Chapter 8

His eyes opened ever so slowly. His drowsiness was more apparent than usual, indicating that he had over slept.
The girl was sat on the couch. Her eyes lifted up from her computer slightly at the sound of Kuro's movement. "Wow... you actually woke up." (y/n) said in a blunt sarcastic tone. "It's almost night, you've wasted the day, sloth." She said scanning her computer screen again.
Still half asleep the vampire took his human form and looked over his shoulder to where (y/n) sat. She looked as if she was reading something, the light from the computer gave a light blue glow to her skin. Something made him feel off about it, especially with what she had said. '..did she just call me.. sloth..?'
He felt a certain energy fill him as he hesitated to investigate the matter.
"(Y/n)..?"
"Yeah?"
"... why did you call me that.?" He asked monotonously. He hoped to god she wasn't doing anything troublesome.
"What..?" She thought before being able to recall, "Oh-sloth?"
He nodded slowly.
"Oh uh, I was just looking at a few things online and I got a bit curious.. I know you're not much of a talker so I thought I'd look you up." She replied not bothering to look up from her screen. "I'm surprised, there's not much aside from this one website from some organization..."
'Damnit (y/n)... this going to be such a pain...' Kuro thought as he pried himself off the floor. Just as he suspected, the girl had gotten into something he wanted to remain apart from. He stood and walked over to where the girl sat. She was oblivious to his actions, distracted by the words on her screen.
The tired vampire took a hand and placed it on the back of the laptop, and in a swift motion pushed the monitor just enough for the thing to fall shut.
She girl looked up to him in confusion, her gaze only being met by a cold one. "Hey. Why did you-"
"You shouldn't read trash like that..."he said bluntly, cutting her off as he turned back to leave as soon as possible.
'What..? Why doesn't he want me looking at this stuff.?' (Y/n) thought. She stood reaching out to take the vampire by the wrist before he could leave her. "What's wrong, why can't I?" She asked. she didn't know why he seemed so irritated all of the sudden but his attitude was something that upset her.
He kept his eyes away from hers as he stood. "...That website is bad, (y/n).." he said after a pause. He sighed not wanting to talk more about the topic.
"It seemed fine to me. -And you didn't even see what-"
"It's not important what you think, it's just bad..!" He snapped at her, raising his voice well above its usual levels.
It stopped the girl in her tracks sending a chill down her spine. She looked up to him with stunned eyes and a pale face. Her hand that held the vampire in place fell to her side, she had no way to react as her body felt paralyzed from his aggression.
After a moment the vampire's cold glare darted to the side and he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. He could see that he had hurt the girl, but he couldn't deal with this right now. "Ah... I'm gonna to take a bath..." he huffed, earning a way out of the situation. He sighed and headed in the direct of the bathroom without another word.

She waited until he had left the room before she did anything, and all she did was let herself fall into the seat behind her. She took a deep breath and held it for a moment before exhaling, she brushed her hand through her hair.
Although she attempted to portray herself as a strong individual, (y/n) had been struggling recently and had become a little sensitive. She still only had a couple of things that set her off, but unfortunately yelling was one of them. She never understood why but for some reason her body couldn't handle it and it left her shaken.
She covered her face in her hands and whispered to herself in trembling breath, "it's okay.. it's okay it's nothing..."

~

The vampire tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for the tub to fill with liquid tranquility. Now that he was alone he saw that he was more worked up than he thought. Memories of his past, his decisions, his regrets, flooded back to him only seeming to make it worse. All he could see from it all was that he only seemed to bring the world down. Even now was a present example, he knew that when he had snapped at the girl it hurt her inside, he could see it the moment it happened. He must've made her feel awful, but in his defense he felt the same.
He glanced up and realized that the tub had filled, sighing in relief that he wouldn't have to wait anymore. He stripped himself of his heavy clothing and stepped inside the tub, letting the hot water surround him.
He sat for a long time with closed eyes, just relaxing in the water, trying and failing to clear his head.