Chapter 26

After a short while, (y/n)'s sobs died down. She stayed in Kuro's embrace letting him comfort her. The air grew peaceful as the girl began to calm. The vampire's slow breathing and the warmth he gave numbed the girl's mind and pulled her into a state of tranquility.
(Y/n) wanted to stay like this forever, she didn't want it to end. However, she knew how unreasonable the idea sounded, moment would have to end sooner or later. She sighed, her breath still shaky, and stepped back from the vampire. He watched intently as she turned away slightly to dry her eyes. He once again caught sight of the marks she had made across her skin.
"(y/n)..." his low voice slowly rang.
She glanced to him seeing what he was looking at, her shoulders fell slightly when she saw how discouraged he was.
She felt so ashamed for hurting herself, especially now that Kuro knew about it. She couldn't find the strength to face him.
"Look at me, (y/n)."
She didn't move. Kuro sighed and brought his hand to her cheek, making her face him.
"You can't do this anymore..." he demanded, looking down to her arms.
Her eyes fell once he spoke. He was right, but she knew she didn't have to power to stop herself from doing it again when the time came.
"..Okay?" He said, wanting her to agree.
She felt a lump in her throat keeping her silent. She could feel tears stinging in her eyes again. She pulled away from him and nodded just to get off the topic. The girl quickly wiped away a tear that had fallen and blinked away the rest before taking in another shaky breath.
"I'm gonna go.. get the first aid, I guess..." She mumbled, not wanting to stay in the painful atmosphere that had engulfed her room. She exited and stepped into the kitchen looking through the cabinets for the first aid kit.

Kuro gave her a few moments to herself before following her out. She was standing at the counter, one arm resting on top while the other ran a white cloth over it. He stood behind her before gently wrapping his arms around her waist and leaning forward slightly. She stiffened for a moment before relaxing once more with a sigh.
Kuro watched the girl tend to her wounds from over her shoulder. He wasn't entirely sure what she was doing because he didn't really pay attention to medical things, especially since he never needed them.
"What are you doing..?" He asked in a more tired tone now that there wasn't as much to worry about.
He felt the girl tense slightly as she rubbed over one of the cuts with the cloth. "This cleans it so it doesn't get any worse" she said as she continued the action, letting out almost a relieved sigh after she stopped for moment.
Kuro rested his chin on her shoulder to watch as she continued. ".. does it hurt..?" He asked, wondering why she kept tensing up.
"A little. But it's fine..." she replied, she remembered how much worse it used to be but by now she must've been more used to it.
He looked more closely at the marks on her arms. Her left looked a lot worse than her right. Her skin was reddened and it honestly just looked painful. He held a saddened expression and his gaze was locked in place. He brought one of his hands up to the counter and carefully led his fingers down the side of her arm making sure not to hurt her.
She sighed as she looked at her arm, not minding Kuro at all. It seemed that her left arm was worse. She had cleaned the right one and left it to air out but the cuts on her other arm wouldn't close up.
"..damn..." she said under her breath as she leaned over to reach for the bandages in the first aid kit.
Kuro watched as she unraveled the roll of Bandages and tried to hold the end under her arm. He let his arms fall away from her waist and moved beside her taking the roll from her hand.
"I-" she started as the vampire took the bandages away from her. She looked up seeing his hand waiting for her. She watched it for a moment hesitant to react but let out a sigh knowing he was just wanting to help.
"..thank you..." she said quietly as she lifted her arm up to his hand.
He hummed taking her wrist and wrapping her arm gently. The girl bit her lip trying not to focus on how much the bandages stung. He finished up and rubbed over the end of it with his thumb. His soft touch almost made it feel a little better.
Kuro let go of her and the girl turned her arm over to examine it, he had actually done a good job. She hugged the vampire as tightly as she could without hurting herself. She remembered that he too had emotional problems but still did everything possible to take care of her, and she was overly grateful for him. (Y/n) found herself smiling just barely as she pulled away from him.
"Well.." (y/n) started. "Today was.. stressful, to put it into words.." she said rubbing the back of her neck.
"That's one way to put it.." the vampire mumbled.
"..do you wanna.. watch tv or something..?" She asked not really knowing what to do now that everything was over.
The vampire nodded and let the girl take the lead. He was tired after today and knew that if he was tired then (y/n) was even more worn out. He joined the girl on the couch with a lazy sigh. All the two needed right now was a nice time to relax, and for once, they actually got it.