Epilogue

Sleepy ash remained silent as he stood in the small room. (Y/n) lay in the bed beside him. Unlike her usual state of restlessness the girl slept in complete silence. Her breathing was shallow and slow making it nearly impossible to hear. The vampire wanted to lay next to her, to be with her until she awoke. But he couldn't. He couldn't stand seeing her like this and he feared the emotions that would come after she woke. The guilt was too much for him to handle, it was torturing him.

"I'm sorry, brother.." Lilly said quietly from the doorway.
Sloth looked back to him with a sigh. His expression was dull and his energy was gone. He felt dazed and nearly sick to his stomach after what had happened. However, he pushed it all down and shoved his hands in his pockets, before leaving the room and heading down the hall.

Lilly walked behind him, giving him space as he made his way to the exit. Sleepy ash stopped at the door and sighed turning back to him.
He swallowed and took a moment to remain calm. "Thank you, Lilly..."
"You can stay longer if you need"
Sleepy ash shook his head and looked at the floor. "I... need some time to myself.." he mumbled.
"I understand.." Lilly replied.
The servamp of sloth sighed and turned to the door but stopped as he gripped the handle.
"Lilly..?" He asked.
"Yes?"
"Keep her inside..." he sighed, "something can't happen to her again.." he mumbled solemnly.
Lilly looked up to him for a moment. He wanted to ask why he would place such a drastic rule, but his brother was hurting. He just nodded and agreed. "Of course, brother.."
"Thank you..." the servamp of sloth mumbled. And with that last response, he left.

~

     (Y/n) took a deep breath, filling her lungs with fresh air. Her eyes opened slowly as she regained consciousness. She was extremely tired and could barely keep her eyes open as she looked around. 'Where...am I..?' She thought. After a few moments she gathered the strength to sit up. She was in a small room. The bed and other furniture were nice and clean. She pulled her feet off the bed and slowly pushed herself up. She wandered around the small room still slightly dazed from waking up, and caught a glance at herself in the mirror. Her reflection was distorted. Her eyes shone differently than their original shade.
Confused, she walked over to the dresser to get a closer look in the mirror, but as she did she suddenly felt herself get out of breath. She leaned on the dresser and panted, her body felt weak. Her vision grew foggy and her knees bent beneath her until she was on the floor.

Not a moment later, the door opened and Lilly made his way in quickly, "(y/n)? Goodness, what are you doing up?" He asked concerned. He knelt beside the girl and held her shoulder.
"L-Lilly..?" She asked in a daze. She couldn't catch her breath and she felt like she was going to faint. "What's.. happening.? H-how did I get here..?"
"Calm down, you're alright" he said as he rubbed her shoulder.
(Y/n)'s breathing eventually slowed and she slowly started to feel normal again. "What's going on..?" She mumbled.
"I'll explain once you've gathered some more strength, alright?" Lilly said. "How about we get you something to eat?"
(Y/n) sighed and nodded. Lilly helped her up and guided her carefully to the dining room. She sat down where she was told and watched as Lilly made his way to the kitchen.
"Lilly..?" (Y/n) called quickly.
"Yes, (y/n)?"
"..Where's kuro..?" She asked tiredly.
Lilly looked away for a moment before answering, "Let's focus on your health first. I'll explain everything once you settle down a bit" he said before going into the kitchen. When he returned he gave the girl some water and a sandwich to eat, and sat down beside her.

     "So.. how much do you remember?" He asked calmly.
     "About what?" (Y/n) asked, clueless. She looked at her food realizing how starving she was and picked it up to take a bite.
     "About anything, what the most recent thing you recall?"
     The girl thought as she took small bites from her food. "Uhm... I went to dinner with kuro..." she started. "And we.. we went home.. no wait-" she started to look confused, but continued before Lilly said anything. "Someone.. stopped us.. I don't know.."
     "C3..." Lilly mumbled.
     Suddenly, memories came flooding back to (y/n). They were attacked. They held them off but... something went wrong. The girl remembered parts of it but she couldn't find the whole memory. She didn't know what happened, but she couldn't stop as tears started to roll down her cheeks.
     "(Y/n)." Lilly said calmly.
     The girl looked up to him and wiped her eyes quickly. "I-I'm sorry.." she mumbled. "What happened..? After, c3 got to us..?" She asked.
     "Well..." Lilly hummed. "When a human dies, a servamp has the option to save them..." he explained. "By giving a servamp's blood to a human who's life is ending, we create subclass..."  he said and then decided to grin to warm the air a bit. "You know what that is right?"
     The girl nodded.
     "Well.. after what happened to you two.. kuro just couldn't seem to part with you.." he said sadly.
     "He.. made me his subclass..?" (Y/n) asked, her eyes wide.
     "It was the only thing he could do.." Lilly replied.
     The girl blinked a few times. It was a lot to take in, but she understood. She looked up to Lilly with only one more thing in mind. "But where is he..? Why isn't he here to say all this?"
     Lilly thought for a moment, but he couldn't come up with anything. He bit his lip for a brief moment before sighing, "I don't know, dear.. he left you to me until he returns..."

_____________________________
OOF HEY GUYS! Thank you all so much for your love and support with this book i loved writing it so much! Sadly this is the end BUT DONT WORRY. I'm already working on a sequel! Will kuro return? What will (y/n)'s reaction be? Wait for the sequel for this lovely story to continue!!