27

Her internship ended and it was all so bittersweet for Jessica

Her internship ended and it was all so bittersweet for Jessica. It made things easier for her not being around Javier all the time. Everyday he would surprise her with flowers and her favorite pastry but his betrayal was ever present in her mind.

Logan was slowly adjusting to the memory he had regained. He somewhat lost a part of his playful side that she missed sometimes. He retreated as though the world around couldn't be trusted.  His relationship with Javier was a bit strained but nonetheless they were trying. Jessica knew Javier would give anything to have her try with him too.

As she made her way back from breakfast that morning she paused outside her door when she saw a vase with flowers and a note tuck in.  She glanced around before picking it up and letting herself into her apartment.

She set the flowers down and removed the note as she walked over to the couch and kicked off her shoes.

Frowning she noticed the note was typed and wasn't signed with a name.  Usually Javier signed his notes and his notes were always hand written but she shrugged it off as him just expecting her to know they were from him.

What puzzeled her though was what the note said:-

You looked lovely so early in the morning. Have a good day beautiful.

"When did he see  me? " she whispered.

She thought about calling him but decided against it.  She had enough to do for the day. 

She spent the morning typing up her report for the internship that was due today.  Her professor made it clear that tardiness would result in point deduction. Her fingers flew across the keys as she typed.  Every word bringing back memories from her first day at the gallery to her last. All she had to do was get to campus,  print the paper and take it to her professor's office.

She glanced at the clock and noticed it was now almost midday.  She had a lot of time to spare but she figured the earlier she got this done the more time she would have for herself.

Jessica eyed the sky nervously, the clouds that had been wispy and white that morning were now darker and more dense. She quickened her pace, this was not the day to be caught in a downpour. The weather gave her a chance to wear her favorite green sweater which she pulled close around her as she boareded the bus.

The bus ride was a pleasant one.  She gazed out the window watching the scenery go by. Before they came to her stop the bust stopped to pick up a mother and her two children.  They sat across from her and Jessica noticed she had an instant audience.  The little boy peeked at her from beneath his mother's hand.  She smiled at him and wiggled her fingers at him playfully.  When he blushed and ducked back behind his mother's hand she chuckled and looked away.