Chapter 12

The rainy days ceased starting a small dry and cloudy period in the skies. Today was like the others, mostly filled with nothing other than random activities with Kuro. The only thing changing this was an unexpected phone call, who (y/n) soon realized was from the servamp, Lilly. He invited her, last minute, to come over the same day and meet his eve, along with the opportunity to discuss any questions she might have about being an eve. After some thought, and harshly convincing Kuro, the girl agreed to go later that night.

~

(Y/n) rolled her eyes as the cat on her shoulder let out a forced yawn as he mustered up an excuse for her to let him sleep through their visit to Lilly's house. She sighed in defeat not really caring what he did anymore and walked along with the map on her phone to the address that Lilly had sent.
A few minutes later she arrived at a large gate in front of an even larger house. She checked her address for a moment wondering if she was in the right area. Kuro peeked his head up from her shoulder looking at the enormous building beyond the gate.
The girl sighed and picked up her phone deciding to call Lilly.
"Hello, who is this?" An unexpected voice answered.
"Uhm.. this is (y/n)"
"Oh yes. You must be the commoner Lilly was telling me about. I'll send him to let you in right away." He responded.
"Thanks." She replied slightly confused as she hung up the phone. The way the person on the phone spoke made her seem small compared to her surroundings.

"Ah, (y/n) I'm glad to see you! I hope I haven't kept you waiting very long" Lilly's voice called from seemingly nowhere.
The girl looked around with a confused expression seeing nothing but a beautiful pink butterfly heading their way. "Lilly is this you..?" She asked as she held out her hand through the gate.
It landed on her finger and Lilly's voice let out a chuckle and the girl viewed him with a innocent and perplexed face.
The butterfly transformed into the familiar vampire. "That's my other form, I hope you liked it" he smiled.
"It was lovely" (y/n) replied, pulling her hand away.
The vampire smiled and opened the gate guiding her inside. The girl trailed behind the tall figure as he led through a set of huge double doors.
"I'm happy that you were allowed over. And you were available on such short notice." Lilly smiled.
"..I have a lot of time on my hands..." (y/n) replied, still looking around at the enormous building as she followed the vampire through the halls.
"Oh well hopefully you and We can all spend more time together then. It'd be nice for Misono to have some friends.." Lilly said, the second part was a little quieter than the first as the three entered a large room with a fine table and a young boy sitting in one of the seats.

"Misono, this is (y/n) and Kuro." Lilly introduced them before inviting them to sit and have some freshly made tea.
"So you're the eve of sloth I see? Well at a glance your Servamp is already living up to his title" He said gesturing to the cat currently laying on the table.
She glanced down to the cat and instinctively pet his fur as she looked back up to the boy. "Yeah I guess he does..." she paused for a second. She could tell that neither of them could hold a conversation very well. "Your house is amazing, I don't think I've ever been in a building this big"
"Ah yes, it must be interesting to someone like you" He said as he gave his home a quick glance.
'Wow.. I'm being put down by a kid, how lovely...' She thought but quickly shook off his comment. "Still, I feel like anyone would die to live like this"
"It's normal, you wouldn't understand" he responded.
(Y/n) sighed at the boy's constant rebuttals but didn't seem to let them affect her. "Well we're different people, so obviously we'd have different ideas of 'normal'" she said. "Well anyways... maybe it'll be different once we're friends."
'..friends?' He thought, a little shocked by the word. "Yeah.. Right.." he stumbled.

"(Y/n) I'm tired let's leave" Kuro cut in with a low whine as he nudged the girl's hand with his head, still in his cat form.
She huffed, "we just got here, what's your problem?"

