16

Jessica had been doing everything she could to avoid Javier

Jessica had been doing everything she could to avoid Javier. She no longer stayed late to help with anything, she no longer went into his office for anything other than to deliver notes or collect files and she made sure to take all her lunch breaks outside of the office.

Now here she stood avoiding eye contact as she followed him and the tour group around the gallery as she took notes. She was all too aware of his eyes on her one too many times.

Take a darn picture, it last longer.

She looked up at him when she heard his voice drift off in the middle of discussing the history of a sculpture the group was gathered around. His brows knitted in confusion as he looked pass her then his eyes moved to her face with an expression of nervousness.

What the heck?

She turned to see what caused the sudden tension and saw a blonde woman, dressed in the finest that money could buy, with the face of an angel but the eyes of a she devil looking around the room. When her eyes caught Javier's her face transformed into a beautiful smile.

Bethany. Well aren't you a sight to cause a huge blow to a woman's ego.

“Cover the rest of the tour for me? I have a visitor”

She stopped looking at the woman so she could turn to Javier.

“I thought we weren't allowed to have visitors during working hours?” She asked him

“When you're the one signing your own checks you can make your own rules” he replied before walking away.

“whatever you say asswipe” she grumbled

“What did you just call me?”

She turned to him with a startled gasp. She didn't realize he had been standing so close. However when she saw the blonde glaring their way, she turned back to Javier feeling defiant.

“Not a thing, asswipe” she replied

She flipped her hair over her shoulder then strutted away from him. She joined the group and picked up the tour where he left off. She tried not to stare as Javier and Bethany as they walked out of the room. However she couldn't held but notice the way she slipped her hand around his waist our the look he cast at her over his shoulder when that happened.

She shook her head then post a smile on her face before turning back to the group.

Forget about him, he was obviously just another heartbreak waiting to happen.

She closed off the tour and handed out pamphlets as the group left. She heaved a sigh then turned to head back to her desk.

“You look like you've seen better days”

She turned to Mary with a smile. She glance to Javier's closed office door then shuddered at the thought of what they were possibly doing in his office.