Confrontation

Recap:

We see... 

Recap over.

Peter!

My mom, whom is Abnegation, has to slap Peter!

She walks up to him, acting like she is trying to start a conversation.

"Hello, Sir, I was wondering if you could help me." She says calmly, while me, Zeke, Uriah, Lynn, and Tobias are hiding behind a potted plant.

We are true Dauntless, right?

"I don't know who you are, lady, but you've got the wrong faction." he hisses.

I feel heat rush to my face.

How dare he disrespect my mother like that?!

Tobias must notice my discomfort because he moves and wraps his arms around my small body, engulfing me in a hug. I turn my body and nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck and breathe in his scent.

He smells like fresh air and peppermint, from the salve he uses to relieve his sore muscles and joints.

He smells safe; he smells like home.

The we hear a slap. The sound flesh against flesh. 

I burry my head farther into Tobias' neck.

I hear a sound that sounds like another purr.

It's Tobias.

I'm really confused, why is he purring?

"What the h*** was that for stiff?!" Peter barks. I pull my head away from Tobias' neck and look around the plant.

The sight I see horrifies me.

Peter has my mother pushed against a wall and has her right wrist in his left hand, his right hand raised in a fist.

I push myself out of Tobias' embrace and rush toward my mother, and her attacker.

"Peter, let my mother go. Now." I snarl, turning to 'Six'

"Why? So you could take her place?" He hisses

"Listen, I will tell you one time, and one time only: Let my mother go."

He releases her, but comes toward me.

He grabs my wrist and pushes me to the wall. He leans in close, real close, and whispers in my ear,

"Ya, know, it's a shame your scary boyfriend isn't here to protect you." 

I squeeze my eyes shut.

Tobias will come.He will.

I feel myself fall to the ground. Peter had my lifted a few inches off the ground, the only thing supporting my small body from hitting the hard floor.

I open my eyes and see Tobias standing over me, Peter lays a few feet to my left, unconscious.

I look up at Tobias, wanting to see his ocean blue eyes, but I don't.

They are not blue, there is no white along the outside.

It is red. Pure red.

"Tobias, your eyes..." I stutter, reaching up and placing my small hand on his large face. "Why are they red?"

"S***" he whispers, blinking his eyes rapidly.

The red is soon gone, and is replaced by the ocean blue eyes that I love.

"Toby, what's going on? Your eyes have been changing colour and you were purring when I hugged you. Please tell me what's wrong." I say, running my hand through his short brown hair.