"I'm absolutely astounded by your laziness" Misono interrupted. "How do you get anything done?"
'Ah.. I'm not liking this brat.. glad he's not my eve..' The tired vampire looked up to him with a sigh, "there's nothing that needs doing..."
"Oh really?" The boy asked. "Have you even given your eve a lead yet?"
"A what?" She chimed in.
"A lead is a weapon given to a servamp's master. It has several uses" Misono explained.
"Yeah I definitely didn't get anything like that"
"There's no point in giving you one..." the cat yawned and rolled onto his back, still on the table.
The girl tilted her head as she gazed down to the dismissive vampire, "Uhm there might be."
"Why would you ever need it..?" He asked turning back into his lazy human form. He sighed and laid his head on the table.
"Uhm, do you not remember what happened the first day of our contract..?"
He raised his eyes to meet her (e/c) ones before groaning in frustration, "fine..." he huffed, "close your eyes..."

The girl did as she was told. The moment her eyes were shut she was startled by a loud popping sound causing her eyes to shoot back open.
"Happy birthday" a creepy voice said.
The girl looked down finding a small figure standing before her, "what?"
"C'mon, follow me." The little demon said as it began walking off. (Y/n) tilted her head in confusion as she followed behind it. "You came here for something, yes? Your very own gift"
'Gift..? Oh.' She realized what the creature was talking about. "You mean a lead, right..?"
"Here we are." It said, ignoring her question. It pointed to a pile of wrapped boxes, "Time to choose your fate. Unwrap whichever one you'd like though choose carefully, it can't be returned once it's been opened. All that's important is that you choose what reflects who you are inside"
She stared at all the choices in front of her, she hated having to choose between things even in every day life. "Uh, this one I guess." She said unsure as she reached out to a smaller box that looked out of place. Her hands touched the package only for a second before a flash of light brought her back into reality.

"Hm" The vampire hummed as he saw what she had chosen. The other vampire and eve seemed to be intrigued as well.
(Y/n) looked down to see that her hands had been encased in electric blue energy, looking almost like gloves.
"I never took you as much of a fighter..." Kuro said tiredly, "but that's what you picked.. there's your weapon..." he huffed.
She didn't have time to react before the energy disappeared, leaving a ring-like tattoo in its place. "Wait that's it?" She asked.
"That's it" Lilly assured.
"How am I supposed to use it?" (Y/n) asked as she examined her hands.
"Your lead is summoned by your will, it'll take practice before you can master your lead." Misono explained.
She looked up to him, "my will?"
"Your will judges the strength of both you and your Servamp, by the looks of it you don't have much at this time."
"..How can you tell..?" She asked hesitantly.
The boy gestured towards your vampire who was currently laying his upper body on the table in an exhausted manner. "your lack of resolve results in your servamp's lack of motivation... the two are connected."
"Wait so Kuro's lazy like this because of the way I'm feeling?" She asked as she thought to herself, 'he's like this all the time too...'
"Precisely. He'll have no strength when you have no will."
"Well that's just great" she huffed as she placed her elbows on the table.
"What?" He asked confused.
"Nothing.." she replied, smiling afterwards. 'I'm just the most useless eve ever that's all...'
"(Y/n) dear, it's not going to be simple so don't judge yourself too hardly" Lilly leaned in, somewhat understanding the girl's tone.
"Yeah, no I get it. It's fine, Lilly" she dismissed.

Just as she did the large clock in the back of the room struck a new hour and Misono's head fell forwards.
"Uhm-"
"Oh, I didn't realize the time." Lilly exclaimed. "Misono falls asleep at 9 on the dot"
'Lucky him' the girl thought as she stood from her chair. She could feel that it was about time to go.
"Lets pick this back up another day maybe?" Lilly suggested.
"Sure" she said as she tugged on Kuro's jacket. The vampire groaned before taking his cat form and sitting back on (y/n)'s shoulder.

The girl followed behind Lilly as she was lead out the door, "it was nice having you" the vampire grinned as he showed them out.
"Yes, thanks for inviting us" she replied before saying goodbye and heading down the streets.
As she caught herself alone she began to feel heavy. She mentally groaned as she recognized the feeling and tried to ignore it.

'So Kuro's gonna be weak because of me.. Wow who would've thought.. no matter what I do I'm still worthless..what's new..'