Chapter 23

The night seemed to have lasted forever for the vampire and his eve. The girl had nearly woken up multiple times throughout the night but luckily she had Kuro there to keep her comfortable and relaxed.
     Morning finally came and with it came the mental alarm clock that usually got (y/n) out of bed when she over slept. However even with her mind telling her what to do, she couldn't bring herself to move. She pulled her eyes open slowly and took in a hazy view of her surroundings. The soft rise and fall of her mattress threatened to lull her back to sleep.
     After a moment she managed to find herself fully conscious and realized that what she was sleeping on wasn't her mattress, but Kuro. In an exhausted manner, the girl tried to lift herself up and avoid pushing on him by accident.
     The vampire tightened his arm around her unconsciously, and the girl followed his force laying back down over him. She didn't know exactly how to feel at the moment, but she was passive in her state and didn't seem to mind the vampire's comfort. She shifted to rest her head on the vampire's chest, taking in his warmth and letting his breathing soothe her once more.

     Kuro stirred at the girl's movement noticing that it was different from her usual pattern. Ever since he went to bed last night he had slept lightly enough to be able to sense the girl's movements while he slept. The action might not have been good for him, but if it meant a good nights sleep for (y/n) then he was fine with it.
     His eyes opened slowly and gazed down to the girl resting in his arms. He brought his hand up to pet her softly.
     The girl was nearly back to sleep before feeling Kuro stroke her hair gently. She blinked herself awake again and lifted her head slightly before turning to face the vampire.
      "Oh.. I didn't want to wake you, sorry..." he said quietly and removed his hand from her hair.
     The girl lowered her gaze from his, "you didn't.. I was already up..." she replied.
     "Oh.." he sighed. He sat up slightly and pulled the girl up with him. "How do you feel..?"
     (Y/n) shifted and rested her head against his chest with a sigh. "I dunno..." she mumbled. She really didn't feel anything at the moment. She just wanted to stay like this and rest.
     The vampire hummed and placed his hand on her shoulder rubbing her arm gently. "Need anything..?" He asked.
     She nodded a no and shifted further into the vampire's warmth. "..I just.. wanna stay here..." she mumbled, closing her eyes.
     "Okay." He said softly.

     The two rested in silence for several minutes letting a calm air surround them. Unfortunately, the loud ringer on (y/n)'a cell phone put a large dent in their time of peace.
     The girl was slow in reacting, only opening her eyes with a look of disgust. She had forgotten that life was a thing and she unfortunately had one to live. The world wasn't going to stop for her any time soon.
     She groaned loudly as the phone kept ringing before pathetically rolling onto her back to reach the device. She glanced at it for a moment to check the ID before taking a deep breath and answering.
     "Hey Lilly~" she answered. Her tone was lively and the complete opposite of what it was just a mere second ago.

     The vampire looked down to her in almost a sense of shock. He wasn't expecting such a lively attitude from her, especially not as suddenly as it happened. But she was a great actor. He could see that in person she was still in poor condition, but through the phone she must've sounded like the happiest person in the world. Even as her conversation neared the end she kept the same false tone, she could fool almost anyone.

     "Yeah, tomorrow's great!" She replied even pulling on a quick smile as she spoke. She said goodbye and hung up the phone before tossing it back to the nightstand. She huffed and laid back down exhaustedly.
     "What's the matter?" Kuro asked as he let the girl get comfortable again.
     "We have to go somewhere, and do things, and I don't really want to..." she complained, dragging out her words slightly.
     "..You could've said no." He replied.
     The girl seemed to think for a second before responding. "Yeah but, I love your siblings so.. I kinda have to go."
     The vampire seemed to huff as he brought his arms around the girl. He pulled her closer to where her back was against his chest. "That's weird.."
     "You're weird." She argued in a childish manner.
     He rolled his eyes at her comment and tightened his arms around her. She leaned into his warmth with a comfortable sigh. Kuro glanced back down to her, she may be one to hide her emotions but he could see that she was gradually improving.
     The girl felt eyes on her and looked up to the vampire. His eyes darted somewhere else the moment she looked at him, but he could see her face showing a small but sincere smile for a moment before returning to her previous state. He couldn't help but grin himself knowing that she was alright.

~

     Kuro yawned and opened his eyes slowly. He and (y/n) had fallen back to sleep earlier but now he had awoken to find that she was no longer in his arms. He gazed around warily not seeing her anywhere. He knew she was most likely in the other room, but his assumptions weren't enough to subside the feeling he got when he wasn't with her. After a moment, he sighed and brought himself to his feet before slowly making his way out of the room.

     He brought his gaze around the main rooms looking for the girl. Soon enough he found her standing in the kitchen wrapped in her blanket, the cover revealing one of her shoulders as it refused to stay in place.
     Without a word he made his way behind the girl before leaning against her back. She took half a step forward to balance herself before glancing back at the vampire.
     "Hey." She greeted quietly before looking back to he microwave. She was waiting for something to cook.
     "You left.." he mumbled back to her.
     "I was hungry." She said, shrugging it off.
     He sighed and rested his arms on her back so he'd have a place to lay his head. She rolled her eyes to herself regarding how lazy he was, but he also seemed to be giving off an almost needy vibe.
     "You good..?" She asked him as she tried not to move too much while getting her food. Her tone seemed much better than it was before.
     "Yeah.." he sighed telling mostly the truth. He wasn't upset or anything but he felt... weird. Ever since last night when he was comforting (y/n) he had had that protective feeling, although he had good reason and thought nothing of it. But having woken up without her this time he couldn't seem to get the feeling to go away. Every second without her seemed to make it worse.
     "You should make me some ramen.." he said tiredly to find some sort of distraction.
     "Oh so that's what this is about." She joked, assuming he had just been wishing for food the whole time. "Don't worry, I'll make you some" She said with a slight grin as she prepared his food. After a few minutes Kuro had no choice but to part with the girl so he could eat.

     The vampire sighed and tried to enjoy his meal as (y/n) went off to do other things. His tired gaze followed her around the house to the point where he wasn't even paying attention to his meal. It seemed that not even his desire for food could make his unexplained feeling go away. He blinked himself back into reality and ate fairly quickly so he could make his way back to (y/n).
     He walked slowly to the living room where the girl sat comfortably on the couch. The vampire let out a yawn and made his way around to the empty side of the couch to join her. Almost immediately after noticing him the girl shifted, leaning herself onto Kuro' side. She brought her feet up to the couch and rested her head on the side of his shoulder.
     The vampire seemed surprised by the girl's actions. Even though this kind of contact was nothing new something felt different about it. It gave off a different feeling from when he was comforting her. Suddenly, he felt all the emotions he had failed to make sense of rising up inside of him again.

     "Thank you..." the girl said quietly, cutting the vampire out of his state of shock.
     He blinked a few times pushing everything back down again. "Mhm.." he hummed back to her.

     He sighed pulling his arm around her to put them both in a more comfortable position. He was starting to get fed up with himself for these emotions of his. They seemed to be bothering him more and more and sadly he knew that the only way to get rid of them was to address them directly. But things like that were a pain. Things like that always caused problems and that was the last thing he wanted. He just wished it would go away on its own, but of course, things never turn out the way they're wanted.

________________________
Okay so I really only wanted to write the first part of this chapter but it was way too short and needed to continue the plot so sorry...

Really 'meh' chapter but I REALLY wanted to post something and I thought this book could use some more sweetness. Also the last sentence is kinda ominous??? Maybe that was intentional, maybe not???

Crap+Chapter=Crapter.
This here is a Crapter