Ch. 34 - Perfect

-Third Person POV-

Kayla was rushed to the hospital. No one knew what her current condition was. They had to wait awhile. Niall and Perrie had told everyone what had happened. They all were in tears. Besides Perrie and Niall, Harry was in tears the most. Kayla was such an amazing friend of his, and not to mention very close.

"I can't believe I wasn't there for her. I didn't call her enough, to see how she was. I'm so selfish I can't even stand myself right now." Harry buries his face into his hands.

"Mate, please this has nothing to do with you. How could you have possibly known?" Liam tries to comfort Harry.

"I could have checked up on her more! Like a friend should!" Harry cries. Liam flinches, and feels so bad for Harry.

They all feel sympathy for Harry, and Perrie too. Perrie explained how she saw the signs and didn't know how to approach the situation, for it was out of her hands. The boys understood Perrie. And they are glad Perrie said something before it was too late.

But nobody even comfronted Niall about it. Did they forget Kayla was a good friend of Niall's too? Did Louis even remember? Surely he had and was just waiting until later to talk to Niall when they had some privacy. Right?

Niall had comforted Harry too, but Harry was too upset to do the same with Niall. Niall knew how to keep his feelings and emotions bottled in when he was around others. He had been doing it for years.

----

They got news from the hospital that Kayla was in critical condition and her organs were slowly failing. They said they would keep them updated. 

Everyone was frightened. As soon as they heard, Harry was in tears, once again, freaking out. And of course, no one noticed their Irish band mate had fled the room.

Did none of them realize that Niall was also blaming himself. But a lot more than Harry was. But soon after Niall had to leave the room, Louis was there.

"Ni?" Louis said gently.

"Hey Lou," Niall sniffled and turned to him.

"Are you okay baby?" Louis asked.

"I suppose."

"Niall," 

Niall heard his boyfriend say his name and he broke down sobbing.

"Niall..." Louis said in a painful tone and went beside his boyfriend and crateled him in his arms, rocking back and forth slowly. "It's gonna be okay, I promise." Louis said, soothingly.

"It's all my fault!" Niall cried.

"Niall, stop. You need to stop blaming youself, Harry too."

"But it is. I should have said something right when I was suspicious!"

"Niall, I know it's hard okay? You will get through this and so will Kayla."

"But you don't understand Louis,"

Louis was quiet for a moment. Then spoke, "I do understand Niall."

Niall looked up at Louis with red wet eyes, confused.

"I understand because I watched you go through it." Louis tried to hold back his tears.

Niall looked at him with such pain and hurt in his eyes. Feeling regret and selfishness.

"I'm s-sorry.." Niall spoke quietly.

"No, no. Don't ever be sorry. I know how you're feeling but I know that you can't help it. And I know you didn't mean to do hurt any of us."