10

"OK so tell me their names again?"

Jessica rolled her eyes as she accepted Logans hand to help her from the car.

"If you don't stop bugging me I'm going to slap you so hard you'll still be seeing stars next week"

"Oh feisty! Logan likes."

"OK ew, one stop flirting with me and two don't call me feisty and definitely not in that tone"

She tried to pulled her hand away from him but he held on tighter and pulled her to him.

"OK listen up, as soon as we walk through those doors you're going to have to convince my family that you're in love with me. So no saying ew when I flirt and no telling me no"

"Yes dear" she said smiling sweetly at him and batting her eyelashes.

She bit back a laugh when he was left momentarily speechless.

"OK that'll work" he said

She smiled and slipped her hand into his and  followed him inside. For a minute she felt like a fraud being in a place this lavish.

This really is the other side.

She nervously touched the pearl necklace then looked at Logan when he gave her hand a squeeze.

"You look beautiful, now stop fidgeting because here come my parents"

"Logan honey you're finally here"

"Yes mom"

Jessica stood there with a polite smile on her face. She leaned closer to Logan and placed her hand on his arm, trying to do her as the loving girlfriend.

"Allow me to introduce you to my  date, Jessica Walters, Jessica meet my parents..."

"Mr and Mrs Davidson, its a pleasure to meet you both."

Before she knew what was happening she was pulled away from Logan as his mother started fussing over her telling her how beautiful she is. She turned to look at Logan who mouthed help me over his father's shoulder. This time she couldn't help the giggle that escaped. His mother however cast I look between them and wrote it off as them being cute. She couldn't help the blush that spread across her cheeks.

And then she was left alone when his mother was pulled into a conversation with some other women. Feeling overwhelmed she quietly tried to slip away without being noticed.

"Jessica"

Oh no, Javier.

"You look..."

"Beautiful I know" she said turning to face him.

She folded her hands and looked around awkwardly.

Logan Davidson you're going to get an earful when I find you.

"I can see you didn't expect to see me here tonight"

"What gave me away?" She asked in a dry tone.

"Pretty much the look you're giving me right now?" He replied

"What look?"

"Like you wish you could strangle me"

"I'd settle for you getting hit by a bus, I wouldn't want to get my hands dirty" she wiggled her fingers then looked around.

"I didn't hear you complaining when I had you pined..."

"Jessica! There you are dear"

They both turned at the sound of Mrs. Davidson.

"Oh I see you've met Logan's best friend. Hello Javier dear"

"Barbara"

Jessica could feel her anger boiling as she watched him. Of course he would treat her like she's the girl from the other side of the tracks, because to him that's who she obviously is. She also noticed the awkward greeting but didn't question it.

"Excuse me I need to go find my boyfriend" she interrupted

She ignored the wide eyed confused expression on Javier's face and walked away with a light shrug of her shoulder.

She found Logan amongst his father and a group of men. She could see he was all too happy to use her as an excuse to slip away.

Now here they were on the dancefloor slowly floating around. Jessica had her head placed on his chest with her eyes closed as they moved.

"Ran into Javier huh?" Logan asked quietly

"Why didn't you tell me he would be here?" She asked

"I knew you wouldn't come. I really needed you're help. You're the only woman besides my mom and my sister that I trust. I don't exactly have long term women hanging around."

She looked up at him and found him scowling just a little.

"What's wrong?" She asked him

He didn't let her go he just looked down at her.

"I'm fine its just this scar it gives me a headache sometimes"

She brushed his hair away from his for head and gasped at the scar that she saw. She lightly ran her finger over it then looked up at him and found him already looking down at her.

"How did you get it?" She asked him.

"I think when I was younger. That's all my parents told me, that I got it when I was young."

"You mean you don't remember getting it?"

"No and I never really thought about it. Almost every child had a childhood scar right? Enough about me you look tired. We can stay here tonight or I can drive you back across town."

She felt her skin heat up and she got a feeling like she was being watched. She turned and saw Javier standing to the side with his hand in his pocket while nursing a drink. The look on his face gave her an uneasy feeling.

He stared unblinkingly. His eyes never leaving Logan who was oblivious to what she was seeing. The look was almost a look of hate which shocked her to the core. She looked up at Logan but he was busy staring at a woman across the room that was being hugged by his parents.

"Looks like my sister is here. She's the smart one. She turned up late when all the attention was already on me."

Jessica turned to look back at Javier but he wasn't there anymore.

"You look tired so I think I'll stay here if you don't mind." She told him.

"My parents has more than enough rooms to spare"

"Great."

The rest of the night passed by in a blur. She was so tired she was sure she wouldn't remember the names of half the people Logan introduced her to. When she changed into one of Logan's T-shirt and fell into bed that night Javier's angry face from earlier was front and center in her dreams.

 When she changed into one of Logan's T-shirt and fell into bed that night Javier's angry face from earlier was front and center in her dreams