Chapter 6

The black void of sleep began to fade from (y/n) slowly. It was soon replaced with the light buzzing sound and fuzzy vision that comes with waking from a long slumber.
Her eyes fluttered open, but quickly squinted due to the brightness coming from the window. She sat up slowly and took a look around. She was back at her apartment.
"What.. when did I..?" She mumbled, still half asleep.
The girl took another look at her surroundings, now that her vision had finally adjusted, and caught sight of a black kitten sleeping quietly at the foot of her bed. For a moment she had forgotten that it was Kuro, but after realizing, she brought her legs closer to herself so she could lean over to the small cat.
She tilted her head slightly as she watched him. 'Did he take me home..?' she thought, the contents of the night before still a little blurred. 'I guess I should let him sleep...' she continued, slowly making her way off the bed to keep from waking him.

The girl headed into the kitchen and rummaged through come cabinets before finding a small orange bottle and taking two pills from it like she did every morning. Although she wasn't much of a breakfast eater, she proceeded to make herself some toast so her stomach wouldn't be empty. After such an ordeal from last night she needed time to think about what happened. She ate at the counter while staring at the adjacent wall, trying to piece together her thoughts.

'Well... crap.' She started. 'So I guess yesterday happened... now he's my.. vampire, Cat, person..? God that's weird...' she thought, taking another bite of her poor excuse of a breakfast.
'And then.. oh wait- did I freak out in front of him???' She realized. 'Oh god I did... I can't believe I had a panic attack in front of him, how embarrassing...' (y/n) often found that her panic attacks came because of trivial things and now that she thought about it, there again was no reason for her to have lost control the way she did. If anything she made the situation worse.

The click of her bedroom door being opened caused her to look up for a moment. She turned and saw an exhausted looking Kuro walk out of the room, rubbing his eyes as if he still wasn't fully awake. He made his way silently to the side of the kitchen counter opposite to the girl, and sat down in a stool laying his head on the counter.
"..you okay?" The girl asked, leaning forward to be able to see his face.
The vampire glanced up to her slightly confused on why she would even want to talk to him after what happened yesterday.
"Are you..?" He asked in his monotonous voice.
"Oh-" The girl stuttered. She was still embarrassed about being so weak in front of him last night. "Uh, yeah I'm okay. Thanks..." she said, tucking some of her hair behind her ear.
"Do you... want something to eat..?" The girl asked.
Kuro shrugged, "I guess..."

~

(Y/n) cooked the vampire some instant ramen and ended up making some for herself as well. The two sat and ate in an awkward silence which made (y/n) a little sad. She assumed that he didn't want to talk to her after what happened yesterday. She couldn't blame him, it was her fault in the first place.
Soon, the continued silence became too much for her and although she wanted what happened yesterday to disappear off the face of the earth, she just had to break it, "look, I'm sorry for freaking out and stuff yesterday-"
Kuro looked up to her with a confused face.
"-Im usually good about keeping stuff like that under control... It might've just been lack of sleep or something..." she sighed.
He was truly confused. He almost couldn't speak. "...What?"
She looked up to him seeing that he didn't understand something, although she didn't know what. "...what?" She decided that it was his turn to talk.
"What do you mean you're sorry?"
"Oh um-" she began. 'Is he mad? I can't tell' she thought "-well you know... with the whole situation, that was kinda my fault, and having to take me home and you somehow managed to get the groceries too.. I just.. it kinda sucked that you had to deal with all that so I'm sorry." She sighed.
All he did was gaze at her with the same confusion as before. He really couldn't understand why she'd apologize. "you're not mad..?" He asked.
Now it was (y/n)'s turn to be confused. "Why would I be mad? It was my fault"
"But-.." he wanted to speak but really couldn't.
"Kuro. All you did was help me. Everything else that happened was my fault." She assured him. "And that panic attack... well, I just get those sometimes, but I usually have it covered so don't feel bad.. just ignore it okay?"
He looked shocked. He opened his mouth to say something but no words escaped.
The girl mentally sighed knowing that Kuro still wasn't letting last night go. "It's in the past" she assured.
Kuro gave only a slight nod and (y/n) left with a satisfied look before walking over to the living room leaving the vampire to finish his meal alone.

Kuro sat at the table with his half eaten food. All he could do was think over the events that had happened.
This whole thing started with him for some unknown reason feeling compelled to interact with some random human, something he should've found too troublesome to do in the first place. Now, he sat in the apartment belonging to (y/n), his new eve, who peaked his interest not only when they first met but even now.
She just seemed to be different from other humans. She didnt seem to care about much. She was forgiving and moved on from events is if nothing had happened. But he wasn't like that of course. Everything he did he had to live with, and adding her to the mix just meant more trouble.
He felt almost bad for her, he had never had an eve before but now here he was getting a good person involved with the dangers of vampires. He didn't want her to be in pain, physically or emotionally. Someone as accepting as her didn't deserve the pain that vampires brought.
He then remembered how she had been happy around him before. It was like a completely different person was there. Her smile lit up the room and her voice was warm and comforting. He couldn't understand why, but the feeling he got from seeing her like this made him want to see it more often. It made him glad he had spoken to her that day, glad that she had become his eve.