Ch. 31 - Empty

-Niall's POV-

Kayla was hidding something and I had to figure out what it was. I had came over unexpected just because I felt like I needed too, and she didn't mine.

She suggested I at least stay for dinner. I agreed and she had just hopped in the shower quick. This was now or never.

I didn't like doing this but it was the only way I could find out what was going on with her. I snuck into her room and tried to find anything I could that could lead me to what was wrong.

I carefuly looked through her stuff, god, I hated doing this but I care about her too much to not know whats going on.

I came across a wooden box under her bed. I tried to open it, to find out it was locked. I needed a key. Shit. I looked in things and around. Couldn't find any trace of keys or any type of key. Shoot.

I hear the shower stop from the bathroom. I quickly put the box back and get out of her room. I go and sit on the couch.

About 10 minutes later she comes into the living room with damp hair and a comfy outfit. I flashed a smile when I saw her, acting like nothing had happened. 

She smiled back and cuddled with me on the couch. We had this best friend relationship, affectionate but not sexual. Not since that one day at least.

I'm with Louis now and she understands that. She is so happy that I'm happy again. Well, at least thats what she thinks.

I could just sense something wasn't right. "Hey Kay, are you alright?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She formed a warm smile.

"Just making sure." I tell her. She nodds and we pay our attention back to the tv.

We watch a couple of movies and just chill. I try to relax like she is. But my mind won't stop racing of the thoughts that I can't get off my mind.

What is going on with Kayla, and what is she hiding?

I decided to say what I was feeling, not all of it though.

"I'll miss you while im on tour, Kayla."

She looks up at me. "Oh Nialler, I'll miss you too." She hugged me. It was sweet. But over all, I just hope she'd be okay while we were away for 4 months.

----

-Kayla's POV-

I feel so numb
Staring at the shower wall
It's begun,
The feeling that the end has come
And now the water's cold

I tried to eat today
But the lump in my throat got in the way

In this time I've lost all sense of pride
I've called a hundred times
If I hear your voice I'll be fine

And I, I can't come alive
I want the room to take me under
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?
If you're not here to turn the lights off, I can't sleep
These four walls and me

I lay in bed
Can't seem to leave your side
Your pillow's wet
From all these tears I've cried
I won't say goodbye

I tried to smile today
Then I realized there's no point anyway

In this time I've lost all sense of pride
I've called a thousand times
If I hear your voice I'll be fine

And I, I can't come alive
I want the room to take me under
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?
If you're not here to turn the lights off I can't sleep
These four walls and me

Oh oh oh

And I, I can't come alive
I want the room to take me under
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?
If you're not here to turn the lights off I can't sleep
These four walls and me