Chapter 37

A/n: This song makes me cry^^^

     "(Y/n)..?"
     Kuro turned around slowly still not hearing a response from the girl. She was frozen in place, a wave of fear and shock overcoming her as her eyes were glued to the hand she had placed on her stomach. She pulled it away slowly, it was covered in crimson red. The girl's breath hitched as she slowly raised her gaze to kuro. Her skin paled.
Kuro's eyes grew wide as he saw her. It was as if the world had stopped in its tracks. He could see the emotions trapped inside of (y/n). The look of shock on her face. The familiar sense of sorrow in her eyes. He felt as if he was frozen with her, until the girl's eyes grew dull and her knees gave way beneath her.
"(Y/n)!" He gasped, finally able to move. He ran to her and caught her in his arms, lowering her down gently to the floor when she didn't react. 'No, no no no'

     For the moments that followed the girl laid unresponsive. Her senses were numb. She could hear and see her surroundings but her mind couldn't comprehend it. Her fingers weakly traced through the crimson red dye that had begun to stain the ground beneath her. The only thing in her mind was a simple thought. 'I'm dying...' She blinked a few times before finally coming back into reality and noticing kuro above her.
"You're okay, you're okay..." he mumbled repetitively, his breaths short and unsteady.
(Y/n) watched as the vampire stuttered, "kuro..." she mumbled.
The vampire frantically tried everything in his power to get the bleeding to seize, but everything seemed to fail. (Y/n) called to him again weakly, but he was too focused on her injuries to listen. There had to be something he could do. He pressed on her wounds again to try and stop her bleeding, but she knew there wouldn't be any use.
     "Kuro, stop.." (y/n) demanded, pushing his hand away to the best of her ability.
     The vampire sat back instantly and felt his emotions begin to overcome him with the realization that there was nothing he could do. He breathed heavily, his chest tightened at the sight of her. They both knew what was going to happen, and it was unbearable for him to imagine it.
     She looked at him sympathetically, she could feel the sorrow coming from him. "It's okay.." she whispered. She didn't want to see him hurt.
     She watched as tears glazed over his eyes and reached her arms out towards him. He immediately lifted her into an embrace.

     (Y/n) patted his back weakly, "you have to be strong..." she whispered.
     "No.." he mumbled. "I'm not- I can't...." his breath hitched as he let silent tears roll down his cheeks.
     "I know you can.." she said. ".So don't... cry.." she let go of him and took in a shaky breath as he held her in his arms. She watched him sniffle and try and control his breathing a bit; she raised her hand to his face wiping away his tears with her thumb. He held her hand in his against his cheek, feeling her cold touch. He looked down to her solemnly.
     "(Y/n)..." he called sadly.
     She pulled on a genuine smile for him one last time as she traced her thumb across his cheek. "You've made my life worth it..." she hummed, tears leaving her eyes as she spoke.
     Kuro closed his eyes and nuzzled his face into her hand keeping her close. He held his breath as if to stop time from progressing.

How could this happen? Things had finally turned around for them. They were finally at peace and right when everything seemed like it was going right, the world had to take it away from them. It's just how things worked. Happiness never lasted long with sorrow trailing behind. The world brings peace and prosperity, and then by any chance it takes it away.

Kuro took a deep breath to calm himself as he held (y/n)'s hand close. His eyes tightly shut to block out the pain in front of him.
(Y/n)'s vision began to fade once again as her senses were slipping away from her. Her breathing became weaker and weaker by the second, but in these dull senses and weakness came a brief sensation of bliss. Her troubles faded away from her as she caressed kuro's cheek again.
     "... i love you..." she sighed looking up to him for the last time.
     He took a deep breath and nodded, "I love you too..."
     For a moment there was silence, there was peace. Then kuro felt as (y/n)'s hand grew heavier, her breathing grew silent. He opened his eyes, "no.."
     He let go of her hand and pulled the girl into an embrace, but she didn't return it. "No, (y/n) please...." he mumbled. He held her tightly but with no response, she was gone. "..please...." he cried one last time.

     This was his fault. It was all his fault. If he had been stronger, if he had been there for her more, if he had been better she'd be alive. But she wasn't... he couldn't keep her safe, he couldn't protect her like he had said he would. He was the one to blame.
     He cursed at himself as he cried. His body shaking from all the emotion surging through him. He felt sick to his stomach as hindered of thoughts raced through his mind. He wouldn't be able to be with (y/n) anymore. He couldn't lay with her, or play video games, or see her smile. His body felt tight, and he couldn't bring himself to let the girl out of his embrace. He'd never be able to let her go. Even though he knew of the consequences he had chosen to love her, and when the time came to part he couldn't bring himself to do it. He couldn't leave her. He couldn't live without her.
     This couldn't be it. After all they had been through he couldn't let this break them down. (Y/n) deserved so much better, she deserved to be able to live her life happily. Kuro couldn't let this be the end.
     One thought brought itself into his mind. It was his only option. He slowly set (y/n) down and looked at her with despair in his eyes. He bit down on his wrist letting his fangs tear through his own skin to draw blood. He held his bleeding arm close to him for a moment. Was this even going to work? He had no idea and the thought of losing her came through his mind again. He took a deep breath and sighed, his hands still trembling. ".please..." he mumbled.