Simulation Bound

Tobias' POV (I don't know why I keep writing in his POV lol)

Ms. Olyvia just left, after telling us all that I could take Thalia home today, but Tris and Sarah Jane had to stay a few more days. I'm not sure why, she was talking medical and I was utterly confused. Thalia wasn't even paying attention after your Daddy can take you home today!. I don't blame her. 

"Come on, Thalia. Let's go home!" I say to her with enthusiasm and Tris smirks I point my finger at her and say "Shut up." She smiles and raises her hands in surrender.

"Yay, we gets to go home!" Thalia cheers and grasps my hand. I had taken the cat carrier, and the cats, back home earlier so we don't have to do it now. I decide to carry Thalia home so I place my arms under her legs and lift her so she is situated on my hip. 

I go over to Tris' bedside and kiss her forehead and mouth slowly and tell her I'll come back soon. 

"I love you." She mumbles to me and turns to Thalia. "And I love you."

"I wove you, too, Mama." Thalia whispers and wraps her small, frail, and bruised arms around Tris. "Come on, Daddy. Let go home." Thalia buries her head in my shoulder, since she's too small to reach my neck. I carry Thalia out of the hospital room just as Tris takes Sarah Jane, who had begun to wail loudly, and cradle her to her chest.

"Four! Four, come here!" A voice shouts. I roll my eyes and walk over slowly, since I've now noticed that he had fallen asleep with her head on my chest. 

"What?" I hiss and place my hand on the back of Thalia's head to keep her steady.

"It-it's Nemewey... I think she's under a sim. Her face is so pale, her voice so emotionless... Four, this isn't the Nemewey I know. Please, please help her." Nickolas chokes, fighting back tears. He fell in love with her during their initiation, I could see it. It was plain as day, they had what Tris called 'eye love' (Nem, I have no idea where this came from... Love you, buddy! And... Prince Henry Leon Michael III)

"What do you mean 'simulation'?" I whisper harshly, my hand still lodged on Thalia's blonde head.

"What do you think I mean?" He growls "She was a former Erudite, and Jeanine hates her for leaving! Her family is Erudites, maybe Jeanine threatened them... I-I don't know what's wrong with her, she-"

"Nicolas! Nicolas, something... Something's happened! She's not breathing! She's not moving, I I think she's dead, or..." A voice cries. Nicolas and I, Thalia still cradled in my arms, rush over to the chasm. Nemewey lies motionless, her blonde hair and one arm slung over the side of the chasm, as if she was contemplating jumping in, as if deciding life and death; weather she should live or die, but her body gave out. 

Nicolas rushes over to her limp, tenseness body and pulls her head into his lap and begins to wail. His fingers stoke her head, his tears hit her pale face. 

"Nem-"He chokes and covers his mouth to conceal a sob. I notice Zeke and Uriah standing off to the side, looking pale and just as shocked as the rest of us. I hurry over just and Zeke notices Thalia and I's presence and Zeke jabs Uriah in the ribs.

"Hey," Zeke greets and Uriah smiles slightly, but it doesn't reach his eyes. 

"Zeke, can you hold Thalia? She's asleep, I have to take her home, but I have to help Nicolas." I ask and Zeke nods, holding his arms out for Thalia. Uriah grins. "Thank you."

"Anything for Ten." Zeke says then grins. I roll my eyes and go back to help Nicolas. 

"Come on, we have to get her to the infirmary." I say softly and he nods. He gathers her in his arms and begins to run down the dusty corridors and around corners. I go back over to Zeke to find that Thalia has woken up again.

"Daddy?" Thalia mumbles as Zeke hands her off to me. She lays her head on my shoulder and begins to drift off to sleep once again. Zeke squeals loudly and Thalia's head shoots up. I glare.

"Sorry, it was just so cute!" He squeals like a young child.

"Shut up." I growl and begin to walk off with Thalia cradled in my arms. 

"Se you, Father!" Zeke jokingly shouts.

"I will throw you into the chasm, once I take her home." I add the last part softly. I hear Zeke and Uriah break into laughter. 

* * * * 

"Thalia, we're home." I whisper. She lifts her head sleepily and rubs her eyes. When shes that we are home, her eyes light up. 

"I missed home." She mumbles. I nod and set her down. She runs off into her bedroom, her small footsteps muffled by the carpeting. Thalia comes back a moment later with a doll clutched in her hand. "Lookie who I gots!" 

"You got your doll!" I say with pretend enthusiasm. She grins broadly and nods eagerly. "I'm going to make supper, do you want to help?" She shakes her head no, but still follows me into the kitchen. 

"Can Is go play upstairs?" She asks softly.

"If you want to," I say and she nods again. "Then okay, I'll call you down when supper is done." 

"When Mama come home?" She asks sorrowfully.

"I'm not sure, but soon, Thalia, soon." I respond. She looks up at me, grins, and wraps her arms around my waist.

"I wove you, Daddy." She mumbles and pulls back. "I's going to go play now." 

* * * * 

"Thalia!" I call. "Thalia, come on down!" 

"Okie." She responds and her soft footsteps patter down the hall and steps.

I set the table, but only to place settings instead of three. Thalia comes into the dinning room slowly ad sits down in her spot, which is on one side of the table. Tris sits at the end to her right, me to her left. I set down her supper, her favourite, spaghetti. 

She just looks at her plate, never eating anything. She mumbles with her hands and avoids my gaze. 

"What's wrong, Thalia?" I ask softly. She looks up at me with eyes full of tears and sorrow. 

"I scared." She pulls her legs to her chest and buries her face into her knees and cries softly. I stand up and place my hand on her back soothingly. She looks up at me again and crawls into my arms and pulls her legs into my lap.

"It's okay, Thalia. They can't hurt you anymore, I promise." I pause and listen to her soft cries of fear and pain. "They will never hurt you again."

"You promise?" She pulls away from my chest and wipes her puffy cheeks on her sleeve. 

"I promise." I respond, and she nods and lays her head on my chest again. 

"I not hungry." She mumbles. "I's sleepy." 

"You're always sleepy," I joke and she smiles slightly. "But I'll take you to bed." 

I lift her from her chair and carry her upstairs. Once we get into her room, I pull out her black nightgown. She pulls of her day clothes and puts it on after. Slowly, I lift her up and tuck her into her bed with deep red sheets and overflowing stuffed animals, almost all from the gang. I swear, they spoil her more than her grandparents do.

She pulls her teddy bear to her chest and places her second favourite stuffed animal, a stuffed frog with a bow tie and glasses-- from Will, obviously--  under her head. I kiss her forehead gently when I hear her mumble softly, "I wove you, Daddy."

"Love you, Thalia." I whisper as I click her nightlight-- a figure of a flower-- and turn off the overhead (the main light thingy).

Hi. Okay, Nem, I have no idea where I got the idea for your character, but... I'll explain it all later. Hope y'all liked it! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily
Be brave