Chapter 28

A few days passed, and (y/n) was back to her normal self, or what would become her 'normal' at the least. To almost anyone she looked just the same as before anything had happened, but in actuality she had gone through quite a few changes.
     The girl no longer had a weight pulling down on her shoulders. She didn't have nearly anything left to keep inside. She carried a more relaxed expression than before, and unlike the past, none of it was fake. She didn't have to put on a smile anymore, nor did she want to, she just held a normal expression of calmness.
     Unfortunately after a glimpse of 'happy (y/n)' Kuro had half-expected her to be this way all the time. He didn't yet understand that the girl really didn't feel anything unless something was happening at the time. Because of this, her neutral expression earned several 'are you okay's from the vampire and seemed to keep him mildly worried for her even though she told him she was fine.

~

     "Kuro." The girl said, snapping her fingers in front of the vampire's gaze.
     His drowsy eyes shot open as he sat up from the table where his face had been laying. 'Ah, I keep dozing off... how annoying..' he thought as he  blinked a couple of times.
     (Y/n) sat back in her chair, "you need to go take a nap, preferably not at the dinner table."
      Kuro shook his head. "I'm okay." He said. He didn't want to leave (y/n), with all the problems they had been having he was too afraid that something bad might happen.
     The girl sighed in an annoyed tone, "Kuro, you're entire existence is based off of sleep, and you're obviously not getting enough because you're always checking on me." She said. "Now I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. Go to bed. Take a nap. I'll be right out here. Okay..?" She said.
     He didn't answer her. He seemed to be dozing off already.
     The girl rolled her eyes standing up and taking kuro's hand.
     Kuro's eyes shot open once again. He stood up and with a sigh and rubbed his eyes with his free hand. He dragged himself behind her as she held onto his hand and pulled him to their room. She stopped at the door, crossing her arms and waited for him as he lazily stepped inside of the room.
     Kuro stood in the middle of the room not bothering to move on his own. The girl knew he was too lazy to do anything and it was obvious he was still against the idea of leaving (y/n) alone to take a nap, but when it came to sleep, he was weak. He had to have his sleep to be able to function, unlike her, who didn't seem to need much at all. The two were still polar opposites.

     The vampire looked up to her with tired longing eyes. For some reason he didn't want to part with her even though it was something so simple. She had told him several times that she was okay but he still couldn't seem to keep himself away from her.

     "Kuro." She said. "What's it going to take?"
     He sighed looking to the side slightly. It seemed to answer the girl's question for her.
     She sighed, "okay..." She said nudging him forwards as she went over and sat on the edge of the bed. "I guess I'll stay with you.. now c'mon, it's your turn to take a break."
     He sighed and took his cat form, crawling over her to his side of the bed. He circled around tiredly a few times before settling down and taking his other form once again. He laid facing away from her, he couldn't seem to look at the girl knowing that she had a good sense for emotion.
     (Y/n) leaned over to Kuro and ran her fingers through his hair slowly to try and get him to relax, and it seemed to work. She really knew how to work with him, and it wasn't that difficult for her either, it seemed like nearly everything about her was soothing.
     Within just minutes of relaxing, Kuro found himself nodding off once more, this time unable to overcome the tiredness he felt by the girl's soothing touch. He slowly fell asleep leaving the comforting girl by his side.

~

     The vampire took a large breath, regaining consciousness before slowly opening his eyes. He sat up with a confused gaze, did he even fall asleep? It really didn't feel like any time had passed at all, but (y/n) was gone and he wasn't tired anymore so he must've been out for quite a while.

     He stepped outside the bedroom leaning against the door to give himself some time to fully wake up. He noticed while looking around that the house seemed a lot cleaner than usual, all except for the end table that had papers spread across it with (y/n)'s computer on top. The girl laid on the couch playing games quietly on the tv with a blank expression.
     For a moment he grew concerned, but remembered the several times she had told him that she was fine, and that just because she want smiling didn't mean she was upset. He calmed knowing that he could fully understand her personality now. There was no reason for him to worry at the moment.

     Kuro walked over to her quietly, sitting on the floor in front of her to watch the tv.
     "Oh there's the sleepy kitty~" she said in a tired yet playful tone as she continued her game, "how was your nap? You slept a lot."
     "You left again.." he replied although it was still one of the best naps he had had.
     "Well yeah, I had stuff to do. This apartment doesn't stay upheld by itself.." she said pausing her game. "I also had to catch up on school work because I didn't do nearly anything for the past week and a half because of all the stuff going on with us"
     Kuro looked around at the papers on the table, "is that what all this is?"
     "Yeah" she sighed, "school sucks, I'm so glad this is my last year.."
     There was a calm silence before (y/n) looked down to her controller. She held it in one hand and held her arm out to the side of the couch offering it to Kuro. He took the controller and resumed her game on his own.
     The girl looked up to the ceiling with her natural calm expression. She was a little tired and had gotten bored of her games. She'd rather just lay there and a relax a bit with Kuro near her. She let her hand lay out near the vampire's head, absentmindedly playing with loose strands of his hair.
     "Hey.." she said, an idea popping into her mind.
     "Yeah..?"
     "Do you.. want me there when you wake up..? You don't seem to like me leaving..."
     Kuro thought for a moment, what did he want? "...I just.. like to know where you are..." he mumbled, only telling half the truth.
     "So yes." She denoted. He didn't argue meaning she was correct. (Y/n) thought for a moment to come up with some sort of plan for the both of them.
     "So what if, at night you go to bed when you're tired... and then I'll come join you a few hours later when I'm ready for bed?"
     Kuro remained silent taking this into thought. So far he didn't really like the sound of having to go to bed without (y/n).
     "That way, I don't have to leave in the middle of the night, you don't have to wake up to check on me when when I get restless, and we'll both wake up around the same time..?" She explained.

     Kuro wouldn't have to try and stay awake and (y/n) wouldn't have to force herself into regular sleeping patterns. It would pretty much fix their schedule problem. The only difficulty was the separation part of the idea. Kuro knew it wasn't that difficult of a task but still didn't like being apart, and frankly, (y/n) was starting to dislike it as well.
     It wasn't that they need affection or validation, they just enjoyed the contact. The feeling of having a living, breathing person near that was there for them, that wouldn't do anything to hurt them. It took away the horrible sense of being alone. It showed them that they had something. They had something they could hold onto and cherish, each other. But they knew it would be too much to spend every single second together. Kuro was warned by everyone, including (y/n), not to get too devoted to this intoxicating sense. He'd have to dial it down a bit, and this was one way to start. 

     ".. it's a pretty good idea." He said in agreement. It was probably the best thing they could do.
     She smiled softly at his compliment. The gesture was rare from him. "Aw, thanks.." she said, polkng fun at his kindness.
     He turned away from her slightly shy, he still wasn't used to sounding nice and she always pointed out when he did. "You're welcome.."

_________________________
Decent chapters don't exist

ugghhhh