19

Jessica stretched and opened her eyes

Jessica stretched and opened her eyes. She smiled as she remembered the tender kisses she shared with Javier last night. Whenever things had gotten too heated he would pull back simply because he knew she wanted to wait before taking things to the next level. She walked into his bathroom and searched for a spare toothbrush so she could brush before going to find him.

She walked back down the hall and down the stairs where they had come from last night. When she got to the bottom she had no idea where to go.

“Mr. Sanchèz is in the sitting room just right through there” said the maid who walked by.

“Thank you.”

She followed the directions and found Javier typing away with a bowl of lucky charms next to his work.

My big baby.

She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him.

“Hey baby”

Jessica was sure her heart just smiled.

“Good morning” she replied

“Go grab some breakfast, I just have to finish all this before we go into the office.”

“I need to go to my place to get some clothes first”

“No need. I put some clothes in my closet for you”

“Um...OK”

He turned to her and sent her a boyish grin and she couldn't resist ruffling his hair, neither could she resist the giggle when he pouted in response. She walked away but squealed when he picked her up and spun her around.

“What's gotten into you?” She asked grinning from ear to ear.

“I'm just happy you're here”

She kissed him and smiled at him before walking to the kitchen. She made herself a bowl of cereal making sure to take mostly the marshmallows. Then hurried upstairs to shower. When she came out of the shower, Javier walked out of his closet wrapped in a towel with another drying his hair. He had obviously taken a shower in another bathroom.

“I could get use to seeing you like that in the morning”

“Flirt” she accused before walking into his closet to get dressed.

She didn't even bother to question how he knew her size. All she knew was Javier is a man that can make things happen. They left for work in his car and Jessica couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear. This all felt so right, so normal and she felt herself starting to trust him. She looked down at her hand when she felt him lace his fingers with hers. She gave his hand a small squeeze then turned to look out the window as they eased out of traffic and made their way down the block to the gallery.

“Looks like Logan is here to pay one of us a visit” she said when she spotted him standing in the parking lot waiting.

Javier parked and walked over to Logan but she stayed in the car to collect all the files they had brought with them from his house. When she stepped out of the car she blushed and tucked her hair behind her ear as when both of them turned to smile at her.