23

It seemed unfair that no matter how much he strived to be the man his conscience wanted him to be, it would keep taunting him with his failures

It seemed unfair that no matter how much he strived to be the man his conscience wanted him to be, it would keep taunting him with his failures. Each time he closed his eyes the image of her betrayed hurt expression haunted him. The heart wrenching broken sobs echoed over and over in his mind taunting him, reminding him. Then the image of her wrapped in Logan's arms would come to him like a slap in his face, a punishment for what he had done, for what he had allowed to go too far.

The thought of loosing her for good caused his body to go numb with panic. His heart felt as though it was caught in a vice like grip being squeezed until at last it work stop. Subconsciously he put his hand to his chest and kneaded the flesh over his heart, the pain was becoming physical.

He longed to be able to go back in time, make better choices, stand up for what was right but that was not possible. Just like it was impossible to take back what he had done.

He tried to forget. Leave the past behind. But he couldn't do it when he saw her from the distance each day at work, so near yet so far. Mercilessly showing him what he wanted most in this world but couldn't have.

She had changed the color of her hair, she had gone full black, it was bold and beautiful more fitting with her young and restless personality. As the Day of their lives passed on Javier watched her come to terns with what was, he could see her accepting it, adjusting to life without him and he hated it.

te odio!” He yelled as his fist clenched and unclenched at his side. “I was young! I just wanted to follow my dreams, go to college and make something of myself and you ruined my life!”

He turned to glare at the headstone.

“You always wanted things your way! On your time! You were so selfish! So beautiful… You didn't deserve to be so beautiful! You used it to manipulate everyone! Even me!”

“You did this to Bethany! You taunted her day and night even after you forced me to choose you or you would  have made her life hell. I chose you but I lost her! I watched her change into someone I didn't even know! She was my best friend and you took her! Just like you took Logan from me! You played him because you knew he was weak to you, turned him against me! I thought you were a good person when I met you but you weren't, it just took me too long to figure that out. You prisoned me with the love I felt for you. I've been walking around for seven years feeling guilty that after the devastation of you dying faded away. I felt...relieved”

Lo siento. lo siento mucho” he wailed as he fell to his knees on the grave. He cried silently. Unaware that he had an audience from the beginning of his confession.

“Why?” He heard Logan say from behind him.

Javier turned to look at him. “How long have you been standing there?” He asked him.

“You had me at te odio!” Logan replied in a poor imitation of Javier's voice.

“So from the start then” Javier concluded