Great... My brother and Boyfriend Hate Each Other...

Tris' POV 

I wake up with a dull throb in my knee.

Glancing around my room, I notice Tobias has his hand clasped around mine. 

His eyes are closed and his breathing is even, I think he's asleep.

How long have I been here?

I reach up and cup the side of his face, my thumb moving idly across his cheekbone.

His breaths hitch and he opens his ocean blue eyes.

"You're awake!" He cheers.

I laugh and nod my head.

"How long have I been here?" I ask, my voice horse.

"A few hours, they accidentally gave you too much medicine and you slept longer than they thought," he explains and kisses the top of my head gently.

"What's wrong with my knee? Did they find out?"

"Yeah, they said the tendons are messed up, and you have to wear a knee brace," He looks down.

I grabbed his chin and forced him to look at me.

"Why are you sad, Tobias?" I whisper.

"I feel like it's my fault. That... That if I hadn't agreed to meet Evelyn, this wouldn't have happened,"

He looks at me, his blue eyes filled with sorrow.

"Tobias, look at me. this is, in no way, your fault. If it wasn't for you, I would be lying six feet under (no pun intended)," I say and gently caress his face.

He smiles, slightly, and kisses me.

"Beatrice?!" A high pitched voice calls.

Tobias growls at the person and pulls away.

Standing in the doorway, dressed in Erudite blue, is my brother.

"Caleb, what are you doing here?" I snap.

"I could ask you the same thing, Beatrice," Caleb says.

"It's just Tris, now," I bark.

Tobias places his hand on top of mine, calming me. 

"Who are you?!" Caleb growls through clenched teeth.

"My boyfriend, Four," I say.

"You look a bit older than that..." Caleb mutters.

"It's a nickname a**hole," Tobias growls.

Caleb throws his hands up in defence.

"Why are you here?" I bark.

"I was told a Dauntless was nearly murdered, and needed physical therapy, but I think I have the wrong room," He places his hand on the doorknob, but Tobias stops him.

"No, Caleb, you have the correct room," Tobias spits the word Caleb like venom.

What a great first big brother-boyfriend meeting, right?

"What? Beatrice, you where almost killed?" Caleb griminced.

"It wasn't her fault, nose," Tobias countered.

They really hate each other...

Ya think?!

You again?!

I'm in your head, I'm gonna be here.

Ugh, at least we agree on one thing.

That is?

The fact that Caleb and Tobias hate each hate each other.

True.

"Well, Beatrice, what happened?" Caleb questioned.

"Four's half sister, though we didn't know they were related at the time, hates me. So, she tried to push me off a moving train. T-Four helped me back on, I didn't realize that I'd hit my knee until after," I explain.

"So this is his fault?" Caleb points to Tobias.

Tobias stands up, but I grab his hand and pull him back down. He shoots daggers with his eyes at Caleb.

"No, Caleb, it was not Four's fault, if it wasn't for him, I would be lying six feet under (again, no pun intended)," I say, quoting what I had said earlier.

Caleb rolls his eyes at the way I speak of Tobias.

"Let me see your knee," Caleb says harshly.

Tobias stands up and pulls the covers, which are covering from my waist down, though I'm in this stupid hospital gown, and gasps as he sees my knee.

Why's that everyone's reaction?!

Probably because your knee is the size of a purple balloon.

I really hate you...

So you hate yourself?

Smarta**...

Ugh.

Hmph

Caleb places his hand on my knee, it's smooth. He squeezes slightly and I wince in pain.

Tobias stands and pulls Caleb away.

"Can't you see she's in pain?!" Tobias growls and grasps Caleb's collar, getting a fistfull of blue fabric, and lifting him off the ground.

Caleb squirms in his grasp and I smirk, placing my hand on the small of his back.

He sighs, and drops Caleb to the ground. He crawls away from Tobias.

I laugh and kiss him.

Caleb sits in shock.

"He just lifted me six inches (Okay... That pun was intended) off the ground and you're kissing him?!" Caleb growls.

I smirk, "Yep," and kiss him again.

Caleb rolls his eyes.

"You know, I still need to finish your examination, so could you quit kissing the Dauntless idiot for five seconds?"

Tobias glares at Caleb, causing Caleb to sink back.

Tobias smirks.

Caleb comes over and finishes my knee examination, writes doctor stuff on a piece of paper, says more doctor stuff that I don't understand, then leaves.

"Finally," Tobias groans.

I laugh.

"Glad you two like each other so much,"

"We do, we would both like to strangle each other," Tobias smiles a crooked grin and I roll my eyes.

How did I fall in love with this idiot?

Hiya, initiates! Two updates in one day? I'm on a roll! Hope y'all enjoyed! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily
Be brave