Chapter 25

A/N: Guys there's some deep crap in this chapter. I tried to be as subtle as possible but Like I said, this entire book is one big vent, so if you don't like depressing things or if they made you uncomfortable then why are you here??? This isn't a chapter you can skip so yeah.. you've been warned

     (Y/n) was silent the whole walk  trying, and failing, to avoid thinking all together. Any thought she had was just turned against her anyways. The prolonged silence gave the vampire some concerns. He knew she wasn't holding up well, and having such emotional strain in a short time period wasn't good. Especially when it's been held in for so long.

     "(Y/n) are you alright..?" Kuro asked as the girl unlocked the front door and hurried inside.
     She ignored him and set down her things.
     "..(y-"
     "I'm sorry I just need a minute.." she cut him off, her voice sounded as if it were about to cut out all together. She secluded herself in her room leaving the vampire concerned in the main area.

     The second she was alone she felt everything break down. She felt so many emotions at once she couldn't handle it. It was tearing her apart. It hit her all at once just how invested she was with Kuro, and she knew that the closer they got the worse it would be for him.
     She hated herself. She had learned not to get her hopes up, not to expect anything good from life, but everything he did made her contradict herself. She embraced their forming relationship. The girl could tell that he was growing feelings for her and she was doing the same. She looked forward to him being with her every day. She craved his support and protection. She felt safe with him. She.. loved him.
     And she knew it wasn't good. It was horrible for her to allow him to get close to her, because the moment she left, she'd be taking everything from him. She felt selfish and stupid for not noticing it sooner.
     Her hands shook as they found her familiar silver blade between her fingers. She bit her lip trying to keep everything in, trying to control herself. But the pain was too much.

~

     Kuro had followed the girl's path to her room stopping at the closed door. His hand rested on top of the cold handle but he couldn't bring himself to turn it. Something didn't feel right to him. He could feel (y/n)'s aura from the distance between them and what he felt wasn't something he never wanted anywhere near her. He felt her aura intensify and pushed the door open quickly.
     His eyes widened as he caught a glimpse of the girl. Her arms trailed with thin streaks of red. "(Y/n).." he called, walking towards her. He reached his hand out to her.
     She flinched and stepped back. "No!" She shouted but quickly recoiled, ".. don't touch me.."
     He froze and stood in front her with a shocked face. He couldn't take his eyes away from the crimson marks on her skin. "..w-why..?" He breathed.
     (Y/n) huffed and looked away. She couldn't bare to look at him with how pathetic she was. "I just.. I can't.." she stumbled before taking another breath to calm herself. "Ahh.. This is all my fault..."
     Kuro remained silent only able to look at her. Seeing her this way hurt him in a way he had never been hurt before. "...what is?" He hesitated.
     "I just... remembered how temporary I am and... what happens to you when I die..?" She sighed. "I can tell that's there's something between us and I just..." She but her lip trying to keep her composure. "Who knows.. maybe I'm being stupid, maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't really there... but all I'm thinking about is how badly it hurts to lose someone and to be alone and I just can't... even if there's only a remote possibility, I can't live with myself if I'm hurting you like that..." her breath hitched for a moment. She placed her hands on her head and shifted her weight back and forth to try and keep herself calm.

     His stance remained the same as he stood in disbelief. She was tearing herself apart over him and he had no idea. He felt his feet moving on their own towards her as she kept her gaze hidden from him.
     She took notice to his approach and turned to him. His silence scared her, she had no idea what he was thinking. She backed up trying to keep a distance between them but quickly found herself at a wall. He stepped closer and closer until he stood right in front of her. His expression changing for the first time since he had opened the door. His eyes softened momentarily before being replaced with a look resembling anger.
     (Y/n) stuttered in fear of his judgment, "Kuro, I-I'm sorry, I-"

     Her lips were sealed cutting her off from the rest of her sentence. The vampire pressed his soft lips against hers pulling her into a passionate and tender kiss. Before the girl had any moment to react the vampire broke the seal between them and looked down at her with his previous expression.

     She looked up to him completely frozen. It was as if his contact had told her everything he couldn't say. Her eyes fell down to the sorrow she had engraved on her arms and looked back up to the vampire. Despite everything she had done he still chose to be with her. She couldn't hold back the tears in her eyes.
     He watched as crystal tears slowly streamed down the girl's face. His eyes softened, it was the first time in all their time together he had ever seen her cry. He leaned forwards and she did the same, falling into his embrace.
     "...I'm so sorry.." she whispered as she could no longer keep herself from sobbing.
     He sighed and bringing his hand to her back and rubbing her gently. "It's okay.." he said, hushing her. "I'm here... I'm not leaving no matter what..." he whispered to her placing a small kiss on her cheek.
     He was overwhelmed by how much she felt for him. She drove herself to the extreme because she worried about him. She knew how he would feel in the future without her, and he knew it was inevitable. But he didn't care about the consequences. He loved her, and nothing was going to stop him from caring for her.

_____________________
Omg I cried so much writing this chapter please end me im such a baby.

Also this is the first kiss I've ever written ever in the history of my writing. Sorry it's short but I really wanted it to fit and I think it did???