Something Happened...

Thalia's POV

"Accio knife!" I whisper and point my hand at the stupid piece of steel in front of me. I keep trying to do the summoning spell, but it isn't working.

"What are you up to over here, Princess?" Daddy asks, walking away from the line of initiates.

"Trying the summoning spell on this knife... The stupid thing won't cooperate!" I shout and Daddy laughs.

"Well, try it again." He says and stands beside me and the knife.

"Accio knife!" I shout and Daddy pushes the blade toward me, I raise my eyebrows. "Really?" 

"Really, come on, it's almost time for lunch." Daddy says, I shiver. It is very cold in the training room for some reason. "Here, put this on." He hands me his hoodie and I slip it over my head, the smell that is distinctly him wafts into my nose. Soap, metal, and something like peppermint. 

"Are we going home first or straight to the cafeteria?" I ask once Daddy's finished dismissing the initiates. 

"Well, I'll drop you off at the cafeteria then go see your Mama and sister, is that alright?" He asks.

"Mhm, I'll talk with Uncle Zeke and Auntie Lynn." I say matter-of-factly. 

"Okay, let's go then." He holds out his hand and I slip my small hand into his, tucking my book under my arm. That's when I notice how big the hoodie really is. It comes down to my knees and Daddy laughs.

"It's not funny." I state and Daddy laughs again.

* * * *

"Uncle Zeke!" I shout and run toward him, finally releasing Daddy's hand. 

"Hey, Little Ten." He smiles.

"Hello," I say simply while sliding into the seat across from Uncle Zeke. Mama will sit next to me, Sarah Jane on her lap and Daddy beside her. It's how it always works in the cafeteria. 

"What book are you reading?" Uncle Will asks, swallowing a bite of whatever.

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." I say enthusiastically. "It's really good!" 

"Are we sure this is Four's kid?" Auntie Lynn asks sarcastically.

"Pretty sure, I mean, look at her! Same eyes, big nose, big lips, and stick out ears. She'a basically a ten year old version of Four... That's a girl." Uncle Uriah pauses what he was saying, clearly confusing himself. 

"But have you ever seen Four read? Seriously, he would never read-- what was that called again?" Auntie Lynn asks. 

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire." I say simply and unwrap the hamburger that Daddy just got me from the food line. 

"Exactly. When you see Four reading Harry Potter, run because something's going on." Auntie Lynn concludes, stabbing a green bean with her fork. 

"I can hear you, you know?" Daddy chimes in, kissing me on the head. "I'll be right back." 

"Where are you going?" Aunt Christina shouts.

"Places!" He calls over his shoulder.

"That hoodie is really big on you, Thalia." Aunt Shauna says.

"Duh, it's not mine, silly." I take a bite of my hamburger.

"You can clearly see it's a guys hoodie." Uncle Uriah comments.

"A hoodie is a hoodie," Auntie Lynn grumbles.

"Yeah, Auntie Lynn is right. It was cold in the training room." I shrug.

"Why am I Auntie?" Auntie Lynn grumbles again.

"Because I said so." I say. She rolls her eyes. Uncle Uriah and Uncle Zeke look at each other.

"That is Four's kid." They conclude. I roll my eyes and finish my hamburger.

* * * * 

"Hey, Baby girl." Mama whispers.

"Hi, Mama." I respond. She sits down next to me and rubs my back soothingly. Her eyes have dark bags under them and are bloodshot. She must be exhausted from caring for Sarah Jane all day. She's real sick. 

"Hey, Trissy." Uncle Uriah says, grinning.

"What?" She snaps.

"Dang, somebody's not in a good mood." He says sarcastically. She rolls her eyes and I rest my head on her arm.

"I'm not mad, I'm worried." She says simply, but catches a glimpse of me and stops talking. 

"Why are you worried, Mama?" I ask, but I hear a wail and a moan of pain. 

"Daddy! Mama, it hurts!" Sarah Jane wails and clutches small fistfuls of Daddy's dark shirt. He rubs her back soothingly and whispers to her. She continues to wail and moan in pain. "It hurts!"

"What's wrong with her?" Uncle Zeke asks, jumping from his seat and leaning over to help Daddy. Mama strokes Sarah Jane's blonde hair soothingly. Suddenly, the wails, the moans, stop. Mama gasps and Daddy leaps from his seat and clutches Sarah Jane in his arms, Mama following close behind. 

"Baby girl, you're going to stay with your Uncle Zeke and Aunt Shauna for a little while, okay? I love you." Mama says quickly and kisses my forehead. She then runs after Daddy, who is almost out of the cafeteria by now.

I sit wide eyed when Uncle Zeke pulls me into an embrace. He is like a second dad to me. I can't talk, I'm too scared, but I manage to croak out, "What happened to her?"

"I don't know, she was clutching her chest and just... Fainted." Uncle Zeke whispers and a single tear rolls down my cheek, which is followed by another, and another. I don't know what to do, so I cry into Uncle Zeke's shoulder.

Tris' POV

Tobias cradles Sarah Jane's limp, motionless body in his arms as he and I rush down halls and corridors, trying to get to the infirmary. All I can hear is the memory of her wails, her moans of pain. Until it was all silent, and my youngest daughter fell motionless in her father's arms.

"Help! Please, someone, she--" Tobias gets cut off my Ms. Olyvia, who seems to always be at the infirmary when we are here. 

"Four, what happened?!" She demands, he tries to speak, but no words come out. "Here, I'll take her back." 

"I'm coming, and so is Tris." Tobias says sternly.

"No, you can't. Stay here," She has sorrow in her eyes and her arms shook when Tobias handed her Sarah Jane. I walk over to him as he stands paralyzed. Slowly, I place my small hand on his broad shoulder and feel the muscles in his shoulder contract as every labored breath passes.

He turns and wraps his arms around my small frame, his calloused hands curve around my waist and onto the small of my back. I bury my face in his neck and feel his body shake with sobs.

"She just... I don't..." He stutters, his words thick with emotion. He takes deep breaths and buries his face in my hair. The doors open with a thud and Ms. Olyvia rushes out, her face fear streaked and her hands shaky.

"Something happened..." Those two words. Two simple words. It's shocking how much emotional damage two words can create. Something happened.

Uhh... *looks around shyly* it should get better? Hope y'all liked it! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily

Be brave