"You Look Like A Wet Rat!"

* * * * Time lapse: About five months * * * *

Thalia's POV

"Thalia... Thalia, time to wake up," Mama's soft voice wakes me from my good dream.

"Do I have school today, Mama?" I mumble.

"No, today's Saturday, you, your daddy and I are going over to Uncle Zeke's house to play a game. Doesn't that sound fun?" I hear Mama clap her hands and I spring from bed.

"Are we gonna play Candor or Dauntless?!" I shout. I have always wanted to be  part of King Zeke's Candor or Dauntless Parties. And I've always wanted to know how he came up with the name King Zeke's Candor or Dauntless Parties.

"Yes, now come on. We've got to be there in a hour." Mama goes over to my dresser and pulls out my plain purple dress with a flower on the right shoulder. Aunt Christina got it for me for my birthday.

I leap out of bed and let Mama help me put on my dress, then my Sunday shoes. Or my everyday shoes as daddy says because I wear them everywhere, not just church. That's why they are so worn and don't shine anymore. I like them better this way, anyways. Mama also puts my hair two pigtails. When she's sone, she claps her hands and shouts, "Done!" I giggle and rush into the kitchen and see Daddy cooking breakfast. Or trying, Daddy's not the best cook. I mean, he can cook, but not as good as Mama.

"What are you cooking?" I jump up on the kitchen counter and watch Daddy cook breakfast.

"Eggs and toast," He says and flips an egg.

"Okay," I jump down and run to find Mama.

I find her standing in her bedroom brushing out her hair and humming a song. Mama is so pretty. I only have one feature that looks like her, which is her hair. I mostly look like Daddy. I watch Mama put her hair brush down and walk to her closet. She pulls out an all black hoodie that is three sizes too big, it must be Daddy's. And with the baby bump, some of her clothes don't fit no more. I continue to watch Mama from the doorway until she turns around and sees me standing there.

She walks toward me and smiles. Mama crouches down and picks me up. She walks toward the mirror on the dresser and turn so we're looking at our reflection. She smiles at it and kisses my head. I love Mama.

* * * * 

Tris' POV

I scoop Thalia up into my arms and kiss her temple and she squirms and giggles. Soon, we are at Zeke's apartment. 

"Can I knock, Mama?" Thalia asks and I nod. She jumps out of my arms and knocks on the door rapidly, and Zeke opens the door.

"Why, hello, Ten." Zeke slurs. Is there a C or D party where Zeke isn't drunk?

"Hello, Uncle Zeke. Who's ten?" Thalia asks and Zeke laughs.

"You, of course. You are a mixture of Four and Six... hopefully... So you are Ten." Thalia laughs and Tobias and I glare at him. "Y'all here for C or D?"

"Yeah, can we come in yet, Zeke?" Tobias jokes and Zeke opens the door.

"Numbers are here!" He shouts to the gang, who is in the living room. Tobias and I roll our eyes but Thalia laughs.

"Okay, okay, let's start the game!" Shauna shouts.

"Well, this is a real special game," Zeke starts "This is Thalia's very first C or D game! She should go first!" Everyone claps and looks at Thalia.

Thalia's POV

Uncle Zeke said that it was my first C or D game, so I should go first. Now I'm nervous.

"Go on, Thalia, ask someone." Aunt Christina says softly.

"Um, okay. Daddy, uh, Dauntless or Candor?"  When I say that, everyone looks at Uncle Uriah and Aunt Lynn throws a pillow at him.

"Candor," Daddy replies.

"Um... Do you love Mama?" I asks softly.

"Yes, I do love your Mama, very much," Daddy replies and kisses the side of Mama's head.

"Four, ask someone," Uncle Uriah calls and Aunt Marlene rolls her eyes. I know that Daddy's nickname is Four, but I don't know why. and Mama is Six. I guess that's where Uncle Zeke got Ten, but I'm not sure. I'm not real good at math.

"Uriah, Candor or Dauntless?" Daddy asks.

"Dauntless, I ain't no Pansycake!" He shouts and Auntie Lynn throws another pillow at him.

"Fine, I dare you to go outside and mow the grass with an invisible mower" He then crosses his arms.

"Whatever," He stands up and walks out into the hall, then out the door (they live in an apartment thing for members, there is grass somewhere) And then pretends to start a mower and mow the law, earning strange looks from every person passing. He wipes the imaginary sweat off his brow and walks back to us but stops mid step and runs back to where he was and pretends to turn off the mower.

Thalia is laughing at how funny her Uncle Uriah is. It could aso be because Zeke is tickling her sides. She finally gets away and jumps into Tobias' arms. He scoops her up and glares at Zeke as Thalia buries her head in his neck.

"Come on, let's go back inside." Uriah leads the way back inside.

* * * * 

Tris' POV

The game has continued for about three hours, and Zeke just asked Tobias to choose his fate. Of course he choose Dauntless. Thalia has been listening intently to every dare and eventually had to g and hug Max, who thought it was the cutest thing ever. And that's coming from a Dauntless leader.

"Okay, Four. I dare you to outside and try and summon rain." Zeke smirks and Tobias rolls his eyes, but stands up and walks outside. 

"Rain!" He shouts and glares at the sky and we all laugh "I said rain!" He shouts again and we laugh harder, but I'm distracted by Thalia and Zeke running over to a garden hose. This isn't going to be goo.

Tobias keeps glaring at the sky when he's hit in the back with a jet stream of cold water. 

"What the--" He gets cut off by cold water in the face. "This is not what I meant by rain!"

We all laugh uncontrollably and he glances at me and smirks. Drenched in water, he comes over and engulfs me in his arms, soaking me just as much as him. He buries his head in my neck as I try and get away but he hold me tighter. I end up giving up and just laughing. That's when I feel the water.

Zeke still had the garden hose on full blast, with cold water, and lost control and it went everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. Tobias and I are now soaked to the bone. Tobias pulls back and laughs. Zeke runs over and starts laughing at me.

"You look like a wet rat!" He says and doubles over in laughter. I glare at him and say a few choice words when I make sure Thalia isn't listening.

"Come on, you Pansycakes!" Uriah shouts, the only one who is not soaking wet because he dived behind a tree.

Hello, Friends! Did y'all see the Criminal Minds reference? "You look like a wet rat!" (I think that's what was said, it may be a few words off) Hope y'all like it! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily

Be brave