6

"You look like you're in dire need of a long soak in a bubble bath while sipping on champagne"

Jessica turned to smile at Mary with the best smile she could manage to summon in her tired state as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

"Bubble bath yes, champagne? I'm afraid a bottle of fruit juice from the corner store will have to do"

"You've been doing great here. I think you should spoil yourself this weekend."

"At least someone thinks so."

Mary sent her a sympathetic smile and she got the sudden need to bawl her eyes out and complain about her boss.

"I don't understand how you've worked with him this long without having an emotional breakdown. The man is emotionally detached and he never smiles. I can't seem to do anything right in his eyes."

"Try not to take it all personal dear."

"I'm afraid that's easier said than done." She said glancing over her shoulder to stare at his close office door. She sighed then left.

Now at home soaking in the tub, Jessica's mind was consumed with thoughts of Javier. For a minute today she thought he was going to kiss her in his office, that is until Logan intruded. Also for a minute she wanted it to happen, why? She wasn't sure yet.

What was really troubling her was the angry look on his face when she had accepted his best friend's invitation to dinner.

Why was he so angry? Am I not good enough to date his friend? I'll show him.

She climbed out of the tub and got dress for her night out with Logan. She wasn't a girl for a night on the town but that didn't mean she was without her little black dress. Every woman should own one. The dress was long sleeved with the back bared. The length? Well let's just say her brothers wouldn't approve. She took time to do her hair, something she never does and lightly applied some makeup.

Right on time Logan rang to say he was waiting outside and she slipped on her stilettos and went down to meet him.

"Well my my my. I do believe I'll be the envy of the club tonight" he said giving her an appreciative once over.

"Thank you but club? I thought we were going to dinner"

"We are. There's a restaurant above the club we'll eat there then go downstairs and dance the night away"

"Sounds good"

Despite the fact Jessica was feeling upset earlier in the evening, it turns out she was having so much fun with Logan. He was funny and surprisingly good company. He's a shameless flirt but they both knew they'd never be more than just friends.