Chapter 58- ...Friends?

It had been about a month, possibly less, that one word hadn't been spoken between the blonde and the brunette. Draco was honestly scared to even look at Harry with all the kooky things that had been said and done by him. Plus the fact that every time they were near each other, Draco's constant headache grew stronger and sometimes he would even feel light headed. "It was downright mad,' he would say to Blaise and Pansy, who would then give disapproving look towards one another and then fakely agree.

Harry went into a fit of depression. He didn't want to eat, he couldn't sleep, and even if he did, he would have nightmares about the war or Draco. He didn't want to talk to anyone really. In fact he would be found in the library practically any time he didn't have classes. "It was downright mad," his friends would tell him, but he didn't care.

Pumblechook was ridiculously cruel to both of them, that was really the only thing that they had in common anymore. Harry, for the first time, was on the verge of failing DADA. All his other classes gave him sympathy, he had O's in every one. He didn't even turn in half of his work and he got full credit because all the teachers thought he was depressed because of the war. which was half correct.

Harry was walking around the corner to his common room just before midnight when he ran into a solid figure, sending them both to them to the ground.

"Damn it, Potter! I'd been doing such a good job staying away from you, and here you go screwing things up, again!" Draco's voice wasn't laced with as much malice as normal. It almost sounded sad, and Harry noticed as he recuperated from the floor. Only when he stood up was when he noticed the slytherin was holding his eye and his face was red.

"Maybe if you would watch where you were going instead of covering your eyes like a blindfold, we wouldn't be in this situation," he said, dusting off his robes.

"Whatever Potter, maybe next time you could be a little less daft and not run into me yourself," Draco said, turning and walking away, shielding his right eye.

"What happened to your eye? Did I do that to you," Harry asked, taking a step toward him.

"None of your business, Potter, just leave me alone!" He started to leave.

Harry grabbed his wrist and spun him around despite Draco's cries to be released.

"Malfoy, take off your hand. Malfoy let go," Harry chanted. " Malfoy, just please let go."

"No, Potter! You let go of me." Harry tightened his grip and used his other hand to take away Draco's that was covering his face.

His eye was red and completely swollen, yellow bruises already forming around it. Draco could barely open it and Harry could only see a sliver of the steel pigment of his irises. It was watering.

"Who did this to you?" Harry tried to keep his tone down and hid his immediate anger.

"No body, it doesn't matter," Draco bit, trying to cover his eye again but Harry kept his hand grasped to his wrist, holding down forcefully. "Why do you care?"

"Because!" Harry raised his hand and brought it to his face and just barely touched it before Draco winced in absolute pain, a yelp escaping his throat. "Sorry!"

"Damn you, Potter..."

"It's pretty serious. Come on, follow me," Harry said, not even giving the blonde a choice as he started pulling him in the direction of the Room of Requirement.

"Wait Potter, no! I-I can't," Draco stuttered and tried pulling away, afraid of the place where he was almost set ablaze, remembering being almost swallowed by flames. "Please, Potter!"