Chapter 31

The following days that came after the surprise visit from everyone else had been pretty good giving the recent events. (Y/n)'s pain in her leg had become pretty tolerable leaving her only with a slight damage to her ego. However, with each new day, (y/n) had been acting a little differently. She'd be happy or sad or hyper or just somewhere in between, and Kuro could never guess which one the new day would be. But despite this small confusion there weren't any problems.
Kuro was also doing very well. He had pretty much gone back to his natural lazy and intolerant persona, although he had changed a lot because of (y/n). The general way he acted around her was a lot different than what others thought of him. It seemed his feeling for her had some control over him.

~

     Kuro yawned waking up from a long nap. He turned over on the couch to face the television, slightly confused when he saw (y/n) laying on the floor over to the side, the curtains pulled back from the window letting in a little sun.
     "..you Okay, (y/n)?" He asked monotonously.
     "Yeah.." she mumbled and shifted onto her back. Her eyes held shut.
Kuro tilted his head with a curious look. Laying out in the middle of the floor was weird for her. What kind of day would it be this time? He stood up tiredly and walked over, sitting down cross legged as nearby as he could without getting in the sun.
     "What are you doing..?" He asked.
     "It's warm...~" she mumbled and stretched a little.
      The vampire noted that other then tired she sounded pretty normal, so there was no concern. He looked down to the rays of sun creating a box around (y/n) on the floor. "Blankets do the same thing you know..?" Kuro replied in his usual tone.
     "Yeah but.." she started as she rolled over to her stomach, "I dunno, i haven't been out in a while... I miss the sun... who would've thought..."
     He traced along the line that separated him from her with his fingers and sighed, "we don't have to stay inside... you still make the decisions you know."
     "I know." She replied. "...But also.. I don't.. really feel like possibly getting.. shot, again.." she mumbled.
Kuro looked up from the floor to where (y/n) laid. Something about that comment disheartened him, like it was his fault she didn't want to go outside. "That wouldn't happen.." he mumbled to try and argue.
"How would you know?" (Y/n) asked. Kuro remained silent and adverted his gaze. The girl looked up to him and saw his expression, he was feeling guilty again. After laying in the sun for as long as she could, (y/n) sat herself up and moved into the shade.
     "Never mind, who cares..." She said and leaned herself against the vampire's chest comfortably. "We can do whatever we want.." she said.

Kuro sighed and wrapped his arms around the girl. His lazy eyes looked down to (y/n). He was perplexed, he had never truly looked at his eve in detail before. He was always focused on something more important.
     Relaxing in his arms, she wore the same old shirt and pajama shorts as always, but it gave her a charactered style. She had paled slightly from her natural tone. Her marred arms crossed over her waist, the permanent lines on them looking like an attempt at abstract artwork. She had dark circles somewhat masked by her closed eyes, her lashes long and dark. It was as if her beauty and her character were fighting for control over her appearance. She really looked like she had been through a lot, and honestly, she was a mess, but some part of it all was captivating.
     Kuro blinked a few times realizing he had lost his focus. He looked down to (y/n) deciding to focus on her condition. She seemed more tired than usual and it was true that she hadn't been out enough recently. He needed to get her out more.
"... you really should go out.. don't humans need sun to be healthy or something..?" He mumbled and let his fingers twist themselves in the ends of her hair.
     "Technically, we don't need anything" She retorted, she smiled although her tone indicated a disagreement.
     "(Y/n)." He spoke. "I'm serious..."
     The girl looked up to him for a moment before closing her eyes again. Her smile fading. ".. but what if something happens again...?"
     "It won't.." Kuro replied, rubbing her arm.
The girl sighed and looked down. "Okay.." after a moment she looked back up to him pulling a grin onto her face, "but i want to spend the rest of today inside at least.. we'll do something else tomorrow I guess."
"Fine.."

~

     "(Y/n)~ I'm hungry...~" kuro whined lazily from the couch. He could smell the freshly delivered pizza at the door.
"I'm coming, don't worry." She called dismissively from the other side of the apartment. Soon enough (y/n) appeared from the kitchen with the box. "You have zero patience"
     "You're the one who starving your pet cat" he said victimizing himself.
     The girl set the box down and opened it, handing kuro a slice of pizza before grabbing one for herself and sitting down, "oh shush, you're allowed to eat whatever and whenever you want. If you starve it's your own fault"
Kuro ignored the girl, taking his slice of pizza. He stared down at it for a moment before taking a bite. (Y/n) hadn't been cooking as often, so having a quality meal was something for him to savor.
"So what movie do you wanna watch?" (Y/n) asked. She had decided to use her last lazy day by eating pizza and watching movies with him.
"I don't care.." the vampire replied through his mouthful of food.
The girl rolled her eyes at kuro's poor manners before lifting the remote and turning on the tv. "K I guess I'll just scroll through till I find something."

(y/n) ended up deciding to watch a fairly new action movie she hadn't seen yet. The two sat close to each other and ate a bit, occasionally making comments about things they found dumb or weird in the movie. It was pretty interesting, the two main characters, a guy and girl partnered as military agents were set to investigate something wrong with the inside of an advanced city.
As the end of the movie got nearer (y/n) and kuro were both very focused on the plot. It was unclear who was the actual villain in the movie and the sloth pair was ready to find out. That is, until one scene caused both to lose interest.

"Oh come on~" (y/n) whined. On the screen was a stereotypical love scene in the middle of the action movie.
"Ugh.." kuro huffed rolling his eyes.
"Just ruin the whole movie with your gross romance that manifested itself in 2.9 seconds" The girl groaned.
"That's dumb..." kuro mumbled.
"Oh I'm faced with death and now even though I acted like I hated you the whole time I actually love you let's make out mehh~" (y/n) mocked the movie, laughing towards the end of her rant. She let herself fall across kuro's legs looking up at him as if she were the terrible movie character.
"God no." Kuro mumbled turning away, half to kill the joke and half to hide his own smirk.
"You're no fun" The girl pouted and sat up.
"I'm not an idiot.." he retorted. The girl giving him a 'well~' toned hum. "Shut up" he huffed before standing up.
"Where are you going? The movie's not over yet." (Y/n) asked.
"Who cares..?" He mumbled as he walked to the kitchen, presumably for a snack.
After a moment to decide whether she should try and finish the movie or not, (y/n) ended up following the vampire to the kitchen. She wasn't surprised to find him digging through the cupboard.

"Anything good in there?" (Y/n) asked, leaning against the kitchen counter.
"Eh.. you're running pretty low.." kuro mumbled as he turned around with a box of pocky in his hand. He made his way near the girl, leaving his mess behind as always.
(Y/n) sighed and brushed past the vampire to clean up the cabinet and shut the door while also taking inventory of what food she had left.
"Well maybe if you didn't eat so much we'd have more." She said, turning back to the vampire and smirking slightly as she saw him holding one of the chocolate snacks in his mouth. The girl made her way towards kuro and took the snack from his lips, confusing him greatly, before grinning again and walking past before he could react.
"Maybe we'll go eat somewhere, ya know since you're forcing me to go out anyways.." she said over her shoulder as she walked back to the living room, enjoying her stolen treat.

"Whatever..." he retorted. Kuro's feeling of confusion, and minor disappointment, was brushed off by annoyance and he rolled his eyes at (y/n)'s statement. She really didn't know what was good for her and she was suffering because of it. The girl might not like how cautious the vampire was of her health, but to him it was very important. Someone like her deserved much more in life, and so kuro wanted to make sure he could give her as much as he could.

_____________________________
Ooooof fillers

Oooof endings

Oooof kill me