Chapter 7

(Y/n) sat alone playing games on her console. After a while the lazy vampire made his way over to the living room where the girl was.
     "Hey" she greeted, keeping her focus on the game. Kuro watched her screen before seeing her fail miserably in one of the levels. "Well Shit. Oh- sorry! Pretend I didn't say that~"
     "I really don't care what you say" he shrugged.
     "Well I'm trying not to cuss so.." she trailed off. She looked back at her screen with a sigh before glancing back at Kuro, who was also looking at the screen. "Wanna play..?" (Y/n) asked, offering the male her controller.
     The vampire gazed down at the girl with an unsure look. Nobody really offered him things and she had been doing it a lot since they had met. He thought for a moment but then remembered that there was no reason to be so suspicious, she was his eve after all. He took the controller and sat down on the floor.

~

     After a while it was clear to (y/n) that the vampire was an amazing gamer. She let him play the majority of the game because to her the game was impossible. Night had approached and the girl started paying less attention to the game and rather, to Kuro.
     "So I can see you like games" (y/n) said pulling her feet onto the couch.
     Kuro shrugged, "I guess.." He mumbled.
     "What else do you like?" She asked before carefully turning to have her feet over the back of the couch so she could lay practically upside down like a kid would.
     ".. why do you ask..?"
     "Well, were gonna be together for a while so I thought we should know a bit about each other." The girl said. Kuro hummed as if saying 'eh'
     "Do you like books?"
     He shrugged.
     "How about movies?"
     "..I guess?" He mumbled.
     The girl used her questions to slowly decode the vampire's diction. So far she could conclude that he wouldn't admit any preferences, but he did have them. She guessed that anything other that some way of dismissing her was a yes.
     "So you like movies too.. I'm guessing horror since you're playing a horror game right now like it's nothing" She concluded.

     Right as she said that she heard the sound of the game character's death followed by a grunt by Kuro. The girl pulled her gaze from the ceiling and looked to the upside down screen. After quite a long run he had finally failed causing the character to die.
     "Here..." he mumbled holding the controller up to her.
     The girl smirked at how quickly he gave up. "You don't want to play anymore?"
     Kuro let a yawn escape his lungs and nodded a no.
     "Okay" she grinned taking the controller back. "You seem tired anyways." The girl paused the game and maneuvered herself off the couch. "I guess it's time for a break" she said, stretching out her arms.
     The vampire looked around seeing through the window. Moonlight shone through, bouncing off the metal terrace on the other side.
     "Isn't it time for sleep..?" He asked, looking to see if she showed any signs of exhaustion.
     The girl looked around for her clock before seeing the time. "It's only 1:30" she said, her tone curving into almost a question.
     "..you're not tired..?" He asked, surprised that neither of them had caught how late it had gotten until now. He stood and slowly followed the girl's path to the kitchen.
     "Nope" she replied as she rummaged through her pantry for a snack. "I'm not really good at the whole sleeping thing.."
     The vampire gave the girl a weird look as she proceeded to search for a random snack. 'What is that supposed to mean..? She's not good at sleeping.. how does she live then..?' He thought to himself.
     "Did you eat everything??" The girl asked suddenly, catching Kuro off guard. He glanced over to the pantry seeing that most of the boxes inside were empty.
     "...not everything.." he said scratching the back of his neck.
     "Kuro! I only go shopping every other week, that was supposed to last!" She scolded looking back at the pantry with an exasperated expression.
     "You should've prepared better.." he mumbled.
     "Prepared?! You said you weren't going to stay and I didn't know you were such a pig!" She complained before covering her face with a sigh.
     "Hey don't be mad-" he started and transformed into his cat form before sitting on the counter. He rolled onto his back and looked up to her, "just look at my form and be soothed, nya~"
     The girl took her hands away and looked at him, pursing her lips with an irritated face. She glared at him for a moment before rolling her eyes and poking his stomach with a smirk. She'd hate to admit it but his cat form was adorable. He was good at distracting her from her problems.
     "Ah, I'll have to set an alarm to remind me to go shopping, again" she said, sending a false glare to the cat at the end. She shut the pantry and picked him up before trudging back to the living room.

    The vampire yawned, laying in his cat form on the back of the couch.
     "You can go to bed if you want to, I'm kinda done with games..." The girl said quietly as she cleaned up a bit.
     She looked back at the vampire finding him getting comfortable on the old couch. He felt a pair of eyes on him and glanced to her as well, sighing before shifting to his side, "its fine, I'll stay" he mumbled.
     "I'm not going to be doing much, there's no need to stay up." She warned.
     "..It doesn't matter to me..." he mumbled.
     "Okay~" she dragged out in a doubting tone. She picked up a pair of earbuds that she always kept by the coffee table so she wouldn't lose them and plugged them into her phone.
     She sat down on the couch and noticed that the black cat above her was already practically asleep. She had offered him the bedroom but he for some reason chose to stay out with her. Although it probably meant nothing, the fact made (y/n) feel good. She smirked and pet his head gently before lay back down on the couch and playing some music in her ears.
     The girl spent nearly every night with her music. The loud sound and vibrations closed her off from the world and made her feel more relaxed. It was one of the very few things that could distract her whenever she needed it to. She closed her eyes and focused solely on the music, letting herself relax until later in the morning.

~

     The sound of cabinets being opened and closed, along with the faint sound of the girl's voice brought Kuro away from his peaceful sleep. He sat up and rubbed his eyes a bit, wondering if the girl had slept at all. He glanced over to her and saw that he had the same clothes on, a tired expression on her face, he assumed the answer to his question was a no.

     "Hm..." she hummed as she tipped over a bottle of medication letting a couple of pills fall into her palm.
      "What's that..?" The vampire asked as he peered over the girl's shoulder.
     She nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of his voice. "Jesus! where did you come from, I thought you were sleeping?!" She yelled as she pushed him away from her. She took a deep breath to regain her composure. "God, i put a bell on you and you still sneak up on me.." she said under her breath.
     Kuro looked away and rubbed the back of his neck. His actions showed to her that he didn't mean anything, so even though he never apologized she brushed off the incident. The vampire glanced back down to the medication the girl was holding in her hand.
     She followed his gaze seeing what he was looking at, "oh-" she looked up, "-Uhm..well you see these are.. magic beans~"
     He met her statement with a stare that said 'seriously..'
     She sighed with half a smile on her face and turned to the empty glass in front of her, "ok I get it I'm not funny but quit being so serious" she started as she walked over to the fridge to fill her glass, "this is just stuff I have to take in the mornings... don't worry about it" she said before dropping the pills in her mouth and drinking her water. "How'd you sleep on that old couch?" She asked as she turned back to Kuro.
     "It wasn't bad" he answered boredly. He didn't see why it mattered to her how he slept while she didn't sleep at all.
     "Well that's good" she smiled before walking past him and over to the couch where she decided to sit.
     The vampire watched her tiredly and thought to himself. '..Magic beans... how weird..' he obviously knew it was medication but he never understood that kind of thing so wouldn't be able to figure out exactly what it was. Kuro examined her more closely wondering why (y/n) would need medication. She seemed to be perfectly healthy to him, other than what he presumed was a severe lack of sleep.

     "Why don't you sleep at night?" He found himself asking without hesitation. He was extremely confused on why he had just done that. He assumed it was just him attempting to avoid things that would be troublesome in the future.
     She sat up and looked at him for a second. She too seemed confused on his sudden interest in things. "Uhh... I don't actually know." She shrugged and laid herself across the couch. "But it's fine, I like the night time better anyways.. it's more peaceful.."
     She glanced up to Kuro seeing his head tilt as if he was thinking about something. "Don't worry.. I usually take naps during the day so I'm fine."she said, sending a reassuring grin and a thumbs up.
     Kuro returned to the living room and took his seat on the floor. He slouched back against the couch, satisfied with the knowledge that his eve actually gets sleep, although the method was a little odd. He sighed feeling a little tired although he had just woken up. But for him, sleep happened whenever it wanted to.
     He transformed into his small black cat and curled up next to the couch. (Y/n) let her hand, that wasn't currently holding her phone, slide off the couch near the black kitten. Her fingers unconsciously intertwining themselves in the fur she could reach.
     He sighed with acceptance of her actions, not really minding the attention. Her touch was soft, gentle against his fur making it easy for him to close his eyes and drift away in soothing sleep.