Never Ever

I JUST FOUNT THIS SONG AND IT SAID, "I AM SELFISH, I AM BRAVE" AND I STOPPED BREATHING!!!!!

Tobias' POV

I cradle Thalia to my chest and run my hand up and down her back. Her breathing is even and she isn't moving, which tells me she fell asleep. I don't think she has been able to sleep soundly for months. Her clothes are baggy and sag on her frail limbs and her bones stick out at odd places, like Tris' did after Marcus hurt her.

"Is she okay?" Zeke asks.

"Yeah, just sleeping." I respond and play with a strand of her stringy blonde hair that is matted and dirty, desperately needing washed. 

"Are you going to take her to see Tris?" Uriah asks. I glare and Zeke slaps her on the back of his head. 

"Tris is her mom! Of course he's taking her to see Tris!" Zeke whisper yells, careful not to wake Thalia. I chuckle at their stupidity.

* * * * 

I walk up to Tris' hospital door and hear shouting. 

"What do you mean they got a lead?!" Tris shouts at, who I assume, is Mae.

"I don't know! He told me to stay with you and Sarah Jane!" Mae frantically responds. I open the door and see Tris sitting up in her hospital bed, Sarah Jane cradled to her chest.

"Tobias!" Tris shouts and her eyes fall on Thalia and her breaths hitch. "Is that Thalia?"

"Yeah, someone wants to see you." I say and take Thalia over to her bedside, she had woken up just before we got to the hospital and she smiles brightly when she sees her Mama.

"Mama!" Thalia cries and reaches for Tris. I sit her down on the side of the bed and take Sarah Jane out of her arms and Thalia flies into Tris' arms.

"My baby girl!" Tris cries and holds Thalia close to her chest, Thalia clinging on for dear life. Tris holds her like she will vanish into thin air if she doesn't hold her tight enough. Tris reaches out for me and laces her fingers with mine.

Tris' POV

Thalia is back, safe. My baby girl is home. I look up at Tobias, who has Sarah Jane cradled to his chest, and she is in the safest place she'll ever be. 

"Thalia, there's someone I want you to meet," I say softly and she looks at me with her big, blue eyes.

"Who?" Thalia asks softly. I gesture for Tobias to bring Sarah Jane over.

"This is Sarah Jane, your baby sister." Tobias says softly and Thalia reaches a shaky hand out to stroke Sarah Jane's puffy cheek. 

"She looks like Daddy," Thalia whispers and Tobias laughs.

"Yeah, your Daddy is her daddy, too. And I'm her Mama just like I'm your Mama. Do you understand, baby girl?"

"How are you and Daddy her Mama and Daddy if your mine?" Thalia asks softly, confusion in her voice.

"Um, well, you see..." Tobias stutters and I laugh.

"When you're older." I say through laughs. Thalia nods and snuggles back into my chest. I look up at Tobias. "Can you go see how much longer I have to stay here?"

"Yeah, be right back." He changes his grip on Sarah Jane and walks out the door, leaving Thalia and I alone.

"Are you alright, baby girl?" I whisper and stroke her cheek. She begins to cry.

"Uh-uh, I'm scared, M-Mama. R-real scared. The men... And t-that mean lady... She kept calling me 'Annabelle' and I d-don't know w-why. They h-hurt me." Thalia hiccups and her face shines with new shed tears.