Bloody Knuckles

**Chapter title credited to: nevaehc3703, hope you don't mind my using it *smiles* **

Tobias' POV

"Would you shut up?" I hiss at the cat carrier. Those stupid things won't shut up! 

"Four, why the h*** are you carrying a cat cage?" Peter's voice growls. 

"For your information, this is my daughters pet and she hasn't seen then in a few months since she's in the hospital, I've made arrangements to take them into her." I say simply and continue walking.

"Daughter? You mean that weak little thing that Marcus and Evelyn kidnapped?" He hisses. I place the cat carrier on the ground, a little bit harder than I meant, and stare right at Peter's disgusting face.

"You can talk s*** about me, but when you start talking s*** about my family, about my daughter, well, that's a death wish." I seethe.

"What can you do to stop me? The weak child has already proven herself, as has that stupid, ignorant thing you call a wife." He looks me over from head to toe, trying to size me up. I snap. I grab him by his collar and slam him against the stone wall, but nobody stops to help him. Nobody comes to stop me from killing him.

"You do not talk about her that way, about Thalia or Tris." I growl in his ear and slam his against the wall once more. That's when I begin to punch. I punch him again, and again, and again. I don't know where I'm hitting him; or even if I am hitting him. I'm in a blind fit of rage, I am no better than him.

And as I stop my forceful swing, a glint of humor appears behind the coat of red covering his face. He grins, a painful, sadistic grin, and says: "You think you're able to protect them, do you? Heed my warning, Number Boy, they are not safe. The false sense of safety you have pressed into their shallow minds in redundant, nobody can save them." He spits blood out of his mouth, through his whit teeth coated in red and grins again "They are the perfect subjects." 

"Shut up!" I hiss and knee him in the gut and watch him crumple to the cold, dusty floor. I step back, my heat hammering in my chest, behind my rib cage, and I watch the limp body of my foe lie motionless.

Without haste, I grab the cat carrier and rush back to Tris and Thalia's hospital room. 

* * * * 

"Shut up, I can still stuff you!" I threaten the cats and set the cat carrier beside the door and walk into the hospital room.

Tris sits up, Thalia in her lap, with a black hairbrush clutched in her right hand, brushing out Thalia's tangled mess of blonde hair. They haven't noticed me. 

"Mama, can you sing song?" Thalia whispers and Tris laughs.

"What song? There are lots of songs." Tris comments, now it's Thalia's turn to laugh.

"Pretend it home." Thalia declares and I can't help but grin.

"Pretend it's Home?" Tris questions and Thalia nods. "Okay," 

Then she begins to sing:

  Cause the view from the top

Is beautiful but fleetingThe world seems to stopBut looks can be deceivingYou're surroundedBut you'll always be aloneSo pick a place, pretend it's home

I'm a secret, I'm a lie
I'm the weakness I despise
I am selfish, I am brave
I'll prove to you that I am not afraid  

I slowly clap and Thalia jumps, placing her hand over her chest, as if to clam her racing heart, as she has seen Tris do many times. 

"Daddy, you back!" Thalia cheers, and Tris has to restrain her from jumping out of the bed. I now notice that her blonde hair is now untangled and falls in stringy waves past her shoulders. She is a perfect mixture of Tris and I. 

"Yeah, and I have a surprise!" I say to her and Thalia's eyes light up, whereas Tris looks confused. "Hey, the C-A-T-S." I spell out, since Thalia can't spell yet. This causes Tris to be even more confused.

"What is it?!" Thalia asks with enthusiasm.

"Well, let's see, shall we?" I open up the door and clutch the dark handle onto of the cat carrier and drag the stupid balls of fur into the hospital room.

"Kitties!" Thalia exclaims. 

"Yep, they missed you." I open the carrier and pull out a struggling D.P. and set her on Thalia's lap. She holds the cat like it's some foreign, dangerous object, not her usual confidence that could result in carelessness.

"Tobias," Tris whisper yells. I glance over and slowly pick Thalia, and D.P. up and place them on her own bed and walk back to Tris, who looks less confused, but more panicked. 

"Yeah?" I whisper and kiss her forehead gently. She grabs my hand and stares at my knuckles. 

"What did you do? Did you kill someone for goodness sake?" Tris mumbles and runs her finger over my knuckles, which are coated in Peter's blood, dried and sticky now. 

"Peter he..." I glance over at Thalia and sigh. "I'll tell you later." 

"Okay." She pulls my body toward her own and presses her head to me chest, and her finger play at the collar of my shirt as my arms snake around her waist, holding her to myself. Thalia busies herself with D.P., somehow retrieving Bells as well. 

The white bassinet beside Tris' beside rocks slowly, and Sarah Jane sleeping peacefully inside. I step away from Tris' beside and slowly pick the sleeping figure of Sarah Jane into my arms. She yawns slightly and buries her head in my chest and sighs blissfully. Tris squeals. 

"Shouldn't you be used to this after Thalia?" I joke. She shakes her head.

"Nope. It's still the cutest thing I've ever seen." She smiles. I roll my eyes and bounce Sarah Jane lightly and pat her back gently.

Thalia talks softly to each of the cats and I smile. We are all together again, and I don't ever plane on letting them in harms way ever again.

I have a serious case of writers block and have no idea where I'm headed, if you have any ideas, anything at all, good or bad, please message me. If I do use of of y'all's ideas, I'll give you credit. Also, nevaehc3703, I hope you don't mind that I used one of your chapter titles. Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily
Be brave