The Rankings

I DO NOT OWN (most) OF THE CHARACTERS, THE AMAZING 5 DOES (Veronica Roth) 

 I look at the rankings, but I can't seem to find my name. Then I see it. Beside slot one, is my name and picture. I did it, I really did it. I passed Dauntless initiation. The rankings go like this:

1) Tris Prior

2) Uriah Pedrad

3) Will Nicoles A/N I don't know all their names/last names so I will make them up

4) Christina Bryan

5) Peter Hayes

6) Shauna Smith

7) Lynn Smith

8) Marlene Johnson

9) Dauntless-born

10) Dauntless-born

      Molly and Drew are Factionless, it wasn't the victory I was hoping for, but it is a victory nonetheless. I stood and stared at the rankings when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see those deep blue eyes that mesmerize me. It's Tobias.

"Do you think a hug would give away too much?" He asks with a smile.

"You know what, I don't really care." I state.

He opens his mouth to say something, but I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. We stay that way for a long time, my hand on his chest, his arm wrapped around the small of my back. We only pull apart when someone pulls us apart, literally

"When did... This happen?" a very annoyed Christina asks

"Umm..." Tobias tries to say, but he's at a loss for words. She caught him off guard. 

"About the middle of stage two." I state.

"Why didn't you tell me? I mean, I told you about Will, yet you didn't tell me you are dating our instructor?" She yells.

"We didn't want anyone to think my rank was based off his favoritism." I say calmly 

"Oh, that makes since." She says. I'm glad she understands.

We were all talking when we hear a screaming Uriah.

"I have two questions 1) How did you beat me in rankings?! And 2) When did this happen?" He says pointing at me and Tobias' clasped hands.

"Like Tris told Christina, about the middle of stage two." Tobias says.

"Okay, hey there will be a Candor or Dauntless party at my house tonight." Uriah says.

"Okay see you later" I say.

"Come with me." Tobias says.

"Okay, where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise." he says with a grin.

"Fine," I say.

We leave the cafeteria and walk down a series of hallways. I have no idea where we are going, until I hear the roar of rushing water. The chasm. Our spot. He grabs my hand and leads me down a narrow path and goes to sit on a rock, leaving enough room for me to sit. He pulls me into his chest so now my head is resting on his shoulder, or close to it, anyways. I can hear the beating of his heart. I close my eyes and breathe in his scent, a scent I've associated with safety. (even though we are only feet above the rushing water of the chasm, I feel safe.) He pulls away and reaches into his pocket. He pulls out a long black box with a ribbon on top.

"Here," he says, "Open it."

Obediently, I open the box. Inside, is a simple necklace with one charm. A black jewel surrounded by little grey jewels.

"The small grey jewels represent your birth faction, Abnegation. While the large black jewel represents your transfered faction, Dauntless." He says with a smile.

"Awww, it's beautiful!" I exclaim. "You know, I think you are going soft." I say teasing him.

"What?! No way! Okay, maybe a little soft, but only for you." he says. "Here, let me help you put it on," he says motioning for me to turn around.

I turn around, pulling my dirty blonde hair that goes down to the bottom of my shoulder blades over my right shoulder. He clasped the chain and told me to turn back around. I turn back, and he brings me into another hug, tightly. I close my eyes and hold him tighter than he is holding me, if that was even possible.

"We should get back, they will start asking questions." I say opening my eyes slightly.

He kisses the top of my head, my forehead, the tip of my nose, then my lips. 

"Okay," he said quietly.

A/N What did you think about the first chapter? I hope you all liked it! Just saying, this is my first fanfiction ever, so I don't know how well it will be, but I will leave that up to you decide. Remember, READ, COMMENT, and VOTE! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily                                                                                                                                                                                  Be brave!