Familiar

I turn back to the initiates and see their progress. Most are okay, but others are struggling. Big time. The only Abnegation transfer, Sarah, is really struggling.

"Four, can you come help me?" Gracie says, twirling her hair around her finger.

I look at her, then to Four and we share the same look.

"Six, will you help Gracie while I go help Ian?" he says and I smile.

"Sure," I say walking over to Gracie and he walks over to Ian.

Neither look happy.

"Your holding the gun to high," I say examining her stance. "Your legs are to close together," I add, 

"Why don't you help me instead of criticizing me?" she snaps

"I can't help you unless I know what you are doing wrong," I challenge, "Which is a lot"

"I bet Four would be able to help me more, I mean look at you. You look like you are twelve. How did you pass initiation?" she says with a smirk.

"Nobody asked for which instructor you wanted, and for the record, I came in first in my initiation." I snap, "And I'm 17, for your information."

"Whatever, I think I've got it now." she says

"Fine," I hiss as I turn on my heel and walk away.

I walk in a straight line past the initiates multiple times.

Back and forth

Back and forth

I stop when I reach Sarah, the Abnegation transfer. She holds the gun like it will break with the slightest touch. She is like me, afraid of the, originally, foreign object. She looks familiar, but I don't know how. 

"It's okay, you need to hold the gun with confidence, don't be afraid of it." I say placing a hand on her shoulder.

She looks me dead in the eye and says,

"I don't know how I'm going to pass initiation..." she mutters

"hey, look at me," I say, "You can do this, I know it" 

She looks at me with pure eyes. They are a deep shade of blue--a strange colour. She also has a hooked nose with stick-out ears.

"Thank you, Six" She says

"No problem, if you need help come see me or Four, we will help." I say

"Okay, I will," she finishes and turns back to the target and fires one bullet.

Dead center.

I smile, knowing that I helped. I walk back over to Tobias and smile.

"That Abnegation transfer will do good," I say.

"She reminds me of you," he states looking in my plain, grey eyes.

"Why?" I ask, slightly confused

"For one, she's blonde and from Abnegation. Secondly, she seemed afraid of the gun at first, but as she gained more confidence, she excelled." he says sweetly

It feels weird to compare someones progress to me, but it still feels weird. I turn to the initiates and yell,

"Initiates, it's time for lunch, you have thirty minutes, GO!" I shout

Once every initiate is gone, I turn to Tobias and gently kiss him.He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer. I wrap my arms my small arms around his neck,

"WOAH! Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything!" Sarah screams.

I pull away, but keep my pale arms around his torso.

"It's okay, what do you need?" I say

"I-I forgot my jacket..." she mutters.

"Oh," I say, turning to Tobias and pressing my face into his chest. I would press my head to his shoulder, but I'm only 5'2 and he's like 6'2 so there's kind of a height difference.

"Come on, let's go eat," he says 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You will do knife throwing now" Tobias says and turns to me, "Six, will you show them an act of bravery?" he asks with a smirk.

I know he wants to throw knives at me, and I want him to. It's kind of our thing.

"Sure," I smirk and walk up to the target and press my back to the rough wood. My head still only comes to about the middle of the target. 

He throws the first knife, and it hits abut 5 inches away from my arm.

"You about done Stiff?" he jokes. I hate that nickname, Stiff 

"No, not a chance!" I laugh

he throws the next knife and it lands right above my head.

"Is that all you got, Stiff ?" I smirk, using his own nickname against him. He doesn't really care anymore if people know he's from Abnegation, as long as they don't know why he left.

"Haha," he says sarcastically.

"You better not do what you did last time! JUst so you know, I still have the scar!" I joke.

"No promises," he replies

He throws the third and final knife and I feel a warm burning sensation by my ear. I press my finger to the tip of my ear and then pull it away. As I had guessed, it is red with blood. I can't believe it! He did it again! He cut my ear again!

"You did it again!" I scream, but I'm not really mad.

"Oops, sorry!" he replied sarcastically. I roll my eyes.

"Initiates, grab three knives and pick a target," I say wiping my ear with a piece of cloth. They just stand there. "I meant do it now!"

We throw knives for the rest of the day. Tomorrow we will fight.

*waves shyly* Hi, sorry I didn't do the double update, hope you're not mad. Since I didn't do that, I made this chapter kind of long to make up for it :) What do you think of the character, Sarah, the only Abnegation transfer? does she sound familiar? Well, you will find out soon! Remember: READ, COMMENT, and VOTE! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily                                                                                                                                                                              Be brave