Chapter 16

"(y/n)..."
     "Hn..?" The girl hummed as she barely opened her eyes. She tiredly looked around for a moment before seeing that she was back in her apartment, "oh.." she mumbled as she let herself fall from the vampire's arms. She had been barely conscious the entire way and didn't get to notice that they were back.
     (Y/n) rubbed her eyes and looked up to Kuro noticing that his jacket was a little less than soaked. "Why are you all wet?" She asked slightly confused.
     "Ah, the rain...you were asleep I think.." Kuro replied and glanced to the side.
     The girl squinted trying to think before remembering that it did in fact rain on the way home. She sighed and stood letting a quiet apology escape her lips before she yawned and tugged on the vampire's sleeve for him to come with her.

     The two trudged into the girl's room leaving a trail of water dripping behind them. Kuro waited at the doorway as he watched what the girl was doing. She looked through several drawers in her dresser before grabbing a large men's sweatshirt and some other things before standing up. She stepped in front of Kuro and held the clothing out to him with a tired face.
     "...so you're not all cold and wet.. is that enough.?" She mumbled.
     "Yeah.." Kuro replied and took it, not even phased that the girl just randomly had clothes that would fit him. He was more focused on the way the girl was acting. He looked at her slightly concerned, her eyes barely open. "Are you.. okay..?"
     She swatted her hand dismissively. "Yeah I just.. im just tired.." she said softly.
     "I know." He muttered, her tiredness was the thing concerning him. 'You're never tired like this...'
     "Don't worry about me, worry about you." (Y/n) said and slightly pushed Kuro in the direction of the bathroom, changing the subject "now go change out of those clothes."
     He looked back at her for a moment, but then just sighed and did as he was told.

     He shut the bathroom door behind him and set his dry clothes on the counter before unbuttoning his thick jacket and removing his wet clothes. He sighed and got himself changed into a black t-shirt and some shorts along with the large grey sweatshirt.
     Kuro stepped back outside and heard an audible sigh. He glanced over seeing (y/n) leaning over the dresser with her head hung down.
     "Hey.." he mumbled as he put a hand on her shoulder. His word only met by a look of distress on the girl's face. He looked at her worriedly "Hey you should rest..." he was truly concerned for her health at the moment.
     "..yeah.." (y/n) nodded and agreed quietly as she let Kuro guide her to the bed. "I'm sorry, Kuro.. I feel so bad..."
     He glanced away slightly with a sigh, "..don't apologize..."
     "This is all my fault.. I just always make things bad don't I..." she mumbled and laid herself down, her energy decreasing more and more.
     "No.." he assured her as she closed her eyes. He watched over her as she very soon feel asleep and sighed. ".. I do..."

~

     The girl let out a yawn as she unconsciously stretched out her arms and shifted to get more comfortable. Her eyes opened slowly and she laid for a moment to fully wake up. She let out another yawn before sitting up in her bed and looking around noticing Kuro sleeping as a cat beside her. (Y/n) smiled, she had no thought in mind it was just an involuntary action.
     A moment later Kuro slowly opened his tired eyes, glancing up at the girl. The two were silent waiting to see who would speak first.
     "Morning.." (y/n) mumbled. He did the same. "How long have you been here..?"
     "...a day I guess." He mumbled.
     She gave him a confused look, "a day? You mean a night..?"
     Kuro shook his head slowly and closed his eyes again, "You were out through all of yesterday... you woke up maybe a couple of times.. but not long enough to matter..."
     "Really??" She asked with a concerned voice. He hummed back to her. "Jeez..." she huffed laying herself back down a bit.
     'And did he really stay here all this time..?' (Y/n) glanced down to him thoughtfully. 'He looks like it... god now I feel bad-'
     The girl's eyes widened as she had reminded herself of something important. "Oof" she gasped and sat herself up quickly.
     "What's wrong.." Kuro mumbled tiredly.
     "I haven't taken my medicine in two days" she rushed and rolled herself off the bed. Kuro opened his eyes just in time to watch the girl hurry out of her room and into the kitchen.

     Kuro sighed and followed her not really showing his existing concern for the girl. He made his way to the kitchen finding his eve by the counter brushing the hair from her face with a worried look.
     "..did you take it..?" He asked.
     She looked over to him and let out an unrelated sigh, "Yeah.. I don't know if it's going to do much today though, I'm supposed to take it early..." she mumbled.
     "What is it..?" Kuro asked in disinterest to avoid sounding invasive.
     "Ah..." she hesitated. "..anxiety..."
     Kuro squinted as if he was taken off guard by (y/n)'s answer. For some reason he thought it was something else.
     "Yeah I..." she trailed off. "I'm pretty sure you know that I.. suck as a functional human being and all.. but I'm trying to fix it..." she continued.
     He looked at her worriedly.
     " I can manage everything else but if I have a panic attack..." she trailed off, shaking her head with words. "...So, I have these." She said, knowing that Kuro probably got the point. "Actually... I think the day of our contract I forgot to take them too..."
     "...oh." He mumbled. He couldn't really find words to use.
     (Y/n) glanced to the side not wanting to go any further "Let's just not talk about it..." She huffed. "I try to ignore it myself.. wanna play some video games or something??"
     "I'll just watch..." he yawned, for some reason he didn't feel like distracting himself from the girl as much. She hummed and walked over to the living room, Kuro soon following.

~

     (Y/n) sat on the couch for about an hour playing some easy game to distract herself a bit. Kuro lay beside her still as a cat watching tiredly. Although (y/n) was playing to keep from any sort of emotion, she couldn't stop thinking about Kuro in the back of her mind. How did he even find her at c3? Was he mad at all? Does he feel blamed like he had with other situations? She couldn't tell what he was feeling, and it was urging to speak up even though she really didn't want to.
     "Hey.." she mumbled, not being able to stay quiet.
     "Yeah..?" He asked half asleep.
     (Y/n) paused. She really didn't want to delve too much into what had happened but she wanted Kuro to have a little acknowledgement. "...Thank you.."
     Kuro cracked his eyes open and glanced up at her. "For what happened at c3..?" He mumbled.
     "No." she sighed. "Well, Yeah. But I just meant for.. everything really..."
     The vampire furrowed his brow. The girl continued before he could question her.
     "Ya know.. protecting me and tolerating me and... caring, I think.." she said pausing her game afterwards.
     Kuro was taken back slightly. He was never told anything like this. He didn't expect any sort of appreciation.
     "And I know I can easily come off as mean because I'm so closed off but I just.. just, make sure you don't take anything I say or do personally because I..  I do value you even if I don't show it..." she spoke somewhat awkwardly. "I can kinda tell that you've been a little down because of me and it's easy for me to get the same way, and I don't want that."
     He remained silent.
     "We should both be happy yes?"
     "..yeah..." he mumbled.
     "Okay... then I guess we've got things straightened out a bit?"She asked, regarding their minor emotional cycle.
     "Yeah..." he said.
     "Ok." She hummed. The girl stood up from the couch and stretched, "I think it's time for some lunch then." She said, and walked leisurely to the kitchen.

     Kuro stayed on the couch watching the girl as she left his sight. He didn't like the fact that he couldn't see her but his body and mind were still shocked from the conversation he had just had. This sense of value was something he had never had for himself before, and he didn't know how to process it yet. It felt almost, good, having (y/n) say things like that. He felt a slight sense of relief knowing how considerate she was of everything and that she never blamed him, however this warm feeling was alien to him and quite frankly was uncomfortable because it was so new. He didn't know what to think about it and soon came up with a quick fix to the problem, ignore it.