12

Friday came around faster than she would have liked it to but time waits on no man is what her brothers always tell her

She tried to keep a smile on her face as she greeted each guest coming in. Smile and hand them a program, that's all she had to do.

The more she smile the more persistent her nagging headache became. She wanted to palace around and try to relax but couldn't move from her post until majority of the guests have arrived. She put her fingers to her temple and gently rubbed in circular pattern while trying to ease the pain. When the pain moved between her eyes she pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes waiting for the throbbing to pass.

"You look like you're in pain" she heard Mary say from next to her.

"I'm having I terrible headache" she replied

"Oh you poor thing. Take a break and I'll finish up here. Go to Javier's office and look in the top draw he usually keeps a bottle of Advil there"

"Thanks so much Mary. You're a life saver"

She hurried to the office and groaned when she had to turn on the light which caused the throbbing to increase. Walking over to his desk she pulled a draw open and looked around. No pill. She moved to the other side of the desk and pulled a draw open and immediately spotted the bottle. She popped the cap and shook too of the tablets into her hand and replaced the bottle. She moved to close the draw but stopped when her eyes caught site of a picture. What really caught her attention was the girls eyes. The exact color of her own eyes. She was about to pick it up but stopped when Javier's voice cut across her snooping.

"What are you doing?"

"Mary told me I could find painkillers here" she replied showing him the bottle.

"You're feeling ill?" He asked

She was surprised to hear him sounding so concerned.

"Just a headache"

She watched as he walked to a cupboard. He took out a bottle of water and handed it to her.

"Thanks" she mumbled

He walked around his desk and stood next to her. She saw his eyes move to the draw and she knew he knew she saw the picture. His eyes moved back to her face then he shut the draw.

"Who is she?" Asked Jessica

"Just someone I use to know" he replied with a shrug

"Use to?"

"She passed away"

"Oh. I'm so sorry"

"It was seven years ago. Its alright"

She choked on the  water that she was drinking.

"ten cuidado" he hissed.

She felt him grab her shoulder then he started patting her back.