job to keep track of these vampire's and their affiliations... if you don't mind, would you come with me to the facility for a short while? It would help with.. Our research."
"Yeah, no" The girl said bluntly as she stepped away. "I'm not going with some stranger anywhere especially not in the middle of the night without Kuro."

The area grew dark and harder to visualize. The man spoke to her, and she spoke back but there was no longer a comprehensible sound. It seemed as if reality was melting away into darkness.
"I'd hate to use force, but I'm afraid there are no other options..."

(Y/n) gasped and sat up quickly. Everything came to the girl all at once in a huge blur. It was hard to comprehend anything, the lights were bright and the only sound available was one of an overused air conditioner. 'That.. wasn't a nightmare was it..?' She thought as she attempted to survey her surroundings. She lay on an unfamiliar couch in a room she had never seen before. Before she could take in more she was met with a splitting migraine and a sick feeling in her stomach. 'God... what did I get into..?'

"Awake i see?" A man's voice called, presumably the same from the last time she was conscious.
(Y/n) didn't bother responding, her headache was causing her some major discomfort.
The man noticed her state and slowed his pace a little, "You're already showing side affects. My apologies, I might be able to get-"
"I don't want anything... not from you." She interrupted and let out an uncomfortable sigh. "where am I..?"
"You're in our headquarters, we needed the eve of sloth, you, for some-"
"I don't care about that part, I'm not helping a kidnapper with anything.. where's Kuro??" She stopped him again. With her current pain her mind was going through worst case scenarios, and having Kuro near would get rid of several of them.
"That's not important." He replied, ignoring the kidnapper comment. "What's important is whether or not you cooperate right now miss (l/n)."
"Where is he?" She demanded.
The man sighed and looked down to his watch. "He's with us-"
"I want to see him" she continued to interrupt.
"That won't be allowed. Not unless you cooperate with us. All we want is your help" he said in a pleading voice.
The girl thought for a moment. She could somehow feel that there were things the man wasn't telling her, 'if Kuro's here he must've been taken too. okay think.. what do I do..? If I say yes to this guy there's a huge chance he's just lying and I won't get to see Kuro. But if he isn't I still don't know what I'll be agreeing to.. god what do I do??"
"Im not agreeing to anything without Kuro here." she said, deciding that getting the vampire back was her top priority. Kuro had already proven himself to her and she trusted him a great deal. If she were to do anything she wanted to do it with him.
Frustrated, the mad rolled his eyes and glanced down to his watch, "fine, I'll ask you to reconsider after an hour or two of.. thought." He said grimly before leaving.
'Uh.. What's that supposed to mean..?' (Y/n) worried.

~

Sure enough, the man came back after an hour, only to be denied. And sure enough he came back. Hour after hour after hour. Every question was the same, and every answer was too. She didn't want to make any kind of decisions without Kuro.
As the time progressed (y/n) began to feel worse and worse. Her headache progressed into a serious migraine, her sickness became unbearable. Her body grew heavy and she ended up laying herself back down onto the couch. Every hour it would get worse, did that man know this was going to happen? This must've been their plan for her to cooperate, but she wasn't going to give in easily.

The door opened once again, the man walked into the room. This time the girl didn't bother to look at him, she could barely keep her eyes open as she laid on the couch facing away from him. She heard him sigh before hearing the door open and close again. She strained to hear a conversation happening outside of her room.

"She's becoming unresponsive.. are we going to-?"
"No, this facility will not take any human casualties. Even if they associate with the other kind"
"Then what do we do? Our rooms are full and-" she couldn't hear the rest the sentence.
"The other one has been cooperative, we can-"
The girl groaned as her headache severely worsened, pulling her concentration from the conversation happening outside. She was immobilized by her worsening condition, who knows how much longer she could withstand this sense of torture.

~

Kuro sat in the cold cell-like room alone. Worry had set itself into his mind as he couldn't stop thinking about (y/n). All of his emotions were unconsciously focused on the girl, and although it was something he never experienced before, it seemed necessary.
Kuro's attention was drawn to the sound of the door opening in the room. One of the stronger men walked in shutting the door behind him and walking over to the vampire.
Kuro shot daggers at the man. His gaze followed the man to his stopping point just a few feet from him.
"You look worried" the man said.
Kuro glanced to the side.
The man sighed but pulled a smirk at the same time, "it's been a while since you've seen you eve yes? Almost a day?"
Kuro mentally sighed but showed no outside emotion.
"If it were up to me I'd let her die, but.. boss wants her alive."
The man's statements forced Kuro to lock eyes with him. What were they planning on doing?
"So, we're going to need your cooperation.. you'll work with us, right?" He asked in a grim tone.
The vampire sighed and gave a single nod. He had no other choice, (y/n)'s life was at stake.
"Great!" The man exclaimed. He snapped his fingers summoning a set of black restraints which planted themselves on the vampire. "C'mon. Time's a'ticking" he said gesturing towards the exit as he took a stride towards the door.