Ch. 26 - Apologies

-Louis' POV-

I didn't want to leave, but I just had to. I couldn't stand to see Niall like that. Plus the fact that I probably caused most of it because I'm a stupid fucking wanker.

Why is life so complicated?

I have another flat that no one knows about but me and one other person. Just in case, of course. But none of the boys know them so I know they won't find me.

I then get a call. What? How? I'm using a different phone and number. Only one person know's that I'm using this number.

I answer it. "Um, hello?"

"It's Stan."

Alright, that makes sense.

"Oh, thank god mate, I thought someone found out about where I was." I sighed in relief.

"About that, mate..."

"Stan.." I say in a serious tone.

"Harry called me."

"And?"

"Well, I told him I couldn't tell him or anyone about where you were and that you just needed this time alone and then he said some stuff on about how you're selfish and you fucked up."

"Sounds about right...." I frowned. "Then what?"

"Um, Harry said that you seriously need to call him because something happened that he needs you to know right away and to stop hiding like a coward bitch."

I scoffed. "Alright, thanks mate."

"For sure bro." Stand said and hung up.

I pressed end and tapped my foot, debating whether or not to give Haz a call.

Is it that serious? Or what if he's just making stuff up so that I'll call him?

Fuck it. I need to own up to my mistakes and face what I've been hiding from.

It's only been two days but fuck, I'm hurting people more than I realize. And how could I do that when I know how it feels to be hurt so bad by someone I care about?

Like when I found out about Niall. He stopped eating and threw up what he did eat. He cut himself so much, so badly that he hit a vein and almost died.

I left him when he needed me most. I should have listened to him. But I didn't.

And I should have listened to my heart.

I diall Harry's number and he answers after a couple of rings.

"Hello?" He sounds a bit distraught.

"Haz... It's-"

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN LOUIS?!?! JESUS LOU, I'M SO UPSET WITH YOU. WHY DID YOU JUST TAKE OFF LIKE THAT?!"

"I'm so sorry Haz, I just thought it was the best thing to do at the time. I thought I was making everything worse, and ruining Niall even more.."

"You shouldn't have done that Louis, you hurt us all really bad, especially Niall. Which is who I wanted to talk to you about... so I'll yell and be mad at you later."

"I deserve it. I know. But um, what is it with Niall?" Louis bit his tongue. Nervous as to what it could be.

"I think I should tell you in person Lou. Meet me at my flat, three o'clock, tomorrow."

"Harry, I don't-"

"You will and you will!" Harry repeated. "No buts!"

"Fine." I signed. "See you there." I hung up the phone and collapsed on my futon. I pushed my hair back and traced my fingers through my hair.