Found Again

Tobias' POV

Tris has been in the hospital for just over two months and she has been in and out of consciousness. She still hasn't met Sarah Jane, but I bring her in every day to see her, even though she doesn't know it. The initiates came last week, so I have had even less time with Tris and Sarah Jane. There is still no lead on Thalia.

I gently stroke Tris' knuckles when the door flies open. Mae wheels in with incredible speed. She has had to stay in the wheelchair since Tris and I got engaged. She has been to physical therapy, but no luck. Mae pants heavily and heels to my Tris' bedside.

She looks up at me with wide eyes and says one name, "Evelyn." 

"What about Evelyn?" I ask frantically.

"Evelyn, Marcus, Al, Peter, and Eric... They have... They have Thalia... She's at... She's at Factionless... They've found her..." She pants and as the phrase 'They've found her' comes out of her mouth, I'm on my feet.

"They've found her?" I ask once more, just to make sure I'm not dreaming. She nods and crosses her arms over her belly.

"Yes, Tobias. They found Thalia." Mae whispers.

"Stay with Tris," I say and grab the door handle and look back at Mae, "I'm going to get my baby girl." 

"I already called everyone, they're in the waiting room." Mae smiles.

"Thank you," I breathe and walk out the door with one final glance at Mae and Tris.

* * * * 

"Time to jump." Zeke says and I walk over to the opening just as Zeke jumped out, and I follow right behind.

I run over uneven ground with Zeke by my side and the rest of the gang following close behind.

"Do you know where she is?" Zeke asks.

"No, but I know who does." I say sternly.

We past by many Factionless who give us strange looks but we press forward, until we reach Evelyn's office. I don't even bother to knock, I just throw the door open. Evelyn sits at her desk, she has a split lip.

"Where is Thalia?" I ask in a voice sterner than my instructor voice. I sound like... Marcus. 

"What on Earth are you talking about, Tobias?" Evelyn snaps.

"I know you took my daughter, where is she?" I hiss, venom in my voice.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about, Tobias. Where's the blonde b****?" Evelyn snaps through gritted teeth.

"Laying unconscious in a hospital bed due to a train accident. Your daughter, my sister, is with her and our daughter. Now, where the h*** is Thalia?" 

"Like I said, Tobias, I don't know where your d*** daughter is!" She is one her feet and shouting. Zeke comes up behind me and starts yelling at her.

The door opens again and Marcus walks in. His eyes widen at the sight of me and he tries to walk out, but Uriah grabs his collar and shoves him into the wall. He looks back at me.

"Come on, Four.  He knows where Thalia is!" Uriah shouts. Him and Thalia had a very close relationship and other than Tris and I, he took her disappearance the hardest. 

"I know," I walk over and take his collar out of Uriah's fist and shove him to the wall myself. "Where is my daughter, you son of  b****?" He just laughs. I shove him into the wall again and knee him in the gut.

"Marcus, where is Thalia?" Zeke snarls.

"I don't-" I knee him in the gut again. "Fine, she's-"

"Marcus, don't you dare say a word." Evelyn growls.

"She's at Evelyn's apartment, that's all I know, I swear." He says and I punch him in the jaw again then let him fall to the floor.

"Restrain her." I point to Evelyn and Zeke and Uriah grab her by her arms and drag her out of her office.

Thalia's POV

I'm scared. It's dark and small. I just want my Mama and Daddy. The man with green eyes just left. He struck me a lot and it hurt. 

My skin is now strangely purple and blue with little bits of yellow. I now can barely see normal skin colour. There are lumps at odd places on my body which I think are called bones and they show like that when someone doesn't eat enough. 

I saw that Mama had some spots like that one day, but she wouldn't tell me what it as from. She was real sad about it.

There is a loud noise outside and I huddle closer to the wall. I'm scared. I don't want those men or that mean lady to come back. She kept calling me "Annabelle". I don't know why. She tells me that 'nothing can hurt me now' and 'I'm right here'. She scares me and when I say that I'm not Annabelle, she screams that I'm wrong and then the men come in and hurt me.

The noise gets closer and I clamp my hands over my ears. I begin to pray; what Mama and Daddy taught me to do when I'm scared. It helps to know that you are never really alone, when when your world is empty and broken. 

"Thalia? Are you in here?" I hear a voice call. I don't dare answer.

"Thalia? It's us, your family." Another voice calls.

"Baby girl, where are you? Can you hear me?" I know that voice. It's Daddy. And Uncle Uriah. And Uncle Zeke.

Slowly, I crawl out of the closet. The door creaks and I freeze. What if it really isn't them? Footsteps come closer and I begin to panic. Two figure walk into the small room and one is a face I could never forget. Daddy.

"Thalia." He gasps and rushes over to me, Uncle Zeke behind him. He crouches net to me and pushes a strand of tangled blonde hair out of my face and kisses my forehead gently. I jump into his warm arms and bury my head in his neck, sobbing gently.

"Daddy, you came. You finally came." I sob and he strokes my back soothingly.

"Your Mama will be so happy when she sees you." He mumbles "You are so beautiful." 

I don't know why he thinks I'm pretty, especially now. But I ignore it and hug him tighter.

"Come on, let's get out of here." Daddy slowly stands and cradles me in his arms and I hold onto him for dear life. I'm finally out of that horrid place.

Okay, this is one of my favourite chapters! And the thing with "Annabelle" will come back in and be explained later on. Hope y'all liked it! Remember: READ, VOTE and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily
Be brave