Can We Get One?

Tris' POV (back to after they talked with Sarah)

"Four, put me down, now!" I scream while pounding on his back

"Let me think about it..." He smirks "No"

"Ugh!"

I end up giving up because I'm not going to win.

As we continue our walk through the Pit, we get some strange looks.

It probably does look kinda weird. I mean, the legendary Dauntless protoge Four has a small little Abnegation turned Dauntless on his shoulder.

Eh, this is Dauntless, what do you expect?

We are walking past some stores when I see one that catches my eye.

"Look, Toby, a pet store! Can we stop? Please!" I exclaimed.

He rolls his eyes, but puts me down

"YAY!" I squeal in excitement

We walk up and down the rows of pets. They are the cutest things ever! Dang, I sound like an Amity.

I stop in front of a row of kittens. A grey-white cat and black cat play with each other until they notice me.

"Four, can we get on?" I sound like a five year old, but I really want a kitten.

He looks at the kittens, at me, then back to the kittens. He seems deep in thought.

"Fine, which one?" He asks smiling.

"Wait, really?" I did not expect him to say yes.

"Yes, really, but hurry before I change my mind" he jokes.

"Umm... I like the grey-white one, which one do you like?" I tell him

"I prefer the black one."

"Why don't we get both?"

"Okay, I like that idea."

We call over a sales person guy and tell him the ones we want, and he shows us the supplies we will need.

There is a lot. Cat food, bowls, toys, cat box, cat litter, cat bed (some isn't necessary but...)

The sales person guy put the two kittens into a crate and handed them to me along with a bag of toys and treats for the cats.

Tobias can carry the rest. I'm so nice aren't I?

"Come on, let's get them home." I say grabbing the baggie and cat crate.

"Coming," Tobias says grabbing everything else. Which, surprising, isn't that much.

We are walking back, talking about cat names, when I hear a name I never thought I would hear again.

"Beatrice?" The voice calls

"Uri, you Pansycake, I thought I told you not to call me that" I say turning around

"Beatrice, who is 'Uri'?" The voice calls

"Who-- MOM! DAD!" I scream, nearly dropping the cat crate.

Tobias is now looking behind him as well.

"What are you guys doing at Dauntless?" I question.

"We just got out of a faction meeting and we thought we would come and see you." My mother says

"We ran into a mocha skinned boy, said his name was Uriah, I think. He said we could find you at apartment 1046, and to be warned that you might be with a scary guy with a number for a name. Five, I think" my father adds.

Tobias starts laughing.

"His name is Four, and he's not scary." I defend.

Tobias is still laughing

"Shut up, Four!" I snap. He shuts up.

"I thought I recognized you! You were Tris' trainer!" My mom exclaims.

"Hello, Trissy, Number Boy, and Stiffs." Uriah says walking up.

"Was this who you ran into?" Tobias questions

"Yes, he seems like a kind and quiet boy." My mother says.

Now me and Tobias are laughing our heads off. Uriah scowls.

"He is *laugh* anything *pant* but *laugh* quiet!" I exclaimed.

"Wait, hey, Stiffs, did you tell them what I said about her scary boyfriend?" Uriah asked panicking

"Wait... Boyfriend?!?!" My father screams

"Aww! They are so cute together!"My mom squeals

Me and Tobias both exchange nervous glances.

"Well, did you tell them?!" Uriah exclaimed

"Yes they did, Uri. If I was you, then I would run, because dauntless proteges don't like it when you talk bad about my boyfriend to my parents!" I hiss and Uriah looks at me, then my parents, then Tobias.

"Well... Mr and Mrs Tris's Parents, Trissy, Number Boy, I will see you all later!" Uriah screams while running away, well not fast enough because I grab the back of his shirt, collecting a fistful of dark fabric. I kneel down and put him in a headlock. Again.

"Uriah Pedrad! Take. It. Back. Now!" I snarl.

"Fine, Tris, geez." He says and I release him.

I look back and look at my parents

Oops. I forgot they were here...

"Umm... Mom, dad, why don't you come back to our apartment and we can talk there." I say grabbing the cat cage and baggie in one hand, and lacing Tobias' fingers with my own in the other.

Hiya, people! So... Tris' Parents came back and now they kinda know about Tris and Tobias' relationship. Will they approve? Anyways, I think I may add in a major plot twist! BTW, this will have NOTHING to do with the Divergent plot, but still have some plot. Does that make sense? What do you think the twist will be? Hint, hint, it has to do with Tobias. There will be gradual hints along the way, but nothing that is a dead giveaway. Also, first person to guess what is up with Tobias will win a shoutout and a chapter dedicated to them! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily                                                                                                                                                                              Be brave