33

Jessica bit down on her lip to keep the sobs from escaping as she stared at her phone

Jessica bit down on her lip to keep the sobs from escaping as she stared at her phone. In the grip of silent panic she sat up in bed brushing at the tears silently falling down her face as she tried not to wake Javier who was sleeping next to her. She had woken him up last night again and kept him awake until just before the sun came up.

He stirred next to her and reach for her even in his sleep. She watched as his eyes opened when he came up empty handed. As he saw her face he jumped out of bed not caring that he was stark naked.

"What's the matter?" he asked taking her face in his hands.

"He's watching us. He saw... " she covered her mouth as a sob rocked her body.

Javier pulled her to him and calmed her like one would calm an upset child. When she managed to calm down she unlocked her phone and showed him the text.

"Son of a bitch!" she heard him swear as he tossed the phone on the bed.

"How could he see us making love? I'm on the top floor, he can't peek through a window."

Jessica watched him pull on his pant then he walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

"You can't stay here but let's call the police first." he told her.

She nodded and made to walk into the bathroom. She stopped and looked back at him.

"I'll just shower at your place."

He nodded and reached for her then he turned his attention to the phone. She snuggled into the protection of his hold and let him handle the police. Once he gave them her address Jessica knew it had all become more real.

When the police arrived they came prepared to work. Jessica could see her neighbors casting curious glances into her apartment as they passed by the open door.

While two searched the other one stood asking her and occasionally Javier questions.

"Have you seen this guy after you ran into him on campus?"

"No officer."

"Hmm and you say he hasn't been inside your apartment. What about this Logan friend of yours?"

"What about me?"

They all turned to see Logan walking into the apartment and taking a seat like he owned the place, as usual.

"Someone's stalking Jessica." Javier told him.

Logan sprang from the couch and pulled Jessica into a hug basically knocking Javier out of the way.

"Did they hurt you?" he asked

"So you're saying you're not the one stalking her then?" the officer asked while writing in her notepad.

"Do I look like I need to stalk women into submission? Sweetheart they come to me willingly, wouldn't you agree?" Logan replied

Jessica pinched his hand when she saw the officer glare at Logan. He rubbed the spot and pouted.

"I'm just saying." Logan replied before plopping onto the sofa again.

"Jessica is there anything else in the apartment that you can't place who sent it?" the officer questioned.

"Only the flowers from last night. The jewelry is from my boyfriend and the -"

"What jewelry?" Javier interrupted

"The ring with the green diamond." Jessica told him.

"Baby I never sent you a ring." he told her.

If she wasn't panicking before she was definitely panicking now.

"We found something. It's a tiny wireless camera. It was taped to one of the flowers stem in the bedroom." a officer said walking out of the room holding out a plastic bag.

"Jessica where's the ring you mentioned?" the officer asked

"Over there on the kitchen table." she pointed.

"We're dusting them for prints. You boys find anything else around?" the officer asked her partners

"No it's all clear, I still wouldn't advice you to stay here though, especially not alone." one of the other officers told her.

"She won't." both Javier and Logan replied

She turned to see them eyeing each other before they both nodded as though they just made a silent agreement.

"We should have some answers for you in less than twenty four hours. If this guy wasn't careful we might be able to pick up his prints. In the meantime stay safe and lay low."

"She will." both Javier and Logan replied again

The officer sent Jessica a small smile. Both women knew what that smile meant. It meant you're a lucky one to have these guys looking out for you and she knew she really was lucky.

As the officers left Jessica went to pack her bag and the guys stay in the living room to talk. Their voices were lowered but she could still make out bits and pieces of what was being said.

She focussed on her packing as much as she could but she still felt creeper out in her own home like she was somehow still being watch. She hated it. So this is what animals feel like when we put them in cages and aquariums and call them pets is what she was thinking just as Javier poked his head in the room to find out if she was all packed.

"I'm ready." she told him.

"Good, let's get you out of here." he said taking her bag in one hand and her hand in the other.

Logan followed them out and the elevator ride to the first floor was quiet. Jessica wondered why this had to happen. Why couldn't she have been the small town girl that goes to the big city and have a regular college life. Instead her life was one incident after the other.

When she looked over at Javier and Logan they both smiled at her and she told herself as long as she didn't get hurt it was all worth it to have found such an amazing friend and a man that though he's far from perfect loves her with his whole being.

Logan left and promised to call them later and Javier brought her home to his house. He held her hand the whole ride and she could tell he was on edge thinking the worst worried about her but he was keeping it together for her sake. She was glad for that because she needed his strength so she wouldn't fall apart.

Hey guys so I hope you are all enjoying these bonus chapters I've uploaded

Hey guys so I hope you are all enjoying these bonus chapters I've uploaded. Please again don't be silent readers,  comment your thoughts I love hearing what y'all think and please click on the star and vote! Thanks Luvs